• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Honsou_The_Warsmith

So apparently Netflix has created their own Anime...

12 posts in this topic

I got an email yesterday (just read it today because of all the 4th festivities I was partaking in) that proclaimed an addition to Netflix's library of anime it has with the added kicker that it is Netflix original content. The title is Knights of Sidonia and it's synopsis is thus.

This original anime series is set a thousand years in the future, when the last vestiges of humanity have been nearly eliminated by a vicious alien threat, until a humble youth named Nagate rises to become one of humanity's elite defenders. Based on the popular Japanese manga comic.

A trailer for those who didn't know about this (like me)

Anybody else started watching this? Anyone know about this? I plan to power through it today and see what it's like.

Hmm looks kinda neat, although from the trailer it looks like it might be a little low budget with too much cg, but we will see :D

New mecha anime is always good though. Never heard about the comic btw.

The anime seemse Cliche and bland. Plus, netflix is behind on alot of shows. Heck they are like a year behind most of them. Also, their way of users organizing shows/ movies they want to keep a hold of, like your favorite movie of something is just a dump area. Nothing is gonna make me try netflix again, it was a terrible site then and it still is now.

Errrrm that anime wasn't produced by Netflix and it isn't even a Netflix exclusive (technically)

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19775/Sidonia_no_Kishi

It started airing last season in japan and finished airing this week, it's just that neither Crunchyroll nor Funimation licensed it, so the only way to watch it legally outside Japan is Netflix.

Im not big on anime, I tried Attack on Titan recently but, it was a no go. With that said, I wasnt hooked on the trailer and it looks like its not even going to be dubbed as well huh? I rather just listen to it in English. I dont even know whatever was said in the trailer, had no subtitles. However, im sure the actual show will have subs and when on netflix I sometimes find myself not knowing what to watch so might as well give the anime a try.

I think this is the first time Netflix labelled something as their original series which in truth isn't. (Unless you count that one season of "Arrested Development"). Hulu has called shows like "Misfits" and others as their original programming. Really don't know why they do that. Heck, with "Misfits", only the last two, or just the last Season is exclusive to them, since Netflix also had the first few seasons of that show.

Currently, there are a bunch of Anime series is on Netflix, and all of them are really perfect to get entertained. I'm also enjoying Japanese Culture through Anime. One of them I really prefer to watch is Boruto: Naruto Next Generations,  It's a top Anime series to watch nowadays.