• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Cuttopieces

Any rumors about Destiny coming to PC?

29 posts in this topic

I want Destiny to get announced on PC am dying in agony to find out!!!, this is a game that should be launched on PC... Activision put too much money on Bungies table they must had to work on a PC port after that 500 mil Dollars... am hearing rumors that Destiny will launch at September 9th but that may be false BUT take a look at this 

Apparenlty Nvidia has a Bungie logo on there press conference theres still hope for a PC launch.

They already know Pc is the center of MMO's. So....I'd say they might port it later down the line. 

it probably will come but a year later. most likely sony and microsoft paid to have it exclusive to their consoles for at least a year. the same was done with GTA5. i have no doubt rockstar was paid to keep their mouth shut and only on consoles for 1 year. same with destiny. 1 year later after release and i bet it will be on steam and will be the best version and it will be half the price.

Sorry I tend not believe in conspiracy type things unless there's some hard proof.

GTA games have always had a rough time on PC ports - it's actually more likely that they took the time they needed to get the console version right and take the temperature of the PC community before release. GTA 4 was a disaster when it first launched on PC I think holding it back was a way to garner more attention for it's release.

As for destiny I think that this is a result of Bungie having a much wider fan base amongst console gamers than on PC. 

PC gamers were amongst the first to decry Halo as a games series why concentrate on a PC port when you have a ready made sales base in console gamers? And again it could be down to the fact that a PC port could be more difficult and more time consuming than a console release.

It could possibly be the whole Sony and MS paid them - but really that's extremely unlikely as it would imply that MS and Sony worked together to F over PC, when Sony and MS do not care about PC in that way- of a game sells well on PC. Especially since most games require windows anyway.

It could possibly be the whole Sony and MS paid them - but really that's extremely unlikely as it would imply that MS and Sony worked together to F over PC, when Sony and MS do not care about PC in that way- of a game sells well on PC. Especially since most games require windows anyway.

i honestly believe that's the case. look at how the hardware is highly comparable between the xbox one and the PS4. that isn't coincidence. i am pretty sure that some top business executives from both companies sat down at a table and laid out all their cards and discussed and came to a contracted agreement on what hardwares they were going to pick for their consoles in order to be competitive with one another.

there's even laws in place to ensure that no one company can consume an entire monopoly of the business they are making money on. the whole way capitalism works is with many choices and many competing companies all striving to get a fair share of your money. some people like black and green (xbox) and some people like black and blue (playstation).

look at how the hardware is highly comparable

Actually that is more of a result of the PS3 frankly being a big piece of shit for third parties to develop for. PS3 was awful for 3rd partt titles because of it's cell processor and they lost a lot of revenue from gamers (like me) who would always buy the third party stuff on Xbox 360. I had Fallout 3 and GTA 4 and they were frankly awful compared to the 360 versions. Essentially what happened is Sony guessed what Ms would do for the next gen copied it and then beefed up the RAM.

If anything it was that Sony had to sit down with Developers and say what sucked about the PS3?

There's not some wierd console illiminati out there with a remit to defeat their one true enemy: PC.

PC doesn't even go to school with those kids no more and Nintendo got held back several years and is now in its own little classroom.

If you really are looking at someone to blame sadly it's Bungie themselves- somewhere along the way they made the decision to concentrate on console release for Destiny because that's where the money was. The evidence for this? They're releasing it on previous gens systems. Why the hell would you concentrate on PS3 and Xbox 36 unless your goal was to make money?

Remember there is NOTHING coming out on PS3 or Xbox 360 this Autumn of note apart from Destiny.  Seriously there's sweet FA Bungie have the only game in town.

Also this is Bungies first major solo release in some time- you going to invest time and effort into a PC port when the last time you did that (Halo on PC) nobody bought it and they just laughed at you- or are you going to take those resources and plug it into a captive audience of barkigmad fans who will already have their pre-order in place.

They've also created a THIRD bonus for themselves in that now PC gamers can't get Destiny they are frothing at the mouth for it! And when they do need that extra cash injection for their next project BABAM! Destiny on PC bitches! Get your preorder for your gold plated cock shaped rifle !

Remember there is NOTHING coming out on PS3 or Xbox 360 this Autumn of note apart from Destiny.  Seriously there's sweet FA Bungie have the only game in town.

this autumn, but overall there's plenty of games still coming to last gen because that is essentially where the money is actually at if you look at consoles only. there's a hell of a lot more people buying games and playing games on the last gen consoles than the new ones.

the only bad PS3 game i played was skyrim. on the 360 is was only slightly better, it was still awful compared to PC. the same goes for fallout 3 yes, but this is because bethesda simply do not know how to make a decent console game. they can do good PC games however. GTA4... well, it looks and plays great now. at least that did come to the PC.

honestly i don't see what on earth the problem was with the PS3. it's still to this day dishing out high quality experiences. some might say it was too hard for devs to master but i say a lot of devs are lazy who don't want to lift a finger for anything except x86 and direct x.

although i agree there are some bad looking and performing PS3 games, sorry, but it's the devs fault. there's plenty of great looking and performing PS3 games as well, so if 1 set of devs can do it, all should be able to do it. there's no excuse. you should not expect to know it all as a dev forever right out of getting qualified. every day and every system is a learning curve.

i don't see rockstar complaining. they released their games on both last gen systems and GTA5 looks no better or worse on the 360 that it does on the PS3. both perform and look exactly the same and both utilise the full power of each console. they are highly polished and perfected games. there's nothing wrong in my mind with the PS3. devs are lazy, that is all.

I'm sure there will be a PC port at some point, probably Q3 or Q4 2015.

Devs are lazy pieces of shit? Quite possibly the career with the most amount of unpaid overtime there is?

No offense but thats one of the dumbest, least-objective things ive ever read.

Berserker likes this

Devs are lazy pieces of shit? Quite possibly the career with the most amount of unpaid overtime there is?

No offense but thats one of the dumbest, least-objective things ive ever read.

i agree. i changed it to just lazy. that's more accurate. thanks for pointing it out. i always prefer to be as objective as i can be. if this still upsets you, i am sorry - but it is a fact that a lot of devs and / or publishers nowadays are very lazy when it comes to creating things for multiple platforms, especially when they insist on creating a game for a platform badly purely because they don't see reason for putting in the effort because they don;t think they will make any money (on the PC).

it would be better if they didn't bother releasing games like this on PC at all, i think.

it would be better if they didn't bother releasing games like this on PC at all, i think.

Yeah but then we'd just get more threads like this one   ;)

I have always said that Ps3 games designed for Ps3 by Sony studios (God of War, Uncharted Infamous etc) always looked Much better than Xbox 360 titles. Third pary games were often plagued with bugs and issues. You are right in that by the end of the generation they had pretty much gained their ground back but the damage was done by then.

i agree. i changed it to just lazy. that's more accurate. thanks for pointing it out. i always prefer to be as objective as i can be. if this still upsets you, i am sorry - but it is a fact that a lot of devs and / or publishers nowadays are very lazy when it comes to creating things for multiple platforms, especially when they insist on creating a game for a platform badly purely because they don't see reason for putting in the effort because they don;t think they will make any money (on the PC).

I think you're confusing "lazy" as meaning they deliberately half ass their jobs. Not true.

Like Ghaleon said, developers are very overworked, and under a lot of pressure, probably from their publishers, to get their products out the door. It's through that complication that games are released as buggy or broken.

Not because they just don't work enough on it, but because they're told to only work so much on it, then get it the hell out the door and move on to something else. Most of which Is done on unpaid overtime.

Im sure some are lazy, maybe even the ones we're talking about, but to generalize an occupation still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Kinda like sexism and racism. Why should... Occupationalism be ok? Note that politicians are fair game only because they spend scads of money bashing each other already, so they kinda encourage other people to do it.

Anyway im hoping for the ps4 to turn out good in the end because of their whole easy to learn archetecture. Do note that ive dabbled learning on how to make software for the ps2, and that was already effing hard compared to directx (which in of itself is 100x harder than jut using c++ on a console program). I cant imagine how hard the ps3 must have been.

People act like that doom programmer, i forgot his name is some kinda programming god because he used assembly or something. But console coding requres quite a bit of assembly by default, its not easy. Theres a reason why programmers get. Paid a lot of money, because its hard, and its alot less fun than people think since game logic is not the majority of the work (especially if you have an actually useful designer helping out with scripting).

Anyway, i think its near impossible to tell who is at fault for the problems of any given game. Look at ET fo atari. At first everyone blamed the programmer for making such an awful program. But then people discovered the dide was told to make stuff by himself in one week or something. Its really wuite easy for one person or department in a game to make the whole thing crud. A designer might tell people to make something stupid cuz they dunno wtf they're doing. A lead might be poorly organizing workers so they do not communicate between themselves well and make conflicting contributions. A publisher might be forcing people to make certain things during bad allocations of time. Any of these things would make the whole game crap, and people would be quick to bash the entire team.

In any case, i said it before, but i agree that not developing destiny for the pc, and porting it on virtually everything else is all kinds of stupid. Especially for an mmo. It really isnt hard to make a lot of money on a high budget AAA mmo on pc if your game is good enough to make money on consoles. Provided the whole game itself isnt meh or worse, just slap a few cosmetic cash shop items and you got crasy nuts spending tens of thousands of dollars. It blows my mind how many people in mmos spends that much money. Good mmos on pc still make good money, its not as tough because of piracy as other pc games.

I doubt it, but I have no idea why it isn't. I mean Activision poured $500 million+ into Destiny. So it should honestly be on every platform it can. PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC, X360, Xbox One, GAMECUBE. So yeah it's weird honestly.

"commenting on interest" isn't anything new for over a year now.

While I think it very unlikely that Destiny will not reach PCs EVENTUALLY, devs and/or producers  stating "interest" in a major platform is about as big a deal as your local dog stating they like food.

your local dog

Completely of topic but..... "Just nipping off down to see the local dog- you want anything?"

Didn't they say in the interview that they were focusing on launching it on consoles for now but are probably going to port it sometime after?

Didn't they say in the interview that they were focusing on launching it on consoles for now but are probably going to port it sometime after?

That's exactly what they've said for over a year now though. I mean I'm pretty sure everyone who cares has already known that Destiny will most likely get a pc port eventually. But the fact that they're developing the game for 4 different platforms simultaneously, 3 of which they have absolutely no experience working with, before the PC, is just a head-turner.

I mean developing it for xbox360 is understandable since Bungie has experience with that.. XboxOne is also understandable because they want their spiffy new big project to start off next gen... PS4..uhh.. I guess they wanna expand to become multi platform? Ok sure... Ps3? no wait.. wtf? I see no reason to develop for ps3 (and I would say the same thing for xbox360 if the halo series was on the ps3 instead of the xbox, note I PREFER the playstation brand more than the Xbox).

Doing all this and not PC as well? Madness.

It's especially funny because if you were to go behind the stage and look at the rigs running the tech demos during E3, they were probably PCs.

I just hope that if and when (and dear god do I hope the answer is when, provided that the game isn't a bust, not that I think it will be) it comes out on PC, that PC players aren't going to be shafted somehow for joining late. Like in other MMOs they often have limited-time offers or rewards for events that are impossible to obtain should you join the game late, which PC gamers will have no choice but to do.

Obviously if the multiplayer aspect for PC users only can play with other PC users this wont be an issue, but I thought I heard something about Bungie intending all the different platforms to be able to see and play with each other, so...

I just hope that if and when (and dear god do I hope the answer is when, provided that the game isn't a bust, not that I think it will be) it comes out on PC, that PC players aren't going to be shafted somehow for joining late. Like in other MMOs they often have limited-time offers or rewards for events that are impossible to obtain should you join the game late, which PC gamer will have no choice but to do.

Nah I don't think that would be the case- if anything you'll likely start the game with more content and a better overall expereince - say the PC version comes out in 12 months time from the console release then that's 12 months console games have basically been testing the game for you and I'd bet my life if the PC version will come bundled with any DLC that hits between now and then.

hoping for a pc release is just foolish,atleast for  the next year. Bungie almost never does it and theyve only been working on the consoles their whole life.

what makes you think  a pc release would come?  i mean sure they might milk in a year or so  later and put a shity port on pc, but don't you people see the game is just like borderlands?(but more  serious without the toilet humor)  boring to play alone and too many guns that do the same thing with super bullet spongy enemies

what do you think about this topic? lemme know

I'm just going to assume you meant what you said cuz if not that's basically intentional derailing which isn't a good idea.

Note I was never hopeful that they were going to release it on pc soon, I merely said it is dumb that they didn't decide to develop for the PC as well as the other platforms... The rest of your post is just plain incorrect and ignorant on so many levels. Bungie STARTED making games EXCLUSIVELY to the Mac/PC. They only started making console games first/only with Halo, one series, that's it. Borderlands itself is a good game, and quite unique. so I personally would rather have another shooter like borderlands than another shooter like call of duty or gears of war or whatever. That said It's way too early to decide it's "just like borderlands"... What makes it just like borderlands? The fact it's a first person shooter where the player has stats and a class? That's it? With that kind of generalization there are basically only like 6 games in the world and you should be indifferent towards EVERY game coming out in this day and age.

It's not coming to PC, when first asked they said no one wanted to FPS on PC's anymore ever since Halo and mocked PC players, their response went more defensive and PR-like since then and they're now giving the "focus" excuse, even if it came out I wouldn't play it. It's another case of "PCs are for spreadsheets" really and those people are somehow living in the "PC gaming is dead." era, good riddance?

Bungie was indeed a MAC developer, then they went PC then they went Xbox. They once actually did Myth 1 and 2 which were decent games then ignored the Myth fanbase for ever and made a thousand Halos.

Faizyr likes this

What makes it just like borderlands? The fact it's a first person shooter where the player has stats and a class? 

like i said . it will be only fun for co-op(at some levels) while single player will be boring and bland , youll be picking up thousands of guns that barely have a difference and  having  super bullet spongie enemies. 

thats borderlands in a nutshell, and so will destiny be.

like i said . it will be only fun for co-op(at some levels) while single player will be boring and bland , youll be picking up thousands of guns that barely have a difference and  having  super bullet spongie enemies. 

thats borderlands in a nutshell, and so will destiny be.

You can't judge a game that isn't out yet and in Alpha it wont be similar to borderlands but it will have the same element whit the random generated guns but it wont be as same because they will have there own unique names and its benefits and able to upgrade them and add attachments, but in borderlands guns are generarted based on the manufacturer (DAHL,Maliwan,Jacobs,hyperrion and bandit) they use the same gun model types but whit diffirent gun attachments,Gun barrels,Stock handle , gun sights and Paint job coulor and its not near similar as Destiny.