• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Last of Us Remastered   64 members have voted

1. 1. The Last of Us Remastered Buy or Pass?

• Buy
    • Pass
  2. 2. Before The Last of Us Remastered?

• PS3 owner, already played.
    • PS3 owner, skipped over this before.
    • Xbox 360 owner, missed out.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

97 posts in this topic

I guess we expect different things from games then, I want it to be an interactive experience and you want it to be a cinematic experince.

Which is what TLOU is, it has 2 hours of cutscenes inside a 15 hour or so game. That's a 13 hours or so of gameplay right there. Also a game isn't overrated just because you don't like it, to be honest I find Deus Ex (1st one) to be boring not to mention the stealth mechanics sucks (even compared to Thief at that time), it has a good lore, setting and atmosphere but horrible pacing and execution, stupid AI, clunky shooting mechanics, some parts that feels like a filler (missile launch sequence comes to mind) and the best definition of jack of all trades, master of none (all of it's system are half cooked, shooting, hacking, stealth, you name it) but it doesn't mean it's overrated, it just means that it doesn't suit my taste. Funny thing is that you called Dark Souls overrated but it's pretty much in line on what you wanted, it's open world and you have a lot of things at your disposal to finish the game (plus the each mechanics are great compared to Deus Ex which all are pretty much half baked), you have to discover the lore and story, it doesn't treat like an idiot), I recommend visiting it again since base on your taste you'll probably like it (it grew on me the third time I played it) : )

Which is what TLOU is, it has 2 hours of cutscenes inside a 15 hour or so game. That's a 13 hours or so of gameplay right there. Also a game isn't overrated just because you don't like it, to be honest I find Deus Ex (1st one) to be boring not to mention the stealth mechanics sucks (even compared to Thief at that time), it has a good lore, setting and atmosphere but horrible pacing and execution, stupid AI, clunky shooting mechanics, some parts that feels like a filler (missile launch sequence comes to mind) and the best definition of jack of all trades, master of none (all of it's system are half cooked, shooting, hacking, stealth, you name it) but it doesn't mean it's overrated, it just means that it doesn't suit my taste. Funny thing is that you called Dark Souls overrated but it's pretty much in line on what you wanted, it's open world and you have a lot of things at your disposal to finish the game (plus the each mechanics are great compared to Deus Ex which all are pretty much half baked), you have to discover the lore and story, it doesn't treat like an idiot), I recommend visiting it again since base on your taste you'll probably like it (it grew on me the third time I played it) : )

Dark Souls is a great game for all the reasons you listed, I like it alot. It's still overrated, overrated isn't the same thing as bad. When it came out everyone treated it like the second coming of Jesus and for months every time a hard game came out it was called the "Dark Souls of it's genre". People completley ignored how some things in that game was completley broken.

I agree with you somewhat on Deus Ex. My favorite game of all time has to be Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, it's basicly a spiritual successor to Deus Ex but it corrected alot of the misstakes Deus Ex made. It's got superb voice acting, some of the best written characters in a game ever and No other game except TLOU and Witcher 3 have better body language than Bloodlines, and Bloodlines came out in 2004. The gameplay isn't perfect but it's much better than Deus Ex and it's got one of the best character building systems in a game ever. Then again, it's completley ripped from the PnP game(which is a good thing).

TLOU is a cinematic experience, not an interactive one. There's gameplay but it consists of "move from point A to point B, cutscene repeat". You can never fail, you can't decide anything. You will never be able to mess up and get Ellie killed. You are only allowed to go the narrow path that the developers have made for you.

In my opinion Half Life 2 isn't as amazing as alot of people make it out to be, I can however see why they think it's so awesome. Half'Life 2 introduced an awesome physics engine and incorperated it into the gameplay with the gravity gun. TLOU brings nothing new to the table at all. Generic 3rd person shooting inear levels and cutscenes. The cutscenes are well done and the voice acting is superb but I would never give the game a 10/10. Perhaps I would give the story and voice acting a 10/10 but since it's a game you would also have to consider the gameplay and AI which isn't very good at all. I've had my immersion break several times when Ellie runs past a guy and he doesn't even notice me, or when I sometimes crouch infront of a hunter and he doesn't even notice. I feel like it's time that the game industry with the next gen consoles move away from these linear experinces and try to offer something new. I'm glad MGS tries to move away from the linearity with their open world. Destiny also looks great with it's seemless multiplayer so it seems that things are moving in the right direction.

I must say that I'm impressed with that they have done with the remaster, I'm glad you're not forced to play in 30fps, having the fps unlocked makes a big difference.

Dark Souls is a great game for all the reasons you listed, I like it alot. It's still overrated, overrated isn't the same thing as bad. When it came out everyone treated it like the second coming of Jesus and for months every time a hard game came out it was called the "Dark Souls of it's genre". People completley ignored how some things in that game was completley broken.

Care to elaborate on what was completely broken?

I agree with you somewhat on Deus Ex. My favorite game of all time has to be Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, it's basicly a spiritual successor to Deus Ex but it corrected alot of the misstakes Deus Ex made. It's got superb voice acting, some of the best written characters in a game ever and No other game except TLOU and Witcher 3 have better body language than Bloodlines, and Bloodlines came out in 2004. The gameplay isn't perfect but it's much better than Deus Ex and it's got one of the best character building systems in a game ever. Then again, it's completley ripped from the PnP game(which is a good thing).

Ummmmm no, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines was not a spiritual successor to Deus Ex in any way, if anything Deus Ex ripped off of many of System Shock's 2 mechanics.

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines has Superb acting? It has some Good acting but nowhere to the same level or same story telling as TLOU. The Execution in story telling COMPLETELY fails in Vampire the masquerade, escpecially if you're playing Malkavian which 99% of the people who play that game choose. You're character doesn't even have a voice. The best voice actors/actor in the entire game was Jeanette and her sister.

If anything Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines was a extremely flawed game due to the dev's not being able to Iron out anything, I would not call it anywhere near the best character building game. It's a great game but not amazing and does not live up to today's standards though the game definitely deserves a sequel It is not a game ANYBODY would call a spiritual successor to Deus Ex as it's mechanics and gameplay are far different.

Trust me, I love VTMB as much as the next person, but it's quite a flawed game. if any game Deserves a reboot or a sequel it is VTMB hands down. The devs if anything deserved more money, I miss Troika and if anything I do believe that if the company still existed today they would be competing with Bethesda.

TLOU is a cinematic experience, not an interactive one. There's gameplay but it consists of "move from point A to point B, cutscene repeat". You can never fail, you can't decide anything. You will never be able to mess up and get Ellie killed. You are only allowed to go the narrow path that the developers have made for you.

Not true, just because gameplay is Linear it doesn't = cinematic. Uhhh, you're able to get Ellie killed plenty of times. TLOU is definitely also an interactive experience.

You can still fail in the Linear path and fail the story. You just can't change the story.

In my opinion Half Life 2 isn't as amazing as alot of people make it out to be, I can however see why they think it's so awesome. Half'Life 2 introduced an awesome physics engine and incorperated it into the gameplay with the gravity gun. TLOU brings nothing new to the table at all. Generic 3rd person shooting inear levels and cutscenes. The cutscenes are well done and the voice acting is superb but I would never give the game a 10/10. Perhaps I would give the story and voice acting a 10/10 but since it's a game you would also have to consider the gameplay and AI which isn't very good at all. I've had my immersion break several times when Ellie runs past a guy and he doesn't even notice me, or when I sometimes crouch infront of a hunter and he doesn't even notice. I feel like it's time that the game industry with the next gen consoles move away from these linear experinces and try to offer something new. I'm glad MGS tries to move away from the linearity with their open world. Destiny also looks great with it's seemless multiplayer so it seems that things are moving in the right direction.

Many reviewers stated over and over that 10/10 does not mean perfect, Half Life 2 was great for it's time.

To say TLOU brought nothing new to the table is not true, being able to provide a great story with creative monsters and creative story telling with original animations, original characters, original unique spin to a genre that's over saturated and doing it better.

You do realize the reason why they made enemies not being able to see the AI is because they know the AI is not perfect, and it's too hard to make AI perfect and it would aggravate players when your partners get noticed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Linearity when done right, I'm sick of people saying this is a bad thing when it clearly isn't.

And look how much the MGS series benefitted from Linearity. I'm sure the new MGS will have very Linear moments to it too for the sake of better story telling.

Comparing Destiny to TLOU would be such a disservice as one is a MMO and the other isn't. Anyways I played the Destiny beta, mediocre story but great gameplay.

I must say that I'm impressed with that they have done with the remaster, I'm glad you're not forced to play in 30fps, having the fps unlocked makes a big difference.

You mean it's a linear experience and not cinematic. Your problem lies on having preference on open ended rather than linear which is understandable but calling it overrated just because of that is a bit condescending. It's ok not to get why other people like it along with its 200 awards and universal acclaim, I know it sucks sometimes (like DOTA2 for me), but in the end it all comes down to preference :)

Care to elaborate on what was completely broken?

Ummmmm no, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines was not a spiritual successor to Deus Ex in any way, if anything Deus Ex ripped off of many of System Shock's 2 mechanics.

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines has Superb acting? It has some Good acting but nowhere to the same level or same story telling as TLOU. The Execution in story telling COMPLETELY fails in Vampire the masquerade, escpecially if you're playing Malkavian which 99% of the people who play that game choose. You're character doesn't even have a voice. The best voice actors/actor in the entire game was Jeanette and her sister.

If anything Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines was a extremely flawed game due to the dev's not being able to Iron out anything, I would not call it anywhere near the best character building game. It's a great game but not amazing and does not live up to today's standards though the game definitely deserves a sequel It is not a game ANYBODY would call a spiritual successor to Deus Ex as it's mechanics and gameplay are far different.

Trust me, I love VTMB as much as the next person, but it's quite a flawed game. if any game Deserves a reboot or a sequel it is VTMB hands down. The devs if anything deserved more money, I miss Troika and if anything I do believe that if the company still existed today they would be competing with Bethesda.

Not true, just because gameplay is Linear it doesn't = cinematic. Uhhh, you're able to get Ellie killed plenty of times. TLOU is definitely also an interactive experience.

You can still fail in the Linear path and fail the story. You just can't change the story.

Many reviewers stated over and over that 10/10 does not mean perfect, Half Life 2 was great for it's time.

To say TLOU brought nothing new to the table is not true, being able to provide a great story with creative monsters and creative story telling with original animations, original characters, original unique spin to a genre that's over saturated and doing it better.

You do realize the reason why they made enemies not being able to see the AI is because they know the AI is not perfect, and it's too hard to make AI perfect and it would aggravate players when your partners get noticed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Linearity when done right, I'm sick of people saying this is a bad thing when it clearly isn't.

And look how much the MGS series benefitted from Linearity. I'm sure the new MGS will have very Linear moments to it too for the sake of better story telling.

Comparing Destiny to TLOU would be such a disservice as one is a MMO and the other isn't. Anyways I played the Destiny beta, mediocre story but great gameplay.

VTMB sure had a simple story, it's the characters that make up for it, I do not agree with you that the voice acting was bad, it was pretty damn great across the board. How does the storytelling in that game completley fail? care to elaborate? I hope you understand that the entire point of the Malkavian clan is that they're insane? The Malkavian have some of the best written dialogue in a game ever just because it's so batshit insane and half the time you don't even know what you are saying, until lyou complete the game and it all becomes clear. All that foreshadowing in the dialogue and the voices that you hear. Obviously your character doesn't have a voice, it's based on a PnP game, it's supposed to be YOUR character, having a pre-determined voice would just take away from that. And what do you mean with "todays standards"? What standars are we talking about? Linearity? Less content? Flashy cutscenes?

Also, if you are interested in a reboot of Bloodlines, check out Project Vaulderie it's a complete restoration of the game, they're converting it into Unity, looks amazing.

Link to website: http://www.projectvaulderie.com/

And How am I able to "fail" the story in TLOU or get someone killed? If Joel dies it just reloads to my latest checkpoint and I get to play the sequence again. It's a linear experience, you walk the set path the developers designed for you, the entire game is basicly a movie set.

You can't honestly say that TLOU have creative monsters, they're zombies with mushrooms growing out of their heads, it makes me hungry while playing the game because mushrooms are delicious, but it still isn't creative or original. Alot of other games have provided a great story, nothing new there, and like I pointed out before, while TLOU does a good job with the entire zombie apocalypse thing it still ins't better than alot of other things out there.

"You do realize the reason why they made enemies not being able to see the AI is because they know the AI is not perfect, and it's too hard to make AI perfect and it would aggravate players when your partners get noticed." Is this supposed to be a defense of the bad AI?

Linearity isn't inherently a bad thing, I agree with you on that. It has to be done right, something most developers don't. The thing is, why make linear games when you have the technology to make a non-linear game better? Look at the Witcher 3, it looks absolutley amazing and if they don't mess it up I'm sure it will get GOTY rewards 2015. I want a TLOU 2 where you can affect the story and where the world is open, they have the technology, use it to make something exciting. THe best moments in gaming for me isn't when something happens because the developers have decided that it will happen but when something happens completley unexpectedly.

You mean it's a linear experience and not cinematic. Your problem lies on having preference on open ended rather than linear which is understandable but calling it overrated just because of that is a bit condescending. It's ok not to get why other people like it along with its 200 awards and universal acclaim, I know it sucks sometimes (like DOTA2 for me), but in the end it all comes down to preference :)

I don't see how it's condescending to say that in my opinion it's overrated, I never said it is a bad game, infact I had fun with it. I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

This game is so amazing with an amazing story! I was an Xbox 360 owner who migrated to PS4. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to play this and see what the fuss was about.

Freyja likes this

I got a question, would you be against Savage Starlight (the comics in TLOUR) being made into a game all its own. If you have pick-up the comics and read each of the summaries, it does sound like a interesting story. Sure you need to flesh it out more. But how many of us would be against Naughty Dog doing a sci-fi game? I would love to see Savage Starlight turned into a game of some form. Love to see what Naught Dog would do with a sci-fi game.

What do you guys think? Plus Naughty Dog does own this: http://savagestarlight.com/

Freyja likes this

VTMB sure had a simple story, it's the characters that make up for it, I do not agree with you that the voice acting was bad, it was pretty damn great across the board. How does the storytelling in that game completley fail? care to elaborate? I hope you understand that the entire point of the Malkavian clan is that they're insane? The Malkavian have some of the best written dialogue in a game ever just because it's so batshit insane and half the time you don't even know what you are saying, until lyou complete the game and it all becomes clear. All that foreshadowing in the dialogue and the voices that you hear. Obviously your character doesn't have a voice, it's based on a PnP game, it's supposed to be YOUR character, having a pre-determined voice would just take away from that. And what do you mean with "todays standards"? What standars are we talking about? Linearity? Less content? Flashy cutscenes?

Malkavians make the story harder the understand they even mention it in the beginning, her metaphores are not ingenious, in the tabletop game Malkavians aren't suppose to be taken seriously. The fact that you say it is the best written dialogue is just laughable.

Also, if you are interested in a reboot of Bloodlines, check out Project Vaulderie it's a complete restoration of the game, they're converting it into Unity, looks amazing.

Link to website: http://www.projectvaulderie.com/

Thanks but not interested.

And How am I able to "fail" the story in TLOU or get someone killed? If Joel dies it just reloads to my latest checkpoint and I get to play the sequence again. It's a linear experience, you walk the set path the developers designed for you, the entire game is basicly a movie set.

You can't honestly say that TLOU have creative monsters, they're zombies with mushrooms growing out of their heads, it makes me hungry while playing the game because mushrooms are delicious, but it still isn't creative or original. Alot of other games have provided a great story, nothing new there, and like I pointed out before, while TLOU does a good job with the entire zombie apocalypse thing it still ins't better than alot of other things out there.

Okay, try eating insects infected with Cordyceps.

"You do realize the reason why they made enemies not being able to see the AI is because they know the AI is not perfect, and it's too hard to make AI perfect and it would aggravate players when your partners get noticed." Is this supposed to be a defense of the bad AI?

Linearity isn't inherently a bad thing, I agree with you on that. It has to be done right, something most developers don't. The thing is, why make linear games when you have the technology to make a non-linear game better? Look at the Witcher 3, it looks absolutley amazing and if they don't mess it up I'm sure it will get GOTY rewards 2015. I want a TLOU 2 where you can affect the story and where the world is open, they have the technology, use it to make something exciting. THe best moments in gaming for me isn't when something happens because the developers have decided that it will happen but when something happens completley unexpectedly.

Again and again, Linearity = better story. Unlinearity has proven time and time again that the story isn't good.

Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines is proof of that. Any person who has played that game and claims it has a good storyline is a Malkavian themselves.

noyram23 likes this

Malkavians make the story harder the understand they even mention it in the beginning, her metaphores are not ingenious, in the tabletop game Malkavians aren't suppose to be taken seriously. The fact that you say it is the best written dialogue is just laughable.

Thanks but not interested.

Okay, try eating insects infected with Cordyceps.

Again and again, Linearity = better story. Unlinearity has proven time and time again that the story isn't good.

Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines is proof of that. Any person who has played that game and claims it has a good storyline is a Malkavian themselves.

You just keep spewing out subjective opinion as fact, I'm not even gonna bother. Also, Cordyceps are edible, they are used in medicines. In China they even eat them.

Also the "malkavians aren't ment to be taken seriously" is complete bullshit, I have played several PnP games of VtM with people playing serious malkavians. You have either never played VtM or you have only played with "bad" malkavian players that think that insane always equals goofy and silly.

Damn... that Multiplayer Factions is very well done i must say. B)

Freyja likes this

I have a quick question. I have been thinking about getting this game and I was wondering if there are female multiplayer characters?

I have a quick question. I have been thinking about getting this game and I was wondering if there are female multiplayer characters?

Your answer is met with a Yes and somewhat of a No as well. Yes there female characters in multiplayer, No you sometimes can't be them. When a match loads up it give you a random character model for that match. You could be a female, or a male character it is random. I do wish they gave you the option, but not the case.

Jinxie likes this

Naughty Dog released a patch giving us the players two new multiplayer maps for FREE!

While also releasing new guns which you have to buy, cause their microtransactions... yay?

You just keep spewing out subjective opinion as fact, I'm not even gonna bother. Also, Cordyceps are edible, they are used in medicines. In China they even eat them.

Also the "malkavians aren't ment to be taken seriously" is complete bullshit, I have played several PnP games of VtM with people playing serious malkavians. You have either never played VtM or you have only played with "bad" malkavian players that think that insane always equals goofy and silly.

It's not subjective it's a fact, Anybody who has played VTMB can see how poorly no matter how original certain elements are in the story is poorly told.

Cordycepts are edible yes but it's mostly used in Herbal Medicine, not in cooking though some do, it's not a common practice outside the use of Medicine.

Yes you can play Malkavians that way, but the fact remains that most people who play Malkavians play them mostly to jest. Yes they're ways to make them interesting. But it's mostly for people who like playing as Jesters.

Stories in the world of The Last of Us.

"If you’re reading this, then what you’re seeing must look horrific. I had no choice, those things came up so fast. I had to hide the children. Stupid just stupid, I hid them in a place with no escape. So long, those things at the door. Any longer, I had to. One gun three bullets, four people including myself. They were crying, I was crying. They watched me, gun them down one at a time. They fought, they fought, they didn't want to die. But I couldn't let those things get them."

"I use to believe in God, I plead to him right now, I had no notice. I saved them, I saved them I know I did. Those things they will be Gods revenge on me… I am gonna open the door, I can’t bare to live after what I did. Sarah, Timmy, Red… I saved you."

Freyja likes this

I love TLOU its a must buy.

Freyja likes this

The Last of Us is one of my favourite games its a classic. I have completed it on normal, hard and survivor on PS3 and have just completed the game on normal and hard on PS4. I hope they give us a sequel they have to after its positive reception from gamers and critics.

Freyja likes this

I absolutely love this game on the PS3! Great single player story and the multiplayer is very entertaining, so I'm definitely looking forward to buying this game again. :D

I had a PS3 Version and never opened it due to being in a sort of depression and not playing much at the time.

Bought Remastered on Monday and my PS4 yesterday and am now trying to sell my PS3 version.

I had a PS3 Version and never opened it due to being in a sort of depression and not playing much at the time.

Bought Remastered on Monday and my PS4 yesterday and am now trying to sell my PS3 version.

Nice :) Man I should have waited for the Remaster to play the game but i'm a sucker for great games (or most games in general).