• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

1mirg

I'm Boycott all Ubisoft games, you with me?

81 posts in this topic

So I decided too stop buying Ubisoft games.
The reason is because I have grown tired of all these half aft pieces being released for it. So, until they stop doing this trend stops I will not buy a Ub game on any platform, period. But, I would like to know if you are with me or not....mostly because I don't want to be the only one doing this 

Can't say that I will boycott all of their games, but I do know now to just wait before buying them for maybe a month or more.

Good luck with your decision though.

I think Black Flag will be the last game they release that I will want to buy.

I'm also noticing that whenever Ubisoft say "Alpha footage" what they really mean is "everything you're about to see is fake, nothing you're about to see will be in the real game and it wont look remotely as good as this."

In unless I get them free like my Farcry3 and Blacklist :P

Nope. Even though they keep dumbing down their games (Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell) and hate the PC community they are still the only large developer that ever makes anything interesting (Assassins Creed and the old Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon's online multiplayer, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts).

^^^^^ What he said.

Nope. Even though they keep dumbing down their games (Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell) and hate the PC community they are still the only large developer that ever makes anything interesting (Assassins Creed and the old Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon's online multiplayer, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts).

I have to agree.

Ubisoft keeps on dumping down games, but if anything, they are the only ones who don't make those simple linear FPS shooters with a story which is so bad, that it makes my head hurt. Most of their games that I played differ from all others that I played, that includes Assassin's Creed series, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Watch Dogs and a few more that I can't remember. 

I mean Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell are like most other 3rd person shooters, but I still found them to be in my top 5 third person shooters. Ubisoft knows how to make a engaging, interactive and fun gameplay by always introducing something new to a game. I remember when first AC came out and all the hype behind the climbing, animations, graphics, the story, the fighting...I remember seeing a lot of games, specially strategy games...one game in particular...Stronghold Crusader. I remember playing that game and wondering, "I would love to play a game with crusaders, but from a 1st person or 3rd person graphics and that it has graphics like these." WOW!

And then AC was announced which was set in my favorite historic timeline, it had what I always dreamed of...nice smooth graphics, epic combat, climbing...AND CRUSADERS! It was like playing Stronghold Crusader from 3rd person view...it was my dream.

I loved AC2, I didn't like AC3 as much, but I still liked it and AC4 was so awesome that I just fell in love with the map setting, I loved the ship controls, I loved exploring, I loved the graphics, but the only thing that was missing was the storyline. I missed that hardcore Assassin vs Templars feeling, but I think AC Unity will make up for that.

I loved Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist. There no Ubisoft game that completely let me down, each of them had only one thing missing, but rest was well done.

Like I said previously once in another thread, Ubisoft is one of those companies who release games that I'm very interested in. Each of their games has a unique gameplay and storyline and has a feature or 2 that other games didn't think of. There is far more worst companies than Ubisoft that disappointed me...and no, it's not EA. 

DemonsColt, Kcdmgirl and Kaz32 like this

a week ago i would have said yes, but... i put 12 hours into a new purchase: FC3 Blood Dragon and i loved every bit of it. it was pretty much a tribute to my childhood.

because of this game and how the garrisons and collectibles and missions go, i am confident i will now be able to look past the initial things i don't like about far cry 3 and play through the whole thing.

it's a ubisoft game that has opened me up to the idea that i actually might enjoy assasins creed games and looking out for far cry 4. both of these games (FC3 and Blood drag) do have a lot of options for graphics for the PC. you can even buffer your frames, first time i ever saw that on a game.

i haven't tried watch dogs on PC and i'm not normally one to follow hype, but it can't be THAT bad... i'm pretty sure people just love to hate a lot nowadays, even if there's little reason. gotta love that hate train.

so no, sorry mate, i give ubisoft some more chances in my book.

i haven't tried watch dogs on PC and i'm not normally one to follow hype, but it can't be THAT bad... i'm pretty sure people just love to hate a lot nowadays, even if there's little reason. gotta love that hate train.

I would give you 10 likes for this.

Just talked to a buddy of mine and he wanted to pick up Watch Dogs and you know what he said? He said he won't pick it up because he heard everyone hates Watch Dogs because Ubisoft apparently screwed it up. It was funny the way he said it though, "Nah screw that game, everyone hates it and it sucks, why would I buy it?" 

Best part is, he didn't even watch that many reviews or anything, he just watched one video and read a few articles. 

fridgeracer and Gone too like this

and stuff ...

it's the norm with lots of people i think. and a shame.

the only thing that iv'e seen from videos that i didn't like is there's a lot of floating icons and markers all over the screen which appears to make the game too easy to play.

but as with most ubisoft games, there's options to turn all these things off as well as a difficulty mode. if it's got those things as well as far cry 3 standards of video settings i will pick it up one day but not unless it's on a steam sale for £3.74. i may have to wait til 2016 for that kind of price but i'm in no rush.

Apex Spartan likes this

Yeah, think the whole "Ubisoft lied about the graphics" thing played more into that rather than the game itself being bad. Then of course there's the PC guys who're gonna feel slighted about the whole hidden options thing.

I'm with you, I have been boycotting Ubisoft for a few months already but for different reasons (uplay is dumb)

I enjoy most games they release, don't get the hate. Is this over the Watch Dogs thing? That's more of a problem with E3 presentations(which I've stopped watching years ago) than anything else really.

So now im both boycotting EA and Ubisoft, well why the fuck not 

With The Division coming out, I have no chance of pulling off such a thing lol

Dyzzles likes this

With The Division coming out, I have no chance of pulling off such a thing lol

Yes you can. Because nothing they showed us of the Division was real and it'll probably look nothing like that. Remember Watch Dogs.

Yes you can. Because nothing they showed us of the Division was real and it'll probably look nothing like that. Remember Watch Dogs.

I dunno about "The Division" but the one I'm doubting is "Rainbow Six". Specifically because of the scene where they had the drone go into the room where the criminals had the hostage. When she sees the camera drone, she reacts to it, and then the bad guys react to it, and so does she. The scene had to be scripted, those things just don't look like actual gameplay.

But then again, if they did it with "Rainbow Six", then chances are it was be done with "The Division" too.

okay let's all be fair here, just because a game doesn't have the best graphics doesn't make them bad. Yes, it was bad of Ubi to do that, but they were trying to sell the game and if their claim that there were performance/gameplay issues with the higher graphics settings are true then I actually think it was brave of them to choose gameplay and performance over raw graphical fidelity. I guess ideally they would've just delayed the game to set things right but as it is, Watch Dogs still looks and plays great.

I would have more of a problem if the gameplay they showed lied about how the game was actually played, but that stayed true throughout and I doubt they'd do that with the Division Either.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't boycott them or whatever you or the OP want to do. It's you're choice and maybe you're skeptical of Ubi's WatchDogs story. I'm just saying, it seems like an odd thing to hold a grudge over to me, certainly not boycott worthy if they're still producing solid work.

Now when they do something that actually messes with the ability to play a game, like adding worthless DRM or releasing outright broken games (COUGH EA COUGH) then that sounds more boycott worthy.

Apex Spartan likes this

I already have all the great games from Ubisoft, so I won't buy another Ubisoft game for now until Farcry 4. Does that count as boycotting?

Just talked to a buddy of mine and he wanted to pick up Watch Dogs and you know what he said? He said he won't pick it up because he heard everyone hates Watch Dogs because Ubisoft apparently screwed it up. It was funny the way he said it though, "Nah screw that game, everyone hates it and it sucks, why would I buy it?"

Best part is, he didn't even watch that many reviews or anything, he just watched one video and read a few articles.

Pretty much what you just said man. I would also give likes, but unfortunately I reached my max like quota. Darn quota!

This is exactly the problem with other games of the past. I also got persuaded by other people a couple of times before I buy a game that the game I'm going to buy is not good. Games like Lost Planet 2, Ace Combat Assault Horizon, the Wheelman, Double Dragon Neon, RE/Biohazard 5 - 6, The Punisher, Hitman Absolution, Alpha Protocol, games that before I buy them was said to be bad. But once I tried them for myself, I though the games are great and I can't understand who the hell said that the games are bad. Have they not tried games that are truly bad like Ride to Hell, Mindjack, Operation Raccoon City? (Since some of these games are bound to create useless flame wars, please don't start debating. It's pointless)

Oh yes, for the ones that are planning to buy Watch Dogs, just watch Mr Joe's review. That's an accurate summary of the game, although some of the complaints like being unable to punch pedestrians and some side contents are copying Saints Row are just nitpicks and personal preferences that I personally have no issue with. This game is meant to be played by doing things creatively. Use the phone's abilities as much as you can and you will have a blast with this game. I can't comment on the graphics because I can only play the game on medium setting and not high, but from what I saw, it still looks great, especially when it rains. Although not as great as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_lMhT-O6I

At least until ENB mods Watch Dogs and make it even better than the E3 presentation, which I'm definitely sure it will be able to.

Apex Spartan likes this

i put 12 hours into a new purchase: FC3 Blood Dragon and i loved every bit of it. it was pretty much a tribute to my childhood.

Right, I forgot to add the FC3 Blood Dragon was great and Call of Juarez Gunslinger is one of the best FPS games I've played, and again, both are different and interesting compared to pretty much every other FPS out there.

I dunno about "The Division" but the one I'm doubting is "Rainbow Six". Specifically because of the scene where they had the drone go into the room where the criminals had the hostage. When she sees the camera drone, she reacts to it, and then the bad guys react to it, and so does she. The scene had to be scripted, those things just don't look like actual gameplay.

But then again, if they did it with "Rainbow Six", then chances are it was be done with "The Division" too.

That one I actually saw, the hostage's an npc her reaction is most assuredly scripted, the criminals were players though.

Watch Dogs plays like they advertised, it's less pretty than the e3 video but most people don't really care.

That one I actually saw, the hostage's an npc her reaction is most assuredly scripted, the criminals were players though.

Yeah, the hostage is definitely an NPC. But one that reacts like that in a multiplayer game to both the drone and to the bad guy players? I'm having a very difficult time believing all of that was actual gameplay just because of that.

Right, I forgot to add the FC3 Blood Dragon was great and Call of Juarez Gunslinger is one of the best FPS games I've played, and again, both are different and interesting compared to pretty much every other FPS out there.

You are late for the party man. There's a game waaaay before these 2 named Bulletstorm which has a much more versatile gameplay and a similar theme of getting points for creative kills.

Speaking of unique FPS, don't forget about this one.

I am going to buy this once it's out.