• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

(AJSA)JD

I just hate PC Gamer's and the Master Race.

166 posts in this topic

Both sides have their benefits and issues I think (Granted my view is a bit offside since I only recently tried to play more PC and generally failed.)

Also, all that follow are my personal opinions and such. Hope this doesn't add fire to either side.

So I tried to switch to PC when I wanted to pick up Guild Wars 2 (And I had Civilization 5 for like, 2 years and couldn't play it). It took me about 5 months (?) to actually have all the parts and get them running. The learning curve was insane, I don't relish the idea of trying again. Though I probably will have to, at least now I know exactly who I'm going to talk to in person when the time comes. Now granted, I do enjoy the games I play on PC since the old Age of Empires. Sadly, I can't play them on this thing (don't ask) so I don't play too much on it. I wanted to have some of the fun I heard about with game mods and the like, but I can't find those things so that idea crashed (Much like my PC would if I did find them I imagine.) And then I started hearing all the "PC MASTER RACE" crap and now I don't want to play PC as much. If the main thing I hear about PC gaming is just trashing on everything else, why would I want to? Luckily, I don't care much. Still hurts a little since most of my fond gaming memories are on console and it gets called garbage, but hey.

Consoles on the other hand, I got to just put the disc in and play. Not much hassle (Though the whole "Next Gen" nonsense seems to be taking that away.) I got lucky and my stuff didn't break more than... 5 times? 3 were sega consoles, and the other two were 360 red rings (one had the warranty, so no worries). I don't know, always had more fun on the console games, and I can always go back and play older games. Can't do that for some of my old PC games because the software is too advanced or some nonsense or the screen looks weird or something happens.

I lost track of myself. And against my better judgement to just delete everything, here you go. PC is confusing, consoles seem simpler, I try to play what I like on either side. 

Also, the video seemed stupid about 2 minutes in so I stopped watching. I hate trolls.

Verethragna likes this

I play on a toaster. Unlike console and PC gamers, I don't have to stand up to get my food because I just insert bread and burn it.

TOASTER MASTER RACE!

Heathen! 

True gamers only ever game on cappuccino makers so they don't have to get up for their caffeine fix.

CAPPUCCINO MAKER MASTER RACE! 

Glaice and Recoveryanonymous like this

did anybody watch the fucking video.

did anybody watch the fucking video.

Yup, probably most of us. It's actually even been posted before. No need for the tone buddy.

This is just plain simple of how Imature people can get when it comes to console wars and alot of  hate about PC gaming masterace, they just doing that and putting out videos to poisoning the community and trolling whit people or they just can't get there heads out of there arses out and admit PC gaming is better than console gaming.

And no i don't want to watch anouther PC vs Console wars anymore its too childish ffs, neither outher people don't want to watch it because they know better.

This is just plain simple of how Imature people can get when it comes to console wars and alot of  hate about PC gaming masterace, they just doing that and putting out videos to poisoning the community and trolling whit people or they just can't get there heads out of there arses out and admit PC gaming is better than console gaming.

And no i don't want to watch anouther PC vs Console wars anymore its too childish ffs

thanks finally somebody got the point of this thread

thanks finally somebody got the point of this thread

I'll be honest, If what BritishTemplar said was the "point", I haven't got a clue what the point was. Please enlighten me?

they just can't get there heads out of there arses out and admit PC gaming is better than console gaming.

Yes it is. Believe me console gamers do get it - but Console gaming is-

easier: i buy game I put game in console I play game

cheaper: £350 for PS4 equivalent PC £1000 at least or build it yourself for £700.

generally more convenient I can pick up my Console put it in a bag and take it to work to play with me at the weekend cannot do that with my massive Desktop.

People who game only on consoles have made these choices - it's like buying a car - do you want something economical that's going to get you from A-B or the big tricked out turbo charged version with leather seats and neon lights?

Here's the thing NEITHER ANSWER IS WRONG.

People just make the choices that make the most sense to them. PC gamers just seem to be annoyed at console gamers for..... reasons? Seriously this is a one way tide of abuse - no-ones on the other side saying 'Those PC gamers are dumb an their choices are incorrect'. Stop being so insecure and just let other people game the way they want.

Verethragna likes this

I'll be honest, If what BritishTemplar said was the "point", I haven't got a clue what the point was. Please enlighten me?

he got the immature and childish part .

he got the immature and childish part .

Yeah but everyone In this thread has gotten the point, at least from my perspective.

The video itself Is pretty stupid in that It's supposed to be funny, but fails at it. And the fact It's also 100% sarcastic is just annoying. Everyone in this thread has totally gotten that, and everyone has a pretty good grasp on the whole "Console War" and "PC Elitist" concepts.

To me it looks this is just one long thread of people making jokes, and generally agreeing with each other. There's really not that much more to discuss here.

Apex Spartan likes this

Okay, let me make it more clear: 

You are not better because you own a PC, but a good PC is better than any console. There is no PC gaming masterrace, but there is a "PC masterrace". 

easier: i buy game I put game in console I play game

cheaper: £350 for PS4 equivalent PC £1000 at least or build it yourself for £700.

debatable: i turn my pc on, press x box button on wireless controller, open steam, press windows key + P to change display and audio to the TV, go to couch sit down, press xbox button again to change steam to big screen, select a game and play. maybe on a console you have to press fewer things to get a game running but it's not like it's any harder or easier on the PC.

debatable: upfront cost certainly is cheaper, and a decent price for the hardware you get given. however, there is no savings made among games or peripherals. controllers cost between £30 for unofficials to £50 for officials. all new games will cost between £40-50 and most of the time on the newest consoles, even higher than £50. now before i say this next sentence... yes, i know that a steam summer sale is only on for a selection of days in summer - < however, there's plenty of general sales all year long and there's always a seasonal sale, making at least 3 or 4 a year.

i managed to get all the games i have been interested in on either console or PC for the past 2 years all in the space, recently, of a few days for £41. 16 games. i have checked, and the prices i paid for most of them, around £2-4 each, is impossible to get second hand on consoles from a local game store. they're all around £10 or £15, or £20 for 5 older titles but you still have to spend £20 up front and £40 would get you 10 games. not 16. and most of these games are a lot older than a couple of years. the games i got were mainly big triple a titles from no earlier than 2012. 

so yes, console gaming is a cheaper upfront cost, and the hardware you get for that price is impressive. but they don't treat you in the same way on all their other products, and that's where they effectively get more money out of you where at the same time games are not performing as good as their PC versions.

NOW... previously i was involved in discsussions and arguments with this here on how the console is more optimised for gaming and has more threads per cpu core and memory management and bla bla bla.... and ive done research a lot and these sort of statements are indeed correct, but it still remains that the vast majority of at least multi platform games that are eligible for comparison to a PC version, are often performing and looking better on the PC. however, the difference / margin of that is purely most of the time down to just FPS and resolution and a few smoother prettier looking physics. pretty much the new consoles and the latest mid range to just touching high end PC gaming hardware... the performance and quality you get is almost exactly the same.

end of the day, i think it's fair to say all gamers just need to take their pick and be happy about their pick, or picks, and just play video games and live happily ever after, instead of join what i am now calling with myself the never ending "internet hate train" of endless hate and ill informed opinions about console vs PC.

TLDR: console is really really good. PC is really really really good. gaming is  really really really really good. mmmkay.

and on a final note... NOW... im going to watch the video. i can also confirm that the majorty of PC gamers who say master race are in fact just joking. the origins of that phrase was in fact just a joke to begin with. people who use it as a way of bashing are wrong. people who take offense from it are also wrong. that is all.

Verethragna likes this

Let's get down to brass tacks, regardless of the obvious sarcasm the guy in the video is not lying, the PC is a superior platform across the board, it's just a fact. However that doesn't mean consoles do not serve a purpose independent of the PC, I own several and enjoy them as well.

Knowing something is superior and boasting that it is superior are two very different things. I know the PC is a superior platform however I don't go out of my way to tell console gamers it is, I don't need to, it's common knowledge and obtuse to do so.

Okay, let me make it more clear: 

You are not better because you own a PC, but a good PC is better than any console. There is no PC gaming masterrace, but there is a "PC masterrace". 

There is no master race. Period.

To Winnum's post, it's abuse plain and simple.

Master Bullies more like.

Any true gamer should shudder at the mere thought of what might be; that these short-sighted bullies might actually push a "console peasant" to suicide.

The media has enough of a hate-boner for gamers as is. Do we really need to make them harder by proving them right?

Every platform has its good and bad and all of this is completely subjective.

Stupid debate topic.

Verethragna likes this

I think the underlying issue here is that people like to think of the Console Vs. PC as a Black and White argument. The common arguments are stuff like "You have the best graphics, performance, mods etc." But those aren't a given. There a many, many levels of PC gaming, and not everyone has the best high end rig money can buy. Performance and mods also aren't guaranteed to just be flawless from the get go, regardless of what you run on your PC.

Whereas on consoles, sure you might not get the best of everything, but what you do get Is a consistent and solid performance.

To use  a popular metaphor, think of gaming as cars. Console gaming is a Volkswagen. It's simple, robust and dependable. But It ain't the fastest or prettiest car out there.

And PC gaming is a Ferrari. It's high performance, pretty and hot. But It's also prone to catching fire. Literally.

Ferrari-458-Italia-On-Fire-Video-b.jpg

ISNeko likes this

Every platform has its good and bad and all of this is completely subjective.

Stupid debate topic.

That's a scapegoat to elude facts, yes they both have "good and bad" but it's like a 90/10 stack against a console from the PC end. That's not subjective, that's just a fact of reality, you can't just call things subjective when they're not.

The only advantages of a console is in some cases better optimized games and far less prevalent cheating in online games, that's really all there is. Even with them getting some better optimized games at launch the PC still catches up whether the developer fixes it or the community.

The only advantages of a console is in some cases better optimized games and far less prevalent cheating in online games, that's really all there is. Even with them getting some better optimized games at launch the PC still catches up whether the developer fixes it or the community.

You forgot that consoles also don't require that games be played in shitty clients like UPlay and Origin.

You forgot that consoles also don't require that games be played in shitty clients like UPlay and Origin.

I guess you could consider things like that a pitfall but it depends on who you're talking to. I've never had a problem with Uplay or Origin, not a single one. But I also keep my PC in tip top shape, make sure my file systems are clean, keep my drivers up to date, defrag regularly and maintain a constant and extremely good internet connection.

From personal observation the bulk of issues I have seen come out of those clients have been user related. Either way that is a very, very, very small and negligible complaint.

From personal observation the bulk of issues I have seen come out of those client have been user related.

I bet you could even find statistics to back that up, but I think It actually counts a legitimate downside to PC gaming; You will need some skills and knowledge to maintain everything, or fix the rig If shit starts breaking.

Now I know you won't think of that as an issue DC, but that's because you know your shit. Not everyone does, and not everyone actually even wants to learn how to maintain a PC. I'm one of them, I genuinely have zero interest in learning all the little things that could make a PC purr like a well oiled kitten.

I don't have a kitten, but I assume they need oil.

I bet you could even find statistics to back that up, but I think It actually counts a legitimate downside to PC gaming; You will need some skills and knowledge to maintain everything, or fix the rig If shit starts breaking.

Now I know you won't think of that as an issue DC, but that's because you know your shit. Not everyone does, and not everyone actually even wants to learn how to maintain a PC. I'm one of them, I genuinely have zero interest in learning all the little things that could make a PC purr like a well oiled kitten.

I wouldn't consider a learning curve a pitfall, not for anything. It's just like an online game, if you're going to play it properly and you want to be good you have to put in the time, effort and soak up what you learn to be efficient at it. This applies to almost everything in life, practice makes perfect and experience cannot be bought, you have to put in the leg work with things.

That's a scapegoat to elude facts, yes they both have "good and bad" but it's like a 90/10 stack against a console from the PC end. That's not subjective, that's just a fact of reality, you can't just call things subjective when they're not.

Everything anyone has the choice and preference to chose and enjoy with the money they earn from hard work is subjective.

If someone enjoys consoles more than PC, it may stem form the fact that it's bawls simple to operate, they enjoy the UI, they enjoy the integrated systems, they have a history with the brand or the platform that makes them enjoy it, blah blah blah. They may even have a stigma about PCs for any reason. Some people can't make PCs, in which they would end up spending lots of money for a company produced one. Maybe they've had bad experiences like my friend where games just inexplicably don't work for gods know why like Modern Warfare not wanting to start up unless there a jack in the microphone input that was incredibly difficult to solve on his own terms at the time.

Stating that you cannot be subjective with this issue is nonesense.

I'm a PC gamer through and through. I enjoy Counter-Strike and think all other shooters are MEH. I enjoy my Steam sales, I like keyboard and mouse and think controllers are hellish imprecise expensive pieces of plastic not worth my time.

But I love the Ouya in our livingroom. It's dead simple and my and my kids play four players games on it all the time using one tv and using controllers that weren't even made for the system because its an open platform based on android.

I have a friend who has a decent gaming rig and for some inexplicable reason, beyond all reason and basic thought, he always screws something up. I'm amazed he got a 7.1 theater hooked up by himself to play his PS4 on his 60'' tv.

*Calls PETA*

Yeah, I know next to nothing about maintaining a PC as well.

I don't even know anyone who does. So I'm double-screwed on that account.

But a console? That's just like hooking up a VCR. And I know my VCRs. *Olllllllllllllllllllllllllld*

ISNeko and Berserker like this

There is no master race. Period.

To Winnum's post, it's abuse plain and simple.

Master Bullies more like.

Any true gamer should shudder at the mere thought of what might be; that these short-sighted bullies might actually push a "console peasant" to suicide.

The media has enough of a hate-boner for gamers as is. Do we really need to make them harder by proving them right?

The silly extremism of that statement makes me wonder if it was sarcasm. Anyway, whatever you want to call it, pc's are better. Sure, the gamers are not, so yeah, there is no pc gaming masterrace, but that does not change the fact that the hardware itself is superior, now please quite acting so offended.