• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Blacklight: Retribution   7 members have voted

1. 1. What gender did you pick?

• Male
    • Female

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

BlackligtRetributionBanner_zps6c04de6c.p

Blacklight: Retribution has finally come out of open beta for the Playstation 4 and now is a full release title. Blacklight: Retribution is an online multiplayer Free to Play, First Person Shooter. Featuring unparalleled character customization; guns, gear, and armor can be customized piece by piece to create your perfect loadout. Innovative gameplay system that allows players to see through walls to make tactical decisions on the fly, keeping the combat fast and brutal. Blacklight: Retribution takes players into battles over a dystopian future with 10 maps, and well over 10 gamemodes.

Blacklight: Retribution

- Price: FREE

- Release Date: Out Now

- Rated: T for Teens

- Genre: Free to Play, First Person Shooter

- Download Size: 4.9 GB

- Developer: Zombie Studios

Having finally gotten to play Blacklight: Retribution I can say its a solid First Person Shooter. It sure satisfies my itch. I can see how the micro-transactions can get abit out of hand. The buying system; there are two ways ZEN or GP.

- ZEN is the currency you pay for with real money, using ZEN can either give you a extended trail for items, or permanently buy them.

- GP is game points you earn in-game for everything you do. using GP can only give you 1 day of rental for items.

As of right now I have not experience buggy problems with the release of this game. That says a lot with the experience I have had before during beta. The game back than wouldn't even start without locking up my PS4. One issue I have is the very flip flop sensitivity. I like to mess with my controller sensitivity, and from that start when you aim down you will notice your really tight. You barely can move your view around. So I mess around, and boy does it have some weird effects. Anything above 11 will make it slip around like its on ice. 11 seems to be that only number in the middle from being really tight, or all over the place. That's a personal thing though.

Other than that I have had some fun, I understand why some might not. It feeds my First Person Shooter itch, and its solid enough to keep playing.

This game is all about mircotransactions and its a P2W game and farming the guns you need is gonna quite along time to get the weapons you really need unless you wana drop money into this game. 

This game is all about mircotransactions and its a P2W game and farming the guns you need is gonna quite along time to get the weapons you really need unless you wana drop money into this game. 

That's a issue I see with this game, I understand if it is a put of for many. I say though if you don't plan on getting into it and just go casual like I am you should be fine. But yes it is grinding madness.

No doubt it is p2w, but from my days as a PC gamer I can say that it isn't that bad. You are truly only supposed to buy the gun(s) you REALLY want and the attachments you REALLY want, which if you permabuy it, should only cost roughly 20 bucks.

From there, the joy of the game comes from simply grinding, because it's not so much a grind anymore since most things you want are small.

The renting system helps. You can put small amounts into things you want for now until you can actually afford to buy it.

i only use default gun and nothing else. so actually for me  the guns in game are balance.

This game is really pay to win, I played it extensivly for hours on PC and had to put in money for actual sucess.

This game is really pay to win, I played it extensivly for hours on PC and had to put in money for actual sucess.

I see this thrown alot in this forum topic so far. I like to discuss this what is P2W, by everyone's own definition? And is Blacklight: Retribution truly a P2W game?

Cause if your telling me putting money into this game will keep your at the top of leader boards I would be your proof of not. I haven't paid a single thing made over 3k off one gun in a day. Yes the grind is hard but Im usually the top three every time, even if I am on the losing team. So I ask what makes this game P2W not as like me beating my chest off, but as me asking so I can understand better on this topic.

hello hi's and good day to everybody.

I've just started playing blacklight and its actually my first FPS game ever played and in all things considered I'm doing pretty well with the standard gun and equipment. Haven't put in some money into the game and not bought any items and being a virtual noob on the genre to be able to do some actuall killing and every once in a while on rare occations get a good enough rank on some matches should be a good indication that there is a certain balance to blacklight with or without dropping in some coin to buy stuffs.

This game is not P2W in the same way Warframe isn't. Both those are games are grindfests. No weapons are overpowered though, and Warframe everything but cosmetics can be crafted. You pay if you want it easy.

You get 130+GP every game and you can rent weapons for 24 hours for less than that or save and get the weapon permantely, I really don't see what's wrong with that. I started playing this game today and am Level 5 and really enjoy it, it's easy to get GP and rank up.

I dont believe this game is pay to win. I have only used the default gear for atound 15 hours of play time and, like WITHASTICK, im often at the top of the leaderboards. Besides that, if you just play the game for an hour or two a day you can earn enough GP to maintain rentals for every weapon attachment slot and every armor slot. Thus, you can basically perma-buy the equipment by continuously re-renting it. So no, I dont think this game is P2W.

I dont believe this game is pay to win. I have only used the default gear for atound 15 hours of play time and, like WITHASTICK, im often at the top of the leaderboards. Besides that, if you just play the game for an hour or two a day you can earn enough GP to maintain rentals for every weapon attachment slot and every armor slot. Thus, you can basically perma-buy the equipment by continuously re-renting it. So no, I dont think this game is P2W.

Its what I am was trying to get across, lets say you use default Assault Rifle and you want to attach every attachment on it. Each attachment slot is 120 GP, and 4 attachment slots, the total cost is 480 GP. Each game you play win or lose you average around 100 GP back. So if you play atleast 5 games you made your GP back. If you play 10 games you make double your GP back.

Most of the armors when I look at aren't all that interesting to put on. Sure I get a slight health boost but not by much. Sure I get a slight speed boost but not by much. The Default armor you get is pretty much the best armor all around.

I just found out the other day that Onslaught can give out fairly large amount of GP, with the cost of being a third of EXP to you. But every round I have average between 200-300 GP, whether I beat the onslaught game or have a team that all dies at the third wave mark.

I used the renting system to see what fit my playstyle better, and once I figured out my customization, I put around 30 dollars and fitted my character with the gear. 

Although...the most OP gun in the game, keep in mind you need the right map, the right team and situational awareness to make this work is the Anti-Material Rifle. No matter the HP you give yourself or the armor...that is a one-shot, one kill sniper rifle and it rings true to its name. Unless your in a Hardsuit...*those are FUN death machines >:) *

In my experience, if I get in the right spot on this certain map...I turn into a killing machine. I've had people try to flank me only to be head shotted out of pure luck or take a slug to the face if I was in the middle of a reload. You really gotta learn to make accuracy your main objective and that makes any gun you use OP. Damage is nice...but it doesn't count for jack when you can't hit shit now does it?

"Oh you gun deals 400 damage...thats nice...but your five feet from me and still missing."

"That gun only deals 25 damage and he can hit me in the head 5 times before I can even aim down my sights!"

Accuracy is the deal-breaker for a good gun  and that is what I built my set-ups around. (Except my sniper set-up.)

All in all, I have played P2W games before...and I end up shelling some money into the game if I enjoy it...Black Light: Retribution has filled a hole I've had in my gut since Crossfire: Rival Factions became a shell of its former self.

No way the game is P2W.  I havnt paid a penny into this game and i finish ontop of the scoreboard pretty much every match and i dont even use the lame ass xray view thing.

The game is just way too damn easy i dont even remember about the things you can get frm a depot half the time i just run around with the starting gun maybe put a better scope on it and thats it.  And i always do very well.

As for it being a grindfest that maybe true but then the guns from higher levels aint any better then the first one you have right from the start.

No way the game is P2W.  I havnt paid a penny into this game and i finish ontop of the scoreboard pretty much every match and i dont even use the lame ass xray view thing.

The game is just way too damn easy i dont even remember about the things you can get frm a depot half the time i just run around with the starting gun maybe put a better scope on it and thats it.  And i always do very well.

As for it being a grindfest that maybe true but then the guns from higher levels aint any better then the first one you have right from the start.

I'd have to disagree with you there. The HRV is very helpful. Saved my life plenty of times and the teams chances of winning when I ambush 3 guys or more coming around our flank. 

Also the M4X Rifle is by standard a superior starting rifle. You can do any upgrades you want to the starting rifle, but add those same upgrades to the M4X and it will still be hands down superior.

Now, I have nothing against the starting rifle, but its accuracy isn't all that great, it does have decent damage...now like I said, it can deal 400 damage per bullet, but that doesn't matter if you can't hit anyone. Now, even if it deals 25 damage and you can land all five of your first shots in the enemies head...it doesn't really matter because they are screwed if they get into a fire fight with you at a distance.

I'd have to disagree with you there. The HRV is very helpful. Saved my life plenty of times and the teams chances of winning when I ambush 3 guys or more coming around our flank. 

Also the M4X Rifle is by standard a superior starting rifle. You can do any upgrades you want to the starting rifle, but add those same upgrades to the M4X and it will still be hands down superior.

Now, I have nothing against the starting rifle, but its accuracy isn't all that great, it does have decent damage...now like I said, it can deal 400 damage per bullet, but that doesn't matter if you can't hit anyone. Now, even if it deals 25 damage and you can land all five of your first shots in the enemies head...it doesn't really matter because they are screwed if they get into a fire fight with you at a distance.

Thats true but it doesnt change the fact i can still finish top while using the first rifle.  So for me personally atleast i see no point i buying higher level guns so IMO the game aint P2W.

Thats true but it doesnt change the fact i can still finish top while using the first rifle.  So for me personally atleast i see no point i buying higher level guns so IMO the game aint P2W.

Yea, granted it is a nice gun, but its accuracy is just shit therefore it is a horrible gun for me personally because I prefer accuracy as the main aspect of any rifle I use.