• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Richard

Need help deciding on a game.

What game would you recommend?   154 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these games do you recommend?

• Arma 3
    • Splintercell Blacklist
    • Rome 2 Total War
    • Battlefield 4
    • Xcom Enemy Unknown

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

69 posts in this topic

I want to buy all these games, but I only have enough to get one. So, I would very much appreciate if you could voice your opinion on which game I should get. 

Thanks in advance.

Nude Dragon and WILLthePILL6 like this

I think you should go for BF4, if you like FPS. The game should keep you engaged for a long time, and the multiplayer does not get boring quickly.

JamieLills likes this

Xcom. BF4 is pretty much an improved BF3. I haven't heard much about Arma III. SC Blacklist is just another SC game. Rome 2.... Angry Joe made a review on it.

mcmanurc likes this

It depends what you want...If you want a super realistic military shooter choose Arma...If you want a competitive multiplayer FPS choose BF4...If you want a stealth game choose Splintercell...If you want an RTS choose Rome 2...If you want a TBS choose XCOM

From my personal experience I can highly recommend XCOM (especially with the new expansion coming out that looks amazing), but I've heard good things about the others as well.  

Also, Rome is 25% off this weekend on Steam

Yoshi Powder likes this

Of the options, I've only played BF4 and XCOM. I'd recommend BF4 over XCOM in a heartbeat.

Master of Orion 2, XCOM: UFO Defence, Dungeon Keeper II.

Seriously, try them. All three are absolutely amazing. I do mean it. At least try Dungeon Keeper.

well if you want to spend mostly online facing other people then your should probs get battlefield 4 but they havent dont much that is noticeably different than battle field 3. Im not sure about arma 3, rome 2 i dont think you should get now as it still has many game breaking problems still though they are trying to fix all of them. havent played splinter cell except for the original and i LOVED xcom enemy unknown great gameplay that apparently held up to the original (not sure cause havent played the original) but you could wait for it to be in a steam deal and get it much cheaper 

Overall i think xcom solid 30 hrs of great gameplay

Depends, do you just want a cool SP game thats really good and has repleyability for it? Go with XCOM. If you know you will want to jump in MP for awesome big battles go BF4. Note that XCOM does have MP but its just bare bones and who knows if people even play it. And I haven played the other games to cast an opinion on them.

Xcom. BF4 is pretty much an improved BF3. I haven't heard much about Arma III. SC Blacklist is just another SC game. Rome 2.... Angry Joe made a review on it.

I put Rome 2 in the poll because I figured that they patched it up...maybe I'm wrong though...

Arma 3 or Xcom. Arma 3 is great, and Xcom is very enjoyable!

The first 4 are technically 'new' and you may want to wait for a sale (though battlefield 4 will probably be the last to drop as it's the most recent). Battlefield 4's got more hype and is likely to generate a greater player base than Arma 3 but it's more arcadey. 

The other games are technically different genres/styles (and tend not to be as multiplayer orientated). It depends what you want to play. If your bandwidth permits, consider d/ling a few demos

Word of warning. Rome 2's still very buggy and I wouldn't recommend it in it's current state. You may want to pick up the Shogun 2 gold edition (with all dlc) instead if you haven't gotten it already.

Richard likes this

I would say Arma or Xcom too. Arma for FPSing or Xcom for the strategy.

I got XCOM free when I pre-ordered Bioshock: Infinite. I've only played 52 mins, it seemed quite cool to be fair. But not quite my kind of game to be honest.

I downloaded BF4 this morning, only played an hour or so but can see myself spending a long time playing it. 

Those are the only 2 I have "experience" of, I know this post isn't very helpful. But it depends what you're looking for, and what you want outta the game. I for one out of all your choices would choose BF4, purely cause it's the one I could see myself getting most value for money out of.

Battlefield 4 is the safest pick. The online should be worth the money.

I'd go with ARMA 3, followed by XCom, followed by Battlfield. I don't really know what kind of games you prefer though. A tactical shooter with large maps, more realism, and a focus on community content, a strategy game, or a more action based FPS.

I'd highly suggest Splinter Cell: Blacklist. There's a lot going on in that game and once you learn the ropes it's a blast. It does take a while to get into, since there is literally no tutorial for any of the mechanics, but learning it is certainly worth it. It's almost like a puzzle game, which I find very entertaining.

Splinter cell is only one there i have played and campaign was really short but i am huge stealth fas so i think it was worth the money

Why not wait until BF for better deals? I bought xcom for $10 during steam sale.

I would suggest x-com but thats just because I really like the strategy aspects alot. Thats just me honestly ahaha

I would NOT recommend Battlefield 4 IF, you have friends you know and cooperate to play with.

The single player is nothing special.

Even with Dynamic Multiplayer, playing against players is annoying if you don't have close friends to play with to expect back you up.

But if you're looking for a game to play alone, get XCOM...fun thing is mostly naming the custom soldiers after your friends in real life, first and last.  The gameplay itself Brutal...but you learn from Trial and Error, and the FEELING is rewarding when you beat the game.  Now I got balls of steel for my second play through on a much harder difficulty...

I'd suggest X-Com. I personally enjoyed it alot.

Xcomm enemy unknown is amazing I highly recommend it plus Joe did a review on it so you can see what your buying if you are looking at it (even has a few let's plays with cynical brit on multiplayer)

Really depends on what you like. But in terms of gaming hours you can dump a lot into Battlefied and Total War.

Im the strategy type of guy, so Rome II is my choice although yeah the optimisation is nonexistant and some bugs here and there BUT if you're new to the Total War franchise, man that game will suck SO many hours from you. Guaranteed.

But if you have a group of friends on Battlefield 4, then grab a mic and roleplay as soldiers :P