• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

IjWolverineSIoH

Anime: Happiest Moment?

17 posts in this topic

I was reading through the, "Saddest Moment in Anime," post thread and I thought it'd be fun to start a new thread discussing what is, in your opinion, your favorite, or happiest moment in anime.

It may be a weird one, but I would have to say that my favorite moment in anime is in DBZ. After Goku finally killed Kid Buu with a Spirit Bomb, he went down to tend to Vageta, after he had been beaten senselessly by Buu in order to distract him for Goku to have more time to build his spirit bomb. Vageta was lying on the ground, barely alive, however he was still able to force a smile to Goku and give him the friendly gesture of a thumbs up, as returned by Goku. In this scene, you just feel a sense of relief in knowing that Buu is finally dead after such a long period of intense fighting. Also, in knowing that the two titans (Goku and Vegeta) who had been fighting since the beginning of DBZ have now actually become friends.... The next few episodes that follow kind of seal this for me, but yeah, that is personally my favorite moment in anime. So What's Yours?

I kinda like happy endings. Or a sort of epilogue showing that happy ending. A way to point out that victory was achieved, world is saved, no open questions, everything has been resolved. An actual "The End" is preferable to "well, we won.... UNTIL THE NEXT BAD GUY! COME BACK AND WATCH MORE!"

IjWolverineSIoH likes this

Clannad's TRUE ending. The one where Nagisa doesn't die. I ran out of my room screaming, only to make a lap around the whole house then return back into my room and lock myself inside and proceed screaming some more.

When Kirito and Asuna finally meet up. Up until then I was already excited by how good their relationship is going, but that last bit was just so awesome to me! Brought the biggest smile on my face.

Other than that I can only think of two others which are:

• Ending of Toradora
  • The scene in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W when Mahiro has to fake being Kuuko's fiance and he tells her off (again) at the restaurant, but later that night she jumps him and confronts him about his feelings towards her and Mahiro explains that he doesn't hate her making her all happy again. Somehow that made me smile.

Space Dandy

Any episode brings a smile to my face. Dandiest guy... in space!

And Kill La Kill's heart warming end.

And whenever Griffith fucking dies. He's an asshole.

Naruto Shippuden after the fight with Pain ended. When Naruto gets hoisted up on everyone's shoulders and finally gets the recognition he deserved.

Naruto Shippuden after the fight with Pain ended. When Naruto gets hoisted up on everyone's shoulders and finally gets the recognition he deserved.

And Hinata still can't get on his radar.

She pretty much died for the guy, I think she at least deserves a date or coffee or ramen. Something. Damn.

She pretty much died for the guy, I think she at least deserves a date or coffee or ramen. Something. Damn.

This^!!!! THISSSSSSSS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IjWolverineSIoH and Sol Omega like this

I think Naruto needs a flippin' plane runway pointing to Hinata in order to understand.

In a later episode Hinata very literally tells him she loves him and if I remember correctly they end up kissing. At any rate, the love story is between Sakura and Naruto. Hinata kinda tends to take a back seat, which sucks, but if the story goes the way I think it will, its necessary.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ending. The happy ending, things ending up how you hope they would, and even bringing new hope to its future was a nice way to end it.

Death Note 2 (movie), I know not the original anime but the movie's ending of the adapted anime was a much happier ending. L instead of dying, prevents being murdered by the Death Note puts his own name in another Death Note.

Naruto Shippuden, when Kakashi was brought back to life. Such cheer!

Bleach Rukia set free from her sentence of death.

Attack on Titan, ANY MOMENT THERE ISN'T DEATH!

The ending of Gundam Wing.

Now, lets appreciate the beauty of this.  Giant clump of space station debris heading toward Earth that will cause perma-winter, Heero falling into the Earth's atmosphere, blows space debris up with giant laser cannon.  Cut to 30 seconds later.  Heero's arms folded with eyes closed and a smug ass smile on his face.

Ummm....Slayers, pretty much is the epitome of happy moments.  If you've not seen Slayers you really should check it out.

Like i said in another anime thread, The ending of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is both a sad and happy one. Ain't gonna tell you though.

One of the happiest moments I've ever seen in an anime is in Hunter X Hunter (2011). After many episodes of characters separated on their own little mission to prepare for an invasion on the ant king, Killua tells his former enemy/ rescuer, Ikalgo, that its time to return to his friends. Some of the most iconic music in the series, that hadn't been heard due to the arcs darker tone, enlightened me as I watched, and I couldn't help but grin as Ikalgo, a little octopus dude, is brought to tears over his new friend.

Mine was in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

http://youtu.be/3ogJDVcmBCM?t=32s

and then the part where he blew up

Best summed up by the top comment on the video

"Probably the best scene in all of the Gundam franchise.  Fuck you, Katz"

Happiest? Dunno. Hard to say.

Happy as in "estatic about how things turned out" or happy as in "satisfied with the ending of the show" or just general happy as in "good mood"

When it comes to meaningful happy moments, 99% of shonen have no buissness being on any list. I don't think I can't count "character X defeated Y. YAY!" as particularely meaninfgul.

Hmm...

I really can't think of pure hapiness. For me it's more bittersweet, since knowing the anime has ended, even if the ending is all happy rainbows and sunshine, depresses me.

For moments that really lifted my spirits:

- Usagi Drop. All of it.

- 5Cm Per Second. Manga ending.