• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Transformers 4. Good or bad? Depends.

40 posts in this topic

So Transformers 4 has been released. I am not going to watch it since I am quite busy with work and collecting steam cards for badges. From what I heard though,

This movie is basically Michael Bay doing the same thing he did before in the previous movies. Only this time it's like him stroking his ego and spew it out on screen. If you like the action packed explosions and combat from the previous movies and want more of them, you will like this movie because it has tons of them. If you don't, why bother? Don't see this movie.

Micheal Bay  my mortal enemy ruining my childhood one movie at a time. First Transformers soon TMNT darn you Micheal Bay.

Micheal Bay  my mortal enemy ruining my childhood one movie at a time. First Transformers soon TMNT darn you Micheal Bay.

I hate to be 'that guy' but, he actually didn't ruin Transformers. Try watching Transformers Energon, that ruined Transformers. That TV show makes the Michael Bay Transformers movies look like the best damn thing that happened to Transformers. (In it, Ironhide was a rookie. A ROOKIE! In it Optimus Prime was morbidly obese unless he was super moded. The human characters were the most annoying they've ever been.They started out just like, "Fuck you transformers!" then it was, "I'm just an annoying exposition dumper now!")

While yes, Shia Labeouf was incredibly annoying and Megan Fox was just there because boobs, the first three Transformers movies had good action. Because that's what they are, stupid action movies. Transformers Energon on the other hand, was absolutely horrible. There were no redeeming qualities. That show had a worse understanding of the Transformers lore than Michael Bay. (The ending was like, "Unicron is in all of us." and energon was basically a temporary stat boost instead of their life blood. And did I mention that Ironhide is a rookie, instead of pretty much the oldest autobot around. Also they fucked up Omega Supreme if I remember correctly. Oh, and they fucked up Shockwave. (His name was technically shockblast, but that was just because Hasbro couldn't get the copyright for Shockwave.)

Oh yeah,

unfortunately the part where Optimus is riding Grimlock, which isn't clear if it is him or not, is at the end of the movie. That thing js only there so Optimus can ride the dinosaur and make that awesome looking image on the guy's signature above me for a brief moment.

Such a shame. There Should be a game made out of it.

In the middle of the movie they showed the Tessa always going for the boyfriend dude instead of her dad for saving her and stuff. Then in the end where Whalberg seems to be planning to sacrifice himself, all of a sudden he's important to her again. I found that kinda weird. Oh, and she was still a useless female character too. It's like the only reason for her to be there plot wise was so that someone could tell the good guys about the Seed deal between Frasier and Lockdown.

To the movie's credit though, Marky Mark is a much more useful character than boy from Disney channel show.

Shame that the focus on the movie again was on the humans, instead of the title species.

Prime's dialogue before he went at it with Not but Maybe Is Grimlock was also kinda weird and somewhat pointless. I liked that they showed the "Dinobots" transform. Wish they had more personality than just "ROAR!!!!!" and "You hit me really hard, so we'll let you ride us" (said without words) though. Also, did they explain what all this "Knight" business anywhere? Like if this thing had a prequel comic, do they explain what that is there?

Better than "Revenge of the Fallen" and "Dark of the Moon" though.

In the middle of the movie they showed the Tessa always going for the boyfriend dude instead of her dad for saving her and stuff. Then in the end where Whalberg seems to be planning to sacrifice himself, all of a sudden he's important to her again. I found that kinda weird. Oh, and she was still a useless female character too. It's like the only reason for her to be there plot wise was so that someone could tell the good guys about the Seed deal between Frasier and Lockdown.

To the movie's credit though, Marky Mark is a much more useful character than boy from Disney channel show.

Shame that the focus on the movie again was on the humans, instead of the title species.

Spoiler tag it please, there are people that haven't watch this movie after all.

Spoiler tag it please, there are people that haven't watch this movie after all.

Thought spoilers were already a given in these kinds of threads.

Optimus slapping Not but Maybe is Grimlock's ass with the sword while riding him, that's just wrong.

Kaz32 likes this

Thought spoilers were already a given in these kinds of threads.

Optimus slapping Not but Maybe is Grimlock's ass with the sword while riding him, that's just wrong.

Just to be save.

He did that??? Hm, no wonder JeremyJahns says he'll not be surprised if Optimus says "It's not gay".

It is Grimlock. All of the toys of that character are called Grimlock. So, it is Grimlock. 

It is Grimlock. All of the toys of that character are called Grimlock. So, it is Grimlock. 

Oh ok. Optimus slapped his ass with his sword.

Plus he's only at the final minutes of the movie.

Does any of the toy write ups explain the whole knights thing?

Oh ok. Optimus slapped his ass with his sword.

That's what I said.

That's what I said.

Yep, it's so wrong that I just had to mention it again.

I'm so disappointed that they replaced Witwicky with a new protagonist of the series named Cade Yaeger.

I'm so disappointed that they replaced Witwicky with a new protagonist of the series named Cade Yaeger.

I actually wondered if Pacific Rim had any influence on that name at all.

I enjoyed it. Which is more than I can say for the other 2. 

Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, and Kelsey Grammer were actually pretty entertaining. 

I also enjoyed the little story arc optimus had with wanting to GTFO and stay on earth. 

Other than the run time, I had very little issue with it. I really don't understand what people are expecting from a Transformers movie. let alone a Michael Bay one. 

I enjoyed it. Which is more than I can say for the other 2.

Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, and Kelsey Grammer were actually pretty entertaining.

I also enjoyed the little story arc optimus had with wanting to GTFO and stay on earth.

Other than the run time, I had very little issue with it. I really don't understand what people are expecting from a Transformers movie. let alone a Michael Bay one.

2 things people had issues with:

1) every movie is the same except the characters.

2) the movies are a big departure from the original series. 2 especially. Same with, urgh, Dragon Ball Evolution and Last Airbender. Although unlike those 2 abominations, I like the movie series, even 2 because it's fun to watch robots just throwing down. I laughed a couple of times, but I do wish the slow motions and the explosions are toned down.

Although compared to The Raid 2, Transformers as a whole lost. That movie is 10 times more superior. I mean just look at these 2 action scenes. I was more in awe looking at this than the entire Transformers robot action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moAqzUOOK80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHNprsfCAY

2 things people had issues with:

1) every movie is the same except the characters.

2) the movies are a big departure from the original series. 2 especially. Same with, urgh, Dragon Ball Evolution and Last Airbender. Although unlike those 2 abominations, I like the movie series, even 2 because it's fun to watch robots just throwing down. I laughed a couple of times, but I do wish the slow motions and the explosions are toned down.

Sigh... it couldn't be like the original series. I know to a lot of Transformers fans this sounds like madness, but while G1 was one of the BETTER Transformers series, it is far from the best. High mid-tier, but not top class. And, I would say that the G1 lore is some of the weakest in the TF universe. It was enjoyable, but didn't make a lot of sense. A lot of inconsistencies.

Also, you couldn't take the plot of an episode of G1 and turn it into a feature length movie. It wouldn't work. When you make an adaptation of something, changes have to be made. 

First three were garbage, no reason to believe this one is not garbage. It looks like there's still a focus on worthless human, the robots still look like garbage pieced together from scraps, bumblebee probably still can't talk, etc, etc, etc.

Sigh... it couldn't be like the original series. I know to a lot of Transformers fans this sounds like madness, but while G1 was one of the BETTER Transformers series, it is far from the best. High mid-tier, but not top class. And, I would say that the G1 lore is some of the weakest in the TF universe. It was enjoyable, but didn't make a lot of sense. A lot of inconsistencies.

Also, you couldn't take the plot of an episode of G1 and turn it into a feature length movie. It wouldn't work. When you make an adaptation of something, changes have to be made. 

That's what hardcore fans of the series thinks man, not me. I actually like the series. I will wait for the DVD release if I want to watch this latest one.

I like the first one. I cheered when Optimus appeared on screen etc. but the MIchael Bay tropes nearly ruined that one already. Two and three are really not good movies at all (an I like me some popcorn stuff from time to time) and I think four will stay the same.. so will watch it some way down the line but surely not in the cinema

First three were garbage, no reason to believe this one is not garbage. It looks like there's still a focus on worthless human, the robots still look like garbage pieced together from scraps, bumblebee probably still can't talk, etc, etc, etc.

To be fair, Whalberg, Gramer and Tucci aren't as worthless as the human characters from the other movies.

Human are always worthless in Transformer. It's 3 hours long, so they must've wasted a ton of time on humans like the last couple of garbage.

Sigma081 likes this

Did Joe go see this movie? Someone beat him to an Angry Review:

War for cybertron mission 9, best transformers gaming moment