• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghostgamer

Planetside 2 News/Rumors (PS4)

34 posts in this topic

If there is any new news or rumors you would like to share about the upcoming free-to-play mmo, Planetside 2. Comment

I heard that the NC is getting a shotgun sidearm, That's just f'in fantastic ain't it?

I'd like to contribute a bit here. I watched a video yesterday that came out two weeks ago from a Youtuber. In the video he interviewed someone who is working on the game and they said in these upcoming weeks we might hear news for a beta on the PS4.

Cool but i doubt it will be a release date probably just to say "we are making progress" or "the game is looking great". I would be surprised and happy if they said the beta release date.

Some gameplay footage has just been released from a floor demo, honestly It doesn't really tell us very mutch.  It's an FPS so it looks like the guy is running around shooting people.  But here it is anyway. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og84A7oJIg8

Ghostgamer likes this

I been looking at stuff on the web and Youtube for days now. What I came across today was a video made two days ago from someone who does PS4 news and stuff. He said at the moment they have people testing the game out and that it's pretty much done. But he said the devs want to polish it as much as possible and could see a release date in October (rumor). But maybe at Gamescon on the 15th we will hopefully see some news.

I would like a new MMO to play on PS4. I'm running out of things to do on Final Fantasy XIV.

I would like a new MMO to play on PS4. I'm running out of things to do on Final Fantasy XIV.

there is warframe, blacklight, war thunder, and DC universe. and they are mmos if you didnt check them out.

is ps4 will have there own server or will it be together with the pc.

On Topic: I really hope to see some news on PS4 Planetside soon. I mean I got a good supply of time for my PS4 but I really want to get back into open all out, hell warfare that Planetside 2 offers. BL:R is great & all but it isn't PS2 great. All in All, I can see it being relead before 2015 if we are lucky.

OFFTOPIC:

Black Light: Retribution is epic though!! I'm sporting a Red & White color scheme *AJSA* and kicking ass...I got three weapon set ups. My beloved sniper set up - one shot, one kill type of deal. Then my heavy weaponry, which sports the Heavy Assault Rifle with a god-like reload speed and dead on accuracy, then my God set-up. It sports the M4X Battle Rifle with god-like accuracy, great damage, and a good reload speed. I use that when I need the edge.

there is warframe, blacklight, war thunder, and DC universe. and they are mmos if you didnt check them out.

is ps4 will have there own server or will it be together with the pc.

To the best of my knowledge Warframe and War Thunder are cross server. 

DC Universe, Blacklight Retribution and Planetside 2 are not.

Black Light: Retribution is epic though!! I'm sporting a Red & White color scheme *AJSA* and kicking ass...I got three weapon set ups. My beloved sniper set up - one shot, one kill type of deal. Then my heavy weaponry, which sports the Heavy Assault Rifle with a god-like reload speed and dead on accuracy, then my God set-up. It sports the M4X Battle Rifle with god-like accuracy, great damage, and a good reload speed. I use that when I need the edge.

Blacklight Retribution plays way to mutch into the "pay to win" format for me, I just don't agree with that philosophy.

As far as PS2 goes, I haven't heard any more new rumors, but the game was supposed to be slated for release alongside the PS4, so how could it possibly take them this much extra time to fix the game? I understand that they really want it to be a finished product, and I respect that, (as well as think I the better thing to do) but it feels to me like they just tried to announce it as coming out alongside the PS4 to sell more consoles. Which I can not respect. I just want the dang game already :'(

Blacklight Retribution plays way to mutch into the "pay to win" format for me, I just don't agree with that philosophy.

Its counter-balance to that is its renting system. That way it doesn't really have a pay-to-win edge if you really think about it.

If you farm the credits...you usually get a 1-day full fee per match regardless of win or lose. However paying money does allow you to grab some cool looking items, titles, and other cool ordeals that don't really make an impact or a noticeable impact to the game-play at large. Even before I spent the money to acquire my set-ups I was holding a steady top-3 player spots on my team.

The money I spent however, just allowed me to further set me out as a badass player because then I could switch my style up to fit the map or my situation, if I needed hard-hitting accuracy fast reloads, sniping, or accuracy...I had it covered. So on maps where I can't snipe but I need the accuracy due to distance...I'm good. If I go with my standard HAR, I'm covered. For that one amazing map where that sniper rifle is like the Wrath of God? I got it.

Sorry for the off-topic response.

ON TOPIC: That sucks we haven't gotten any more news about PS2 for PS4 or any updates about how it is coming along...RAWR!!! Me want to roll with my NC brothers and crush some T.Republic pigs and Vanu Cult-heads. :(

(sorry, may love the AJSA, but I have to go with my NC.) Freedom Over Oppression!

Anyway, their theme song is kickass!

Honestly I haven't heard of Planetside 2 until a month ago.  It looks badass especially for something that came out two years ago and is F2P.  I would've downloaded it on to my laptop, but my hardware isn't as great to sustain a match where there are thousands of players at any given time, I can't even do the World Events on GW2 without serious lag.  Not hating on my system or anything, but I have to make do with what I have.  At least on a console it should work out as much.  Now I have to ask though, those whom have a character on the PC version, will they be able to play as their character on the PS4?  I ask because it'll get more people to play, and these games simply don't work without a great deal of players.  Either way I saw E3 coverage on Youtube and I like how their trying to incorporate the touchpad in to the map.  Anyway I look forward to playing it when it is finally released.

Well for today the only news I got so far is that they are trying to do small island maps that are more focused on like outfit to outfit battles with more 48 on 48 engagement fights than the traditional large scale. They also said they are making progress but have more work to do in terms of maps and the in game store. Sadly still no release date as they say everything will be coming out "later this year". I'll keep looking for more info as each day passes.

Hello again everyone. So just looked up some news and so far we might actually see something on the PS4 this month hopefully. After PAX Prime the devs said they have to work on the UI for the controllers to use and such. If they get this out of the way we could get a beta here shortly.

is there any news on planetside 2 that has come over the past few weeks etc release dates?

is there any news on planetside 2 that has come over the past few weeks etc release dates?

Sadly nothing.

Hello again everyone it's been a while since the last news update. But despite moving back over to Xbox i'll still cover you. So as of yesterday Lead Designer states that the game is very close to release. They are beta testing it right now and soon you guys will be able to play with each other on the great game.

Good to know it's getting close, but is a date to much to ask?

I'm getting sick of this, what have they still got to do?  They've optimised the graphics, balanced the controls including the auto aim, redesigned the UI and their even done the closed beta with every tester (at least every one that's made public posts tmk) is saying the game is working fine....  Yet the latest info that I have heard is that EARLY access is December!  Which suggests that the game will not meet it's promised 2014 release date.

Of course I'd rather play a game that proper optimised rather than shoved out the door but this is getting ridiculous!

SOE, do us all a favour.....

move-your-ass-and-hurry-up.png

Ghostgamer and like this

SOE: Oh yeah, Planetside 2 will be coming early 2015!!! We are making great process. :)

- December 31 2014

Me: :angry:  You ass-turds 

Playstation Experience is December 6th and 7th so hopefully we will get an release date by then, If we don't get it at PE then I doubt we will get it this year. Hey, maybe they will pull a Battlefield Hardline and say you can play the beta right now on the Playstation store.

Attention everyone I have good news for you PS4 owners. Sony just confirmed the release date ON THEIR WEBSITE! December 31st 2014 is when players will be able to play Planetside 2 for the PS4. More news coming in on Playstation Experience.

Attention everyone I have good news for you PS4 owners. Sony just confirmed the release date ON THEIR WEBSITE! December 31st 2014 is when players will be able to play Planetside 2 for the PS4. More news coming in on Playstation Experience

Actually, that date is apparently " just a placeholder"

http://www.gamezone.com/news/soe-planetside-2-s-ps4-release-date-just-a-placeholder

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0