• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SirGarwin

Borderlands: The Prequel

10 posts in this topic

So, I was wondering what people's opinions are on Borderlands: The prequel is.

Are you going to buy it? (This includes the purchase of a new/used xbox 360 for those that exchanged their xbox 360 for xbox one)

Do you believe that the decision to release only on the PS3 and xbox 360 is a wise move on Gearbox's part? They already admitted that the upgrade to the xbox one system would pose a great strain on their development, so what is your stance on this.

Will the storyline be carried out well? We all know how handsome jack is in borderlands 2 and since this is happening after borderlands 1, Jack has already begun on his quest world conquest. Plus two of the characters (Claptrap and Athena) are good and show this in borderlands 1 and 2. I am not doubting that they could pull this off, however it will take a very precise story line writer to tread the thin line between a great filling story and complete, utter bullshit.

This is a rather pessimist view of the game, but could anyone else enlighten me on their opinions on the subject? 

Well to be honest the game doesn't look that appealing to me its basicaly a reskin of borderlands 2 in Space, i lost intrest in the pre sequel because of Destiny would play and look better than Borderlands pre sequel and the price on buying the pre sequel is 59,99$ (Dollars) why buy a game thats a reskin set in space for 60$ when you can save your money on buying Destiny that has more content and end game content. They should had made it as a DLC for Borderlands 2 for 15$.

Well to be honest the game doesn't look that appealing to me its basicaly a reskin of borderlands 2 in Space, i lost intrest in the pre sequel because of Destiny would play and look better than Borderlands pre sequel and the price on buying the pre sequel is 59,99$ (Dollars) why buy a game thats a reskin set in space for 60$ when you can save your money on buying Destiny that has more content and end game content. They should had made it as a DLC for Borderlands 2 for 15$.

Ok just to be clear characters in the Borderlands series are about $10 each(krieg,gaige). They have 4 characters so that is $40 bucks and that leaves $20 bucks for the story. This isnt a re skin its Gearbox's way of dealing with Destiny while Borderlands  3 is in development. If they didnt put a Borderlands game out then Destiny would of come in and taken over the looter shooter genre (i know it sounds stupid but it fits) that Borderlands started. Gearbox doesnt want to lose its crown in the genre that it started and this is mainly because thus far Borderlands is the only really successful series they have. However, at first glance i would be frustrated too and  call it a re skin or a cash grab but after looking into it further its not at all.

IrishRogue, SirGarwin and Dyzzles like this

I'm not going to buy it on the basis of it's title, "The Pre-sequel". It's clear they haven't dropped this "Be as low-brow and anti-witty as possible" approach that made Borderlands 2 absolutely unplayable. 

Ok just to be clear characters in the Borderlands series are about $10 each(krieg,gaige). They have 4 characters so that is $40 bucks and that leaves $20 bucks for the story. This isnt a re skin its Gearbox's way of dealing with Destiny while Borderlands  3 is in development. If they didnt put a Borderlands game out then Destiny would of come in and taken over the looter shooter genre (i know it sounds stupid but it fits) that Borderlands started. Gearbox doesnt want to lose its crown in the genre that it started and this is mainly because thus far Borderlands is the only really successful series they have. However, at first glance i would be frustrated too and  call it a re skin or a cash grab but after looking into it further its not at all.

The feel of the game is different too. Because of the fact that with the exception of Athena, we already know the fates and overall consequences of their actions. So therefore the outcome is set in stone and when everyone already knows the ending, why buy the game at all? People want an adventure to love, not to be forced to be plopped down while the game demands that we love it.

Concerning your second point, I do agree partially with you and the British Templar. The Dungeons and Badasses DLC caused a major positive inflow of attention and cash into gearbox that I believe would rival Destiny. Even if they split up the prequel into part 1 and part 2 and made each have a large download base, it would effectively do as good of a job as being sold as a standalone game. Not only that but it would show a response without being seen as half-assed as it constructs Borderland 3. (Which I hope will be for the xbox one)

The feel of the game is different too. Because of the fact that with the exception of Athena, we already know the fates and overall consequences of their actions. So therefore the outcome is set in stone and when everyone already knows the ending, why buy the game at all? People want an adventure to love, not to be forced to be plopped down while the game demands that we love it.

Concerning your second point, I do agree partially with you and the British Templar. The Dungeons and Badasses DLC caused a major positive inflow of attention and cash into gearbox that I believe would rival Destiny. Even if they split up the prequel into part 1 and part 2 and made each have a large download base, it would effectively do as good of a job as being sold as a standalone game. Not only that but it would show a response without being seen as half-assed as it constructs Borderland 3. (Which I hope will be for the xbox one)

Gearbox has said that they literally cant fit any more DLC onto Borderlands 2 especially one of this magnitude and by that i mean the game wont allow for anymore stuff to be added onto it.

Gearbox has said that they literally cant fit any more DLC onto Borderlands 2 especially one of this magnitude and by that i mean the game wont allow for anymore stuff to be added onto it.

Well looks like Gearbox got caught with their pants down then. Still we will not know until after the game is released if they should have just waited for Borderlands 3 instead of making the prequel. And secondly, waiting and making it for the xbox one would encourage more people to jump on the xbox one instead of being stand off ish about it. True the development of games for the xbox one is painfully slow, this does not help when a big title snubs its nose about moving onto the next gen system. 

Acknowledging what the manager of Gearbox said in that moving onto the next gen system is expensive, but not doing so will hurt xbox one in the short run and them in the long run when big name games jump on the system. 

Not on PS4 = Nooope. Borderlands 2 was barley playable on PS3. Not interested in the Prequel.

Well looks like Gearbox got caught with their pants down then. Still we will not know until after the game is released if they should have just waited for Borderlands 3 instead of making the prequel. And secondly, waiting and making it for the xbox one would encourage more people to jump on the xbox one instead of being stand off ish about it. True the development of games for the xbox one is painfully slow, this does not help when a big title snubs its nose about moving onto the next gen system. 

Acknowledging what the manager of Gearbox said in that moving onto the next gen system is expensive, but not doing so will hurt xbox one in the short run and them in the long run when big name games jump on the system. 

Gearbox is playing it safe by not putting the Pre Sequel on next gen because its there only successful series and if it doesnt sell well on the current gen consoles(PS4.Xbox One) then there screwed. Also Gearbox would be stupid to just sit there and develop Borderlands 3 while Destiny and The Division(another looter shooter) come into there genre and take there crown. They need to put out something and the pre sequel was a smart move especially with them bringing back all the fan favorite characters like Wilhelm,Claptrap,Athena,Nisha, and Handsome Jack

maybe a stupid comparison, but I keep thinking

saints row 4 vs. gta 5

borderlands presequel vs. destiny

You know what I mean?