• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

34 posts in this topic

THE YEAR IS 842, THE BEGINNING OF THE END.

In an act of unprovoked aggression, the Militesi Empire invaded the Dominion of RubrumImperial dreadnoughts swarmed the skies, assailing the unsuspecting countryside under the banner of the White TigerFrom amidst the flames of the besieged dominion, the Vermillion Bird rose in defiance, her crystal granting magic and might eidolons that her disciples might cast out the technologically advanced aggressors. Thrust into the tumult of war, the fate of the world and its four crystals now rests on the shoulders of fourteen brave, young warriors.

What do you guys think, excited for more Final Fantasy games? Happy we are finally get release of Type-0 in western markets? You just want Final Fantasy 15? Love to hear what you guys gotta to say.

Nevermind the mobile gaming shit (though considering how popular the mobile gaming scene is, and the fact that SE is bleeding cash i cant blame em) get FFXV done already!!

They didnt even show anything good at E3 GET YOUR FINGER OUT SE WHILE YOU EVEN STILL HAVE SOME FANS LEFT!!!!

I won't play another Final Fantasy game because 13 was just so badddddddd....

The only way I would come back to this series of games if they finally stop teasing us and just make a remastered with FFXV's engine version of FF7 (I will even take 8)

They didnt even show anything good at E3 GET YOUR FINGER OUT SE WHILE YOU EVEN STILL HAVE SOME FANS LEFT!!!!

Want to just say the fact they even announced they were finishing Final Fantasy 13 Versus, now retitled Final Fantasy XV is in itself exciting from last year. The fact the announce it at E3 is very more shocking. Look back in Square-enix's history they normally don't like announcing their main franchises like Final Fantasy at E3. They wait till Tokyo Game show before showing more as they do all the time. Tokyo Game show is still happening and they will be there, so I don't see why people need them to be there to announce something.

The only way I would come back to this series of games if they finally stop teasing us and just make a remastered with FFXV's engine version of FF7 (I will even take 8)

I know alot of people are hurt by Final Fantasy XIII, I was one of those people. Hell I quit after I got to the point where I was fighting Cid and I had no clue why! I skipped Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns for good reason. I know alot of fans of Final Fantasy are excited for Final Fantasy XV as am I. But To ask a Final Fantasy VII remake right now, I don't think is smart for you to ask. Do you really trust the guys who just got down with the Final Fantasy XIII series to make a beloved title and not fuck it up? I know Final Fantasy XV looks amazing, but so did Final Fantasy XIII in its trailers as well. Sure Final Fantasy VII remake is always being asked, but I think you should wait to see how even Final Fantasy XV is out before really thinking if these guys can do such a feet.

One last thing, back when the PS3 was rumoring and going to be announce Square-Enix announced three Final Fantasy Titles. Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13 Versus, and Final Fantasy Agito. Back than the plan was to have all three games revolve around the same universe and connect somehow. Over time Agito, the name atleast, got scrapped and was turned into Type-0 and released in Japan in 2011. Fans have asked for a port and we are getting it now finally. To say they need to stop making more Final Fantasy's and finish one yes I agree, but don't think this game was out of the blue. It is just as old as 13 Versus's was.

You bring up a good point, FFVII remake from the XIII team *shutters*.  I think if they handled it like several other recent titles (Ducktales comes to mind) and just remake the exact same game just add next gen polish to it.  That would be perfection.  Final Fantasy XV does look awesome, however so did XIII until we were 20 hours in wondering when the hallways would end and the open world would begin.

You bring up a good point, FFVII remake from the XIII team *shutters*.  I think if they handled it like several other recent titles (Ducktales comes to mind) and just remake the exact same game just add next gen polish to it.  That would be perfection.  Final Fantasy XV does look awesome, however so did XIII until we were 20 hours in wondering when the hallways would end and the open world would begin.

The only reason I have more blind faith in Final Fantasy XV is cause its not being developed by the Final Fantasy XIII team. Its being developed by the guys who made Kingdom Hearts series. It always was suppose to be develop by them. Thats why the combat looks like a copy of Kingdom Hearts, which to be fair I am more excited for a Final Fantasy game take from the guy who made Kingdom Hearts.

P.S. Just imagine the pre-order for a Final Fantasy VII remake, "Pre-order now and get Cloud with Lightning hair and clothing!"

Ok Wow, I just watched the battle system video IGN had on youtube.  Ummm you can tell that game is being made by the Kingdom Hearts team...but that might not be a good thing.  I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, can't wait for the 3rd one to come out, and I love it's battle system.  That being said, that system suits Kingdom Hearts it looks goofy as shit for Final Fantasy XV.  

Kingdom Hearts is a more goofy, yet fun, Final Fantasy game with Disney characters so its battle system fits it well.  Final Fantasy XV is a much more serious type of game (hence why their is no Goofy in it), and therefore gliding around and flipping around looks down right silly in context.  After watching that video I will not be playing FFXV until maybe they show a more developed battle system instead of spamming buttons and floating around your enemies.

Personally, I don't see the need to remake FF7.  I think it's fair to say the vast majority of us played it already or are at least familiar with the story.  It's already available on multiple platforms for next to nothing and there's a movie sequel so there's no mystery about what characters would look like in a remake.  It just seems redundant to me.

If they bother to spend the millions of dollers and thousands of manhours to do a full AAA remake of anything, I think it would actually be much more productive to do 2, 3 or 5 which never got an initial release in the west.

Personally, I don't see the need to remake FF7.  I think it's fair to say the vast majority of us played it already or are at least familiar with the story.  It's already available on multiple platforms for next to nothing and there's a movie sequel so there's no mystery about what characters would look like in a remake.  It just seems redundant to me.

If they bother to spend the millions of dollers and thousands of manhours to do a full AAA remake of anything, I think it would actually be much more productive to do 2, 3 or 5 which never got an initial release in the west.

Its not that we haven't seen enough of the story about Final Fantasy VII its just that it was such a fun game hampered by the limitations of the hardware available to it at the time that a nice well polished (but exactly the same) re-release of the game even if its just a well priced PSN digital game would be awesome.

Back on topic:

Some interesting news has developed around TGS 2014 and Square-enix for their title Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. Not only do we have a release date of March 17th 2015. We also have news of the Pre-Order bonus being a Final Fantasy XV Demo.

435c8725377e66787a919100e0efafb3.jpg

*As of right now Final Fantasy Type-0 HD's site itself has updated with more information of the game and its world. I will be updating this thread soon with this new information.*

Is there a word on whether or not the Demo will be digital or physical?  If it's physical then I'm gonna definitely pre-order that.

Is there a word on whether or not the Demo will be digital or physical?  If it's physical then I'm gonna definitely pre-order that.

No word on whether if it's digital or physical yet. Safe bet it being digital, we'll have to see.

The changes sounds substantial although the camera isn't fixed as well as I might like (and hopefully party members which aren't used are given exp). I have clocked around 40 hours on a psp copy and I can say that it's an average game. It's basically Crisis core on steroids, if you like that game then you'll probably like this one too. People should keep in mind that this is made for PSP so the gameplay is divided to repetitive missions segments. It's better than XIII though so there's that, i'll be buying this one just for the FFXV demo. I'm a sucker I know :P 

The changes sounds substantial although the camera isn't fixed as well as I might like (and hopefully party members which aren't used are given exp). I have clocked around 40 hours on a psp copy and I can say that it's an average game. It's basically Crisis core on steroids, if you like that game then you'll probably like this one too. People should keep in mind that this is made for PSP so the gameplay is divided to repetitive missions segments. It's better than XIII though so there's that, i'll be buying this one just for the FFXV demo. I'm a sucker I know :P

Still better than what MGS....At least they arent charging us the full price of a game just for the demo......

I am in the smae boat as you.  Pre-ordered mainly for the demo but I did love me some crisis core.  I really don't know why, I just had fun with it.

Still better than what MGS....At least they arent charging us the full price of a game just for the demo......

I am in the smae boat as you.  Pre-ordered mainly for the demo but I did love me some crisis core.  I really don't know why, I just had fun with it.

True that was some big time ripoff but hey at least PP is shaping up to be really great. I like CC too but I feel that a lot of FF fans didn't really like it.

True that was some big time ripoff but hey at least PP is shaping up to be really great. I like CC too but I feel that a lot of FF fans didn't really like it.

I know that feeling.  Most of my friends didn't like it at all.  Personally I really enjoyed the story (great to see more into the events that lead to FFVII)...but as for gameplay the battle system was deffinitly "different" and took some getting use to so I don't blame people for not liking it and lets face it Square-Enix really hasent put much into the FF series as of late.  They could have done so much more with the Lightning Trilogy but really missed out.  I guess I just have high hopes for XV

I know that feeling.  Most of my friends didn't like it at all.  Personally I really enjoyed the story (great to see more into the events that lead to FFVII)...but as for gameplay the battle system was deffinitly "different" and took some getting use to so I don't blame people for not liking it and lets face it Square-Enix really hasent put much into the FF series as of late.  They could have done so much more with the Lightning Trilogy but really missed out.  I guess I just have high hopes for XV

FFXIV:ARR begs to differ, it's probably the best FF game since IX imo :) But yeah FF's name is tarnished to this point hopefully they could restore it's image with this entry.

More info from gaf:

Tabata on taking over Nomura as director:

- He joined the project in July 2012, Wada personally asked him and the Type-0 team to help out on the Versus XIII project. They also decided at that point to change platforms and rename the game to FFXV, changing the direction of the project.

- About half a year after he joined the project, the tech demo they were working on for FFXV got the greenlight (sounds like a vertical slice), and the project moved full steam ahead. 

- He didn't take over the project as director suddenly, since he has been working on this project for a while now. He has had many discussion with Nomura and the development team about the characters and world setting, the meaning of a numbered FF, the best way to make a good game with satisfying content, etc.

- He feels that there is no downside at all to the change in director for the development of the game. He understands fans who have been waiting for a long time might be uneasy, so they had a playable stage demo at TGS along with the trailer, and furthermore if people are still doubtful, there's a playable demo coming next year.

- Tabata's personal vision for the game is the design incorporating the themes of "friendship" and "the journey" into every aspect of it. The story scenes and the battles will all show Noctis and his friendship with the party.

Tabata on the battle system:

- The battle system will feature very flashy moves and abilities, and feel like an action packed flow of moves. There will be warping and magic attacks, and there will be combination attacks with party members which are generated automatically based on context.

- He also mentions that because this is a RPG, you can also play more strategically, and that during combat you can pause the game into a menu and adjust party behavior, change weapons, etc.

- The weapon system in the game is treated like a deck. You set weapons on the deck in the menu, and during combat the most appropriate weapon in the deck will be used based on the situation.

- The evasion in the game is executed by "defensive movement" which is a stance the player goes into when holding down the defense button. This allows the player to move around defensively avoiding attacks.

Tabata on the Day/Night cycle:

- There is a day/night cycle in the game, and at night more aggressive monsters will show up. In day time the monsters will be passive and won't attack the player automatically.

- They might change it in future, but currently one day in the game time is about 30 minutes of play. You can fight the Adamantoise seen in the trailer, but it might take 30 in-game days to beat it.

Tabata on Share and Remote Play:

- The demo will support Share features, but they're not sure if Remote Play will be in. For the actual game both features will be supported.

FFXIV:ARR begs to differ, it's probably the best FF game since IX imo :) But yeah FF's name is tarnished to this point hopefully they could restore it's image with this entry.

FFXIV's legit good?  FFXI scared me off from checking it out.  All they have to do is keep Lightning far away from me, because if she appears in XV then I'm washing my hands of the franchise.

FFXIV's legit good?  FFXI scared me off from checking it out.  All they have to do is keep Lightning far away from me, because if she appears in XV then I'm washing my hands of the franchise.

It is :) It's a great MMO as well as a great FF game the problem is the subscription.

Tabata on the Day/Night cycle:

- There is a day/night cycle in the game, and at night more aggressive monsters will show up. In day time the monsters will be passive and won't attack the player automatically.

- They might change it in future, but currently one day in the game time is about 30 minutes of play. You can fight the Adamantoise seen in the trailer, but it might take 30 in-game days to beat it.

Now that is a Final Fantasy boss battle. 15 hour boss battle. Love it so much. I see Final Fantasy XV is taking this thread by storm, might have to make a new thread just for Final Fantasy XV alone.

Now that is a Final Fantasy boss battle. 15 hour boss battle. Love it so much. I see Final Fantasy XV is taking this thread by storm, might have to make a new thread just for Final Fantasy XV alone.

Probably a lot of people are buying this game for FF XV alone. I remember buying DQ 8 for a FFXII demo and it was the best decision I ever did since DQ 8 is better than FFXII in the end :P

Probably a lot of people are buying this game for FF XV alone. I remember buying DQ 8 for a FFXII demo and it was the best decision I ever did since DQ 8 is better than FFXII in the end :P

AGREED!

On the PlayStation blog they had a article announcing Square-Enix's collectors edition of Final Fantasy Type-0. While it is a nice looking set, I don't know if I'll be a fan of this game so I'll stick with the regular edition for now. Tabata-san did say there will be one more announcement January 23rd 10:00 AM Pacific.

PlayStation Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/11/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-collectors-edition-revealed/

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy games. Even though XIII was a let down in gameplay I still really enjoyed the story. But I'm on the fence over whether or not to pre-order this given my new stance on pre-ordering games I'm unfamiliar with.

As it is a remastering of an existing game how do you all feel Final Fantasy Type-0 holds up against other Final Fantasy titles?