• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Nemesis Malkavian

So...what Tabletop RPGs do you play

14 posts in this topic

This may not be video game related, but it's still about RPGs. Either way, what tabletop games have you guys played?

I'll start with my list along with my thoughts:

1. Shadowrun 5th Edition: I got sold by the fact that it is Cyberpunk mixed with fantasy. Looks fun to play but it's really complicated to GM because I have so much to keep track of which leads me to do my own thing with my friends.

2. Numenera. Monte Cook is a genius indeed. I have been playing this game for around several months now and this is one RPG I enjoyed playing the most.

3. Genius the Transgression. A fanmade World of Darkness book all about being a mad genius. I initially found it hard to integrate something like this in a horror setting but after some inspiration from various movies, I could pull off a proper genius that isn't a stereotypical Dr. Insano.  

Right now testing out the 5th edition rules for Dungeons and Dragons. So far my group is liking the idea of it, and they find it to be quite the breath of fresh air to a system that's been around and used this much.  The other system I am running is Final Fantasy D6 (FFd6 for short) and while it's a rough start due to overtime and other obligations, I feel it will pick up shortly once I can get everything in "order" so to speak. 

I wanna play Pathfinder, but daaaayum so many books to get me started. I just got into World of Darkness books and I don't need one more bunch of books to read yet

I'm currently DMing a Dark Heresy game, though I'm new to DMing so it's a little... clunky. Hoping to also have a go at Only War sometime in the future.

Also, hello again everyone, after a very long break from the site. Glad to be back  :)

Currently playing Shadowrun 5th and Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader. Have played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, and Call of Cthulhu 6th. I've either read the books and/or watched people play Pendragon 5th, Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Dragon Age, Star Wars West End 2nd, Stars Without Number, Numenera, Song of Ice and Fire, Nova Praxis, Warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy, Apocalypse World, and Dungeon World. I also own Mutants and Masterminds 3rd, Deadlands, Delta Green, a lot of different Fate system games, and Trail of Cthulhu but I haven't looked at them yet.

Games I most want to play are Edge of the Empire and Numenera.

This may not be video game related, but it's still about RPGs.

This isn't about video games or PC games (this is the PC section). Moving this to off topic.

My favorite games.....

Mage the Ascension
Kindred of the East
Trinity
Legend of the Five Rings 3.5 (yes, even if it's OP and unbalanced)

DnD was my first RPG.... Classic boxed set, then moved to AD&D, then wholly embraced 3.0 and 3.5.... later versions (since 5th age) weren't to my tastes.
I've played most of the old WoD (no Demon), and like most of it (ewww, Ravnos!). I liked the idea of NWoD, but it all became just too.... standarized (5 innate varieties mixed with 5 "social groups" with a bunch of cliques for each supenatural group..... just too neatly organized and structured for me).
I like Lot5R mostly due to the setting. I've only really played 3 and 3.5 (ok, revised) editions. 2 Looked nice but messy, while 4 was too much for my mind. I even GMd it online and played the cards with some local friends, back in Diamond. Even tried to ST it, using cards as props, but the group was disbanded after 2 sessions.
I've also played a dozen or two other games, but none I really fancy or that changed my life.

Used to play D&D, although i can't remember what version of it although i think it was 4th edition. 

It ended because people had to move and was too busy.

Currently playing Shadowrun 5th and Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader. Have played D&D 3.5, Pathfinder, and Call of Cthulhu 6th. I've either read the books and/or watched people play Pendragon 5th, Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Dragon Age, Star Wars West End 2nd, Stars Without Number, Numenera, Song of Ice and Fire, Nova Praxis, Warhammer 40,000 Dark Heresy, Apocalypse World, and Dungeon World. I also own Mutants and Masterminds 3rd, Deadlands, Delta Green, a lot of different Fate system games, and Trail of Cthulhu but I haven't looked at them yet.

Games I most want to play are Edge of the Empire and Numenera.

This isn't about video games or PC games (this is the PC section). Moving this to off topic.

I'll tell you now, man that Numenera is a very fantastic game to play AND GM. Pretty easy to understand mechanics and plenty of opportunities to see the strange. 

D&D, AD&D, AD&D 2nd Edition, Original Shadow Run, Battletech but that was a long time ago...Like 1991.

I would play more but I just dont have the time  :(

D&D/Pathfinder (it's really the same thing), Shadowrun and my made-up-version-of-Call of Cthulhu. 

Check out the Tabletop RPGs thread here on Forum Games and Off Topic. we could use a little bit of reviving.

Call of Cthulhu

AD&D

Old World of Darkness

A few homebrew games based off of either TV shows or game series that me and my friends enjoy.

Call of Cthulhu

AD&D

Old World of Darkness

A few homebrew games based off of either TV shows or game series that me and my friends enjoy.

Anyone who mentions AD&D and not just "D&D" deserves my respect.

Currently fixing to start 3.5 DnD game