• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Last of Us Remastered   64 members have voted

1. 1. The Last of Us Remastered Buy or Pass?

• Buy
    • Pass
  2. 2. Before The Last of Us Remastered?

• PS3 owner, already played.
    • PS3 owner, skipped over this before.
    • Xbox 360 owner, missed out.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

I am a PC only gamer with consoles for exclusives only. I highly recommend this game. I have it for my PS3 and if I bought a PS4 this would be one of the titles I would pick up. I love the evolution of the characters in this game. This is a must buy for anyone who has a PS4 if you do not already own the PS3 version.

I have to agree at every point about this post. Specially the cast of characters you follow, and will find in this world. How do they even live in this world that has formed. What I like the most of this story is, most "zombie" like stories always start just after everything went down. The Last of Us takes place 20 years after everything has happen. It's very interesting to finally see a human world fallen apart so much.

I missed out on The Last of Us since i owned an Xbox 360. Now made the switch because Microsoft doesn't seem to know themselves which way to go. So the step was rather easy, plus in the Netherlands there is still no Xbox One in the retail stores. So 1 plus 1 makes 4.

I watched Nova, from the creatures, play this game from start to finish. It was certainly a game that had me gritting my teeth with anxiety and suspense. I love horror games like this where it's a survival horror but it also goes into the psychological side of how other people are dealing with it.

Either way, great game hands down, one of the best exclusives ever, even if I had played it before I would still buy this one.

My only question is, was the multiplayer any good?

Multiplayer keeps the Naughty Dog trend ever since Uncharted 2 of being solid and fun in its own way. Its a solid 3rd person shooter, with its own little spins to play around cause of the world.

the last of us is probably, the best narrative and storyline in any game i ever played. i would definetely get it again for the PS4, but not when it releases. i would prefer the experience to be as fresh as possible and i put 150+ hours into the PS3 game. it's not going to feel new-ish if i played it this year.

i'm gonna get a GTA5 PS4 bundle instead, and next year i will probably get last of us again.

multiplayer on last of us, is fantastic. it's heavily stealth, and not taking a stealthy gameplay style will land you dead all day long.

there's a lot of tension and suspense involved in creeping through hallways and dark corners of a map not knowing if anyone's there or how many players there are.

the way they designed it, with a clan of your own survivors that you must cater to by performing certain tasks and stealth kills in the matches you play, was great and added to the tension i.e. shit if i don't get a knife kill this match i've lost and have to start my 12 weeks of survival all over again.

the only bad thing i could say about it is that, the way it was designed was all based around the build up to getting the 2 main trophies, firefly and hunter, which are needed for Platinum. once you do the 12 weeks on each team and get those trophies, there's not much reason to continue playing. you can of course start another course of 12 weeks and just play the matches for fun, but when you get those events where you have to do specific tasks to not have to lose your survivors and re-do the 12 weeks, is annoying.

it would have been perfect if they just added a mode that's unlocked after you got those 2 trophies, where it just lets you play the exact same way on the 12 weeks course except there is no 12 weeks or survival events - you just play match after match, much like an fps game, where a map ends and players are thrown into a lobby and another match loads.

Played it on ps3, platnuimed it so for me be bit of a waist of time purchasing. Although they multiplayer side of it is surprisingly good. Not quite still worth it for me tho to get.

Played it on ps3, platnuimed it so for me be bit of a waist of time purchasing. Although they multiplayer side of it is surprisingly good. Not quite still worth it for me tho to get.

I get that, that's like if they put out Uncharted 2 Remastered. I played that game all the way through in and out. I got no reason to step back. Maybe down the line it will be price drop and that might worth it than to pick it up. There are no wrong answers only smart gamer choices.

My favorite thing about this upcoming game is that its a great lengthy game that has a surprisingly good multiplayer and the DLC for under $60.  Great deal, plus this is a nice hold over while we all wait for Destiny.

Never bought it as was too busy saving for the ps4 at the time.... may as well get the remastered

The multiplayer maps that come with it will freshin it up for me. Didn't buy them nor Left Behind, so I ought to play that.

I am hoping since I know the owners of the locally owned Game Store I pre-ordered the Last of Us through maybe they will give it to me the exact day they receive it (usually up to a week early lol)

Game Nights, will be community events were we all will team up on a game and battle all out for Victory or Death. August 2nd will be the first Game Night, starring The Last of Us Remastered. There will be a separate topic about this in the near future, I wanted to drop this in here first to see what you guys think?

Would you go to a Game Night and play The Last of Us with AJSA Members?

HeroEightyTwo likes this

I played both Tomb Raider and the last of us on PS3 I enjoyed them both but can't justify the expense to buy them again remastered, though I'd like to. Maybe I fi could trade up like they have done on other games but they've not made that an option.

I will miss out on Last of Us Game Night but I am interested. If there's a BF4 or Destiny (or another multiplayer game I own on PS4) GN in the future I will do my best to attend.

I will miss out on Last of Us Game Night but I am interested. If there's a BF4 or Destiny (or another multiplayer game I own on PS4) GN in the future I will do my best to attend.

There will be a post in more detail about Game Nights, and I don't to get this topic off track too much. But to your point, yes there will different games played for Game Night in the future. Like Battlefield 4 and/or Destiny.

But back to your one point about having to pay again. That's understandable if you already played and paid for the game you have that reason to just skip this time. That maybe thee should be some form of upgrade of trade up offer for games like The Last of Us, or Tomb Raider.

For those of you playing for the 1st time though you're in for a treat. It is a great game. Though I only played through single player.

I too missed out previously. As a recovering Xbox 360 and Xbox One owner I am looking forward to this.

How come no one plays the multiplayer? 

Alot of people did play the multiplayer and is highly recommended. At the time I personally couldn't play it cause I didn't have my PS3, I had to borrow the console from a friend. Which the online pass got tied to that console. So I was stuck with a game with no multiplayer.

Fellow community member points out for us that The Last of Us will be a whooping 50 GB size game for downloaded. For hard disc people this isn't bad news, but for us digital guys OH BOY is this a damper.

Check it out here, The Last of Us: Remastered Takes 50GB of Storage.

The Last of Us One Night Live, takes the great video game story and brings it to a live performance from the original voice actors. On Monday July 28 is an one-time-only performance will be staged at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica at 7 PM PT. Tickets have sold out! But do not fear, as this live performance will be streamed live across Youtube, Twitch, and PlayStation Network's Live Event Viewer.

You guys think this a fun little experiment?

Really excited for this game. It's time to find out what all the fuss surrounding this game is all about ;)

Naughty Dog has announced Photo Mode will be a feature for The Last of Us Remastered, through Patch 1.01 which rolls out the day the game is in our hands. Photo Mode with a simple click of L3, will allow you enter a free cam freezing the moment of the game. You can position the angle, add effects and hit Share to screenshot your Photo.

Photo Mode is a great feature as our Community Event Share Me starts the day The Last of Us Remastered comes out.

To learn more on Share Me, Click Here.

That's not all that was announced today. Today at SDCC, Sam Rami announced he will be directing The Last of Us Motion Picture. He also said Game of Throne actress Maisie Williams will be playing Ellie, and that Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann (creative director of The Last of Us) is still set to write the script for the film. To add to this they've given us a poster for the movie, with Maisie Williams as Ellie.

BtagsNyCEAA4m6P.jpg

okay I'm in two minds of this.

One I'm excited to see this movie adaptation of a very good game, but two with the current track record of games being made to a movie had always had a very low success rate. So I don't know if I should be happy or scared that it is being made for the big screen.

Photo Mode.....  It's like they knew.....