• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SirSeaBiscuit

Platinum Games Making The Legend of Korra Game

17 posts in this topic

Haven't seen the TV series, although I should as I am a big fan of Avatar, but I am so excited for this! I don't know if it's a Korra specific game, where it's basically the TV series but playable, or it's an RPG, with 4 factions, leveling up, ect.

I hope it's a story driven game with RPG inspired gameplay. And nothing like the bad Kinect game that came out years ago.

Its an action game like Bayonetta that is set between Book 2 and Book 3 of Legend of Korra. The story has something to do with chi blockers and korra getting her bending taken away so she has to get all of her elements back one by one.

Legend of Korra isn't as good as avatar the series imho. The main character isn't even close to Aang, and there was way too much angst and the main character getting caught cause of stupidity (And most of time the way she got out of those situations wasn't funny, while in the normal avatar I always had a smile on my face, when Aang got caught and he joked around.).. 

But well the animation looks better, and it's the same universe.. So it's not bad.

Personally I would've loved a high quality avatar game instead, but well. Not sure how this will turn out.

Puntosmx likes this

I hope this does not flop. I would be interested in it.

A game based on the Avatar franchise definitely has potential, but it won't be easy.  The story progression would have to work harmoniously with the skill progression, I really hope they don't rush this.

SAYS THE BOULDER!

SirSeaBiscuit likes this

Too bad that didn't show gameplay though.

Rev3games actually got hands-on time with it.

They've also answered some questions in the comments.

There's  ton of potential with this. As a huge fan of both Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, I have high hopes for this game. I honestly haven't played any Platinum Games titles, but I have heard great things from all their action games so this seems right up their alley. The fact that it's also being co-written by the series writer of the original TLA and Season 2 of Korra also means the story should be great. It is worth noting that this is a smaller project that's meant as a $15 digital only game, so this isn't a big budget epic. But even if it's gonna be short, I want it to be the best game it can be, and if it sells well, maybe we'll get a full sequel.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

The idea of a game based on leavese with one, humble thought. Don't fuck this up!

A game based on the Avatar franchise definitely has potential, but it won't be easy.  The story progression would have to work harmoniously with the skill progression, I really hope they don't rush this.

SAYS THE BOULDER!

Your first signature picture sums up my feelings for this upcoming game.

I want to play Varrick :D best character in the show

I want to play Varrick :D best character in the show

Varrick needs his own game. It'll be a mid-industrial revolution eccentric billionare simulator with a touch of tactical espeonage.

GOTY for sure.

Ah, well shit. Looks like a beat em up. LOST INTEREST FUM ME.

Platinum's game dev history even with other ips enough said.

The gods of spectacle fighters making an avatar one, I'm in. Personally would have just liked a made up bender though I thought korra was pretty uninteresting as a character. Oh well can't get everything you want, looks sick though.