• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Linkfan3

Bullshit Pre-Order Bonuses

44 posts in this topic

The only correct pre-order incenctives are: in-game costumes, unique items, beta access.

I want to say I never pre order games but I have a few times. But I never pre order games any more, because these days you can't even trust the devs/publishers to even release a finished game that works properly.

likes this

Yea pre-ordering is really not worth it anymore, unless you get some thing that is definitely worth it. The only pre-order that i think was worth it was Borderlands 2 (You get another character class). But everything else hasn't been worth it. I gave up on pre-ordering games a while ago.

To me the point in pre ordering is to pay off a game before ots release. So later on its less of a hassel. If pre ordering bonuses really pursuade you to buy a game that ends up being not-so-worth it, then its your fault. Yes developers should stop making these bouses a big deal and making them have unfair advantages. But for real, people should put more research into what they are buying, and realise the risk of preordering (espicially on steam and such). Still for me i just do it to pay off now rather than later. Think of a pre order bonus like a happy meal toy: cool to have but its still not the meal, and not what you should buy the meal for.

Only pre-order I don't like right now is Destinys Ghost Edition. Pay an extra $50 for a ghost skin and little toy ghost plus some other little things. Although I don't know if it's to help gain some money back since Bungie put like what $500 million into the game?

Only pre-oder I don't like right now is Destinys Ghost Edition. Pay an extra $50 for a ghost skin and little toy ghost plus some other little things. Although I don't know if it's to help gain some money back since Bungie put like what $500 million into the game?

You're basically paying 50 squid extra for a collectable toy.

I don't think at this stage that Bungie are terribly worried about making their money back. Whether you personally enjpyed the Beta or not Destiny is still shaping up to be the biggest games release this year. 

(Please note I said biggest release not best game. That will likely be Witcher 3)

and The Anti-Santa like this

A collectable that's not even going to be that collectable since I really don't see anyone proudly displaying any Destiny toys on shelves next to real collectables any time soon. Unless they're dude bros who also collected every Halo toy ever made because they're a Bungie-Bitch.

I don't think at this stage that Bungie are terribly worried about making their money back. Whether you personally enjpyed the Beta or not Destiny is still shaping up to be the biggest games release this year. 

(Please note I said biggest release not best game. That will likely be Witcher 3)

I enjoyed the beta no doubt about it. Buy paying $50 for a little toy is stupid to me but everyone has an opinion on that so i'll leave that be. But however Destiny will be the only game I ever go for a limited edition seeing how much I liked it.

A collectable that's not even going to be that collectable since I really don't see anyone proudly displaying any Destiny toys on shelves next to real collectables any time soon. Unless they're dude bros who also collected every Halo toy ever made because they're a Bungie-Bitch.

What's a dude bro?

Only preorder bonuses I've ever had which were worth while have been the bonus stuff I've gotten with Legend of Zelda games, which were actually really worth it and historically have been physical stuff that are collectors items.

When it comes to things like an additional map, select characters or similar things it's just not worth it and complete bull shit and why the triple A industry is losing its appeal to me.

What's a dude bro?

People who only buy shooters and sport games. Y'know, that one demographic of gamers that makes up a tiny portion of the community yet 90% of games are target towards them.

By_zeus_beard and like this

People who only buy shooters and sport games. Y'know, that one demographic of gamers that makes up a tiny portion of the community yet 90% of games are target towards them.

Oh lol well I mostly play shooters I don't like sports games. But it's just cause I like the intense moment of a heavy firefight. Although I don't mind other game genres but for this generation of gaming i'm trying to expand out more.

Oh lol well I mostly play shooters I don't like sports games. But it's just cause I like the intense moment of a heavy firefight. Although I don't mind other game genres but for this generation of gaming i'm trying to expand out more.

Shooters are fine, I think the main gripe with gamers like us is that so much is geared towards the casuals who play CoD only.

I personally think that Pre-Orders bonuses are pointless. IMO a lot of the Pre-Order bonuses are released to everyone like a week or two  after the game comes out anyway. Now the only things I pre-order these days are Collector Editions.

Last game I pre ordered was Unreal tournament 3 and back then I don't think there were pre order bonuses.   What a let down that game was, I learned my lesson and only buy the standard edition because it hink the deluxe collectors editions are just full of cheap tat that collects dust on a shelf or in a cupboard.

I personally think that Pre-Orders bonuses are pointless. IMO a lot of the Pre-Order bonuses are released to everyone like a week or two  after the game comes out anyway. Now the only things I pre-order these days are Collector Editions.

Yeah dude and then they release it as ... DLC! Yeah because after the second week of me buying like a 60 dollar game I will get a 5-10 dollar DLC. 

This was done with Rome II Total war absolute BS if you ask me. 

Lets see now, the last game I ever pre-ordered was Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I think it's ok when it has maybe a quest or two, and maybe some cool gear like a hat or customise armor but it should never be better than the starting gear, it's unfair as hell, and really stuff like that is not free? 

And then we have the dilemma of steam with pre purchase they give you, cool clothes, some special quests, maybe a side character or a race? ESO 

and u dont know if the game is gonna be good so will u buy it or dont buy it and when it comes out it's an awesome game but u know how to pay for that pre order stuff if u want it. And if u buy the game pre purchase and it sucks, well u just got f***** up.

Pre purchase is BS 

Puntosmx likes this