• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XLoad3d

Call To AJSA To Insta-Ban Threads About PC vs Consoles.

AJSA Needs To Stop These Threads   12 members have voted

1. 1. No More Threads About PC vs Console Tolerated

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

I'm sick and tired of this community jumping in the hoop about this debate. This disrespects the AJSA members who use console (or pc) and is inconsiderate about the history of video games.

We are part of a community that has joined together for the love of video games and then we have members on the forums who wanna stir up shit about the PC vs Gaming debate. This causes nothing but conflict with other members.

I propose a new forum rule where its a no-tolerance on the flame threads about PC vs Console. This self destructs the community and is just disrespectful.

it would be better to just Pin a Console vs Pc thread in the General Discussion area. Insta Banning a person because they made a thread which goes under "pc vs console" seems rather....ludicrous. Plus, there are always gonna be people who want to talk about that stuff, which is why a pinned thread would be better suited rather than banning

I like it, let's ban people because they like something I don't. BRILLIANT! 

In all seriousness though, there's no point to going on a witch hunt for people who just want to openly discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Electronic Devices. If that were the case, there'd be no Gamestop or Bestbuy and we'd be out of jobs as well as videogames and their respective platforms.

I do agree with the pinning idea, however.

Glaice and nickyzhere like this

If the thread in question can only go in one direction, I say lock it.

But there are times when people will ask which is better suited to their needs; A PC or a Console, and of course those threads should run Its course. But for threads that can only incite unnecessary debate, sure, lock 'em.

Madfinnishgamer38 likes this

I'm for this, I really hate these threads.  I ok with people asking or giving advice about what platform is best for them,  but I've yet to see a thread where someone asked whether they should buy a PS4 or XBox One without at least one idiot saying "Buy a PC" or "Steam Sale!".  It's totally counter productive and I'm fucking tired of it.

I'm for this, I really hate these threads.  I ok with people asking or giving advice about what platform is best for them,  but I've yet to see a thread where someone asked whether they should buy a PS4 or XBox One without at least one idiot saying "Buy a PC" or "Steam Sale!".  It's totally counter productive and I'm fucking tired of it.

Personally I'll always have a biased opinion towards PC since the consoles I had to compare it to were 16-bit when I was growing up, but I don't criticize my friends for playing on a less expensive device that still has a pretty wide assortment of games.

But there are going to be people out there with biased opinions who criticize based on that bias whether the subject is consoles vs pcs or whatever, banning them just incites more of the same schtick though (Wow there's a term I thought I'd never use.) and it ruins a community. 

Personally I'll always have a biased opinion towards PC since the consoles I had to compare it to were 16-bit when I was growing up, but I don't criticize my friends for playing on a less expensive device that still has a pretty wide assortment of games.

But there are going to be people out there with biased opinions who criticize based on that bias whether the subject is consoles vs pcs or whatever, banning them just incites more of the same schtick though (Wow there's a term I thought I'd never use.) and it ruins a community. 

It's about banning the threads, not the people starting them.

These PC vs Console threads usually just draw in people who aren't willing to accept the drawbacks of the systems they choose. There will be PC supporters saying that there is no debate, and that PC is the best for everyone, while whiny console fanboys (which I personally haven't seen much of on these forums), are going to keep arguing with them. It will only cause an endless cycle of idiocy and snobbery.

It's really sad that any thread asking which console someone should get that there will always someone who interjects with PC. But it's always going to happen. As I recall, this community is mostly PC gamers. So that would also show where "debate" threads are going to go anyway.

They're as pointless as debates about which Ice Cream flavor is the best.

It's about banning the threads, not the people starting them.

What I'm saying is the people responsible for the threads will go on and make more flame threads if you ban threads about their favourite subjects.

Wow, I like saying threads. It just rolls right off the tongue.

I just want to point out, that I don't believe It should be made a rule, that another specific topic is off limits. It's quite harsh censorship, about a topic that to some extent, remains relevant here.

What I'm saying is the people responsible for the threads will go on and make more flame threads if you ban threads about their favourite subjects.

If the thread's made for the sole purpose of trolling, it should be locked and banned anyway. And if the individual who starts one keeps doing it, they should also be banned. Trolling doesn't exactly serve any purpose anyway.

I just want to point out, that I don't believe It should be made a rule, that another specific topic is off limits. It's quite harsh censorship, about a topic that to some extent, remains relevant here.

Which is why I think 1mirg makes a good point with his pinning idea. If this is such a overused topic, we should have it pinned to one thread where everyone can discuss it openly rather than make like 20 different threads about the same thing.

Berserker likes this

If the thread's made for the sole purpose of trolling, it should be locked and banned anyway. And if the individual who starts one keeps doing it, they should also be banned. Trolling doesn't exactly serve any purpose anyway.

I don't know where you read "threads made for the sole purpose of trolling" but here we're talking about Console vs PC threads in general, or more specifically what should be done about them... not just the troll threads even though I realize there are some.

I don't know where you read "threads made for the sole purpose of trolling" but here we're talking about Console vs PC threads in general, or more specifically what should be done about them... not just the troll threads even though I realize there are some.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/20805-the-most-entertaining-console-debate-youve-ever-seen-enjoy/

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/20474-console-wars-getting-childish-and-out-of-hand/?hl=%2Bconsole+%2Bfanboy

Do you really think these threads were made to promote a productive discussion between Console vs PC? I don't have as much faith in these threads as you do. In fact, I don't have any faith in any Console vs PC thread not ending up with just PC dog piling on console supporters at all. Yes, console fanboys say some pretty stupid things, but the way that some PC supporters can't accept the shortcomings of PC, to the extent of ignoring them is just as bad.

Crazycrab likes this

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/20805-the-most-entertaining-console-debate-youve-ever-seen-enjoy/

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/20474-console-wars-getting-childish-and-out-of-hand/?hl=%2Bconsole+%2Bfanboy

Do you really think these threads were made to promote a productive discussion between Console vs PC? I don't have as much faith in these threads as you do. In fact, I don't have any faith in any Console vs PC thread not ending up with just PC dog piling on console supporters at all. Yes, console fanboys say some pretty stupid things, but the way that some PC supporters can't accept the shortcomings of PC, to the extent of ignoring them is just as bad.

All people since the dawn of the console wars have had their own opinions about various gaming systems including PCs, All people will openly express their opinions about them. Some people are more obsessive with their particular choice and believe it to be superior than the others, this is true. Some people say some pretty heinous things to these people and they end up starting what we call a "Flame War" wherein people get hurt, this is also true. 

But notice how I say "some". Just because some people think this way doesn't mean all people do, and personally I'm right there with you in thinking how awful it is what people do to disrespect the games and consoles people love. But at the same time you can't stop everyone from talking about what is better just because some people will say what you believe in is stupid simply because they think so.

If that were the case I would of left this community a long time ago because there are plenty of people here that will do that, but you know what happens? Most of them get banned, as do the people on those youtube videos threatening to kill people because they said the Xbox sucks.

Man this is getting intense, I need a coffee break.

All people since the dawn of the console wars have had their own opinions about various gaming systems including PCs, All people will openly express their opinions about them. Some people are more obsessive with their particular choice and believe it to be superior than the others, this is true. Some people say some pretty heinous things to these people and they end up starting what we call a "Flame War" wherein people get hurt, this is also true. 

But notice how I say "some". Just because some people think this way doesn't mean all people do, and personally I'm right there with you in thinking how awful it is what people do to disrespect the games and consoles people love. But at the same time you can't stop everyone from talking about what is better just because some people will say what you believe in is stupid simply because they think so.

If that were the case I would of left this community a long time ago because there are plenty of people here that will do that, but you know what happens? Most of them get banned, as do the people on those youtube videos threatening to kill people because they said the Xbox sucks.

Man this is getting intense, I need a coffee break.

Having a pinned thread for it will just attract those obsessives and as I already said earlier, it's going to end it a cycle of idiocy and snobbery. It'll most likely end in a flame war.

From what I've seen, even some mods are on edge whenever one of those kinds of threads pop up, preemptively warning people to keep things civil. But they end up locked anyway.

Having a pinned thread for it will just attract those obsessives and as I already said earlier, it's going to end it a cycle of idiocy and snobbery.

Hey you're describing my line of work man. Sarcasm and Pessimism are right up the Sloven Alleyway of Snobbery and Idiocy. Or at least that's what everyone seems to think.

While I do agree that this could be interpreted as a form of censorship, I believe the only people who would start flame threads in response to a rule of this sort would be the same people who would start flame wars in such threads in the first place.

In my experience with the AJSA forums, such topics only serve to drive a wedge in what should be a united community.

Asking for information on the various platforms available and weighing their strengths and weaknesses is one thing, but two groups with their preconceived notions, each trying to force their opinions on others without a desire to better others or themselves in the process is quite another.

We should be tearing and clawing at rival communities out on the metaphorical battlefield, not bickering amongst ourselves.

But perhaps banning all such conversation would be too extreme a response. An overreaction, if you will.

Perhaps it would be a better idea to make a rule that the minute a post pops up referring to either a "master race" or "peasants" the thread should be insta-locked.

You know what this back and forth banter reminds me of... a discussion between console and pc. Just insta-lock the topic if it isn't supposed to be a console vs pc discussion, but it turns into one.  Also, anyone who starts a topic for the sole purpose of obvious trolling should get one warning before being banned. Insta-ban is never a good idea, unless it's spam.

XLoad3d, and Verethragna like this

While I do agree that this could be interpreted as a form of censorship, I believe the only people who would start flame threads in response to a rule of this sort would be the same people who would start flame wars in such threads in the first place.

In my experience with the AJSA forums, such topics only serve to drive a wedge in what should be a united community.

Asking for information on the various platforms available and weighing their strengths and weaknesses is one thing, but two groups with their preconceived notions, each trying to force their opinions on others without a desire to better others or themselves in the process is quite another.

We should be tearing and clawing at rival communities out on the metaphorical battlefield, not bickering amongst ourselves.

But perhaps banning all such conversation would be too extreme a response. An overreaction, if you will.

Perhaps it would be a better idea to make a rule that the minute a post pops up referring to either a "master race" or "peasants" the thread should be insta-locked.

Unless it's a thread referring to "peasants being made into dragon food and how it affects the economy" or "The Rhodoks, and why you should bow down and worship them" those would certainly make for interesting topics.

You know what this back and forth banter reminds me of... a discussion between console and pc.

Well now that you mention it ...

I just think it's a shame that a thread like this even needs to be made in the first place.

Edit: @Lazilot: Well, yeah. But neither of those topics directly tear down other members. That was more the point I was making.

Can't expect any sort of constructive conversation when you're referring to others as lesser lifeforms just because of what they game on.

Well now that you mention it ...

I just think it's a shame that a thread like this even needs to be made in the first place.

Edit: @Lazilot: Well, yeah. But neither of those topics directly tear down other members. That was more the point I was making.

Can't expect any sort of constructive conversation when you're referring to others as lesser lifeforms just because of what they game on.

Have you ever had dragon barbecue? I think not.

Have you ever had dragon barbecue? I think not.

I prefer Hydra personally, but they're extinct.

I prefer Hydra personally, but they're extinct.

That'd go good with a side of Phoenix Feathers, but they're so difficult to pluck.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. These types of topic get a bunch of people riled up for a bit, they eventually lose interest completely, and then they start talking about a bunch of pointless crap. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about. These types of topic get a bunch of people riled up for a bit, they eventually lose interest completely, and then they start talking about a bunch of pointless crap. 

And that's usually when the thread gets locked, or dies out. No harm, no foul.