• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
savagejoe444

StarFox Wii U

StarFox on Wii U   8 members have voted

1. 1. How would you want the new StarFox to play like?

• Similar to Star Fox 64
    • Similar to Star Fox Adventures
    • Similar to StarFox Assault

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Hey, savage here.

So, Nintendo is finally making a new StarFox for Wii U, and nine-years after the disaster that was StarFox Command.

Now a question has been going through my mind on how the actual gameplay is going to be in the final product, will it be another Assault with on-foot segments, will be like Adventures with the focus completely on the ground missions and less in the air, or will it be like Star Fox 64 and go back to its roots? I don't know.

From what I've read, the gamepad will be used as a first-person view from the Arwing for the first tme, on-rails' missions are coming back, several characters are returning, an ability to change your Arwing into a tank with a push of a button (similar to StarFox 2), and a new helicopter vehicle mode will be added into the game.

All in all, I'm liking what I'm hearing about this new title. What do you guys think?

I would like to see the franchise return with a focus on the on-rails shooter with the several levels focusing on all-range mode like Star Fox 64.  There were great concepts that were planned for Star Fox 2 that didn't make it into Star Fox 64 that would be nice to see pop up in the Wii U game.  I am really stoked to play a new Star Fox game that is developed by Nintendo for a mainline console.  Also, like Final Fantasy XIII and the Adventure of Link, I liked Star Fox Adventures for what it was and I won't recoil in disgust if they add some on foot sections.  Just as long as the majority focus is on the Arwing combat I'll be alright with it.

several characters are returning

"Fox, get this guy off me!", "It's too hot!  I can't take it anymore!", and my personal favorite "Aaaaaaaaah!".  Be careful what you wish for or you will invite the seven hells that is Slippy Toad back from the depths from which he came.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

Well I wouldn't mind, if they try something new... I would love a somewhat openworldy approach similar to Freelancer... I think games like strike suite zero showed, that it is in theory possible to keep such a game 'arcady'... but if it is a really good railshooter, i'll buy that as well :)

If Factor 5 were to make the game I'd be pretty happy. They know how to mix a realistic space shooter and an arcadey shooter and get it right.

Kindof a dumb question TBH. The best parts of Adventures and Assault were the parts that were like N64. I guess they could try the Assault formula with ground segments but it just felt like a sub-par 3rd person shooter. Adventure was just Zelda, so that's covered anyway.

Also, Command wasn't THAT bad IMO. The controls were insanely hard to get used to and weren't very intuitive but I managed to have fun with it. Still, choosing to make it all combat based with all-range mode only made it more of a dogfighting game than anything else, and the controls just didn't work for that purpose. 

Also, Command wasn't THAT bad IMO. The controls were insanely hard to get used to and weren't very intuitive but I managed to have fun with it. Still, choosing to make it all combat based with all-range mode only made it more of a dogfighting game than anything else, and the controls just didn't work for that purpose. 

It wasn't just the controls and the gameplay that made me hate Command, it was the overall story, the main villain, and the way it portrayed the characters. All the characters that I liked in previous titles became uninteresting, annoying, emotional wrecks in Command and I cared so little for them the entire game. The Anglars were just plain boring; they didn't do anything that made me actually want to go after them. They were laughable for a villain.

Then there was the love issue between Fox and Krystal... Don't even get me started. (Ugh...)

It wasn't just the controls and the gameplay that made me hate Command, it was the overall story, the main villain, and the way it portrayed the characters. All the characters that I liked in previous titles became uninteresting, annoying, emotional wrecks in Command and I cared so little for them the entire game. The Anglars were just plain boring; they didn't do anything that made me actually want to go after them. They were laughable for a villain.

Then there was the love issue between Fox and Krystal... Don't even get me started. (Ugh...)

Well I've never been particularly fond of any of the characters since they inserted pointless romance/awkwardness into the series with Adventure, so I pretty much just ignored the story. The plotlines that I enjoyed the most were the ones where Krystal left, because she's the ultimate source of killjoy in the plot. Essentially the most fun to have in the story is trolling away your least favorite characters. Some of the endings were kinda neat though, especially the F-Zero one.

the only one I've played is star fox 64. But, I think it would be cool if they had some on foot sections. But it should still mostly have a focus on on rails ship/vehicle shooting segments. Having branching paths would be cool, but I hope it's longer than star fox 64. That game is so short I've beat it a bunch of times.

the only one I've played is star fox 64. But, I think it would be cool if they had some on foot sections. But it should still mostly have a focus on on rails ship/vehicle shooting segments. Having branching paths would be cool, but I hope it's longer than star fox 64. That game is so short I've beat it a bunch of times.

Well one of the strengths of SF64 was it's replay value. Every level had multiple outcomes for beating it and different paths you could take, so depending on how good you are (or preference) you could play different levels each playthrough. The idea was to get good enough to take on the hardest path, but that requires finding all the more difficult paths. So yeah, it's short, but with so many ways to progress, replay is heavily encouraged and rewarded.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a longer Star Fox game either, though it might become harder to replay at that point. Kinda a double edged sword when you think about it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0