• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forgewolf

My Razer Deathstalker keyboard

7 posts in this topic

I purchased this keyboard over the weekend and I love it for the most part. However, I have one issue with it. Randomly, I will get double letters in words I write. At first I thought I am just trying to get use to the keyboard, but it is still happening. I would try the Synapse software.. if they would ever let me log into my account.. So I tried uninstalling that and still have the problem. I have even tried changing the keyboard repeat rate with no luck.

Should I return it to Wal-Mart and get a cheaper keyboard? Or is there something else I could do to fix this issue?

I had to correct about 17 words in this post because I'd get two of the same letter.

You should return it to walmart and get a MORE expensive keyboard!

strange, i suggest you simply take it back from where you bought and simply switch brand, theres quite a few others that are much cheaper than Razer YET give splendid performance and quality

my favorite ATM is the Cobra II keyboard, its really good quality for the price, see for yourself:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cobra-keyboard-ekm087bk

btw it does have 4 colors which you can switch from anytime :)

the Razer keyboard might have a manufacture malfunction

Heyyo,

Logitech ftw. Get a Logitech keyboard. They last forever and have the warranty to back them up.

Logitech Corded Keyboard K280e (spill-resistant design, low profile keys for a fantastic low price three year warranty.. only downside? keys aren't backlit, but it's still the best keyboard for under $20)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-keyboard-920005207

Logitech K120 Keyboard (entry-level keyboard that works good and has three year warranty)

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/6692?crid=26

Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard (a good gaming keyboard also with three year warranty)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g105-gaming-keyboard

Tbh I had a similar problem with my Razer keyboard before... I traded it for a Logitech G15 Keyboard and haven't looked back. I must say I definitely love my clanky big keyboard than the slim keyboard style of short lived Razer keyboard.

My Razer Deathadder and Deathadder 3.5G both suffered from double-clicking issues due to Razer using a cheap button click mechanisim that had to be cleaned out regularly with isopropyl alcohol.. so I'm never buying a Razer mouse or keyboard again but their other products I love a lot. Their gamepads and audio products are awesome.

The worst Razer product is definitely the extinct Razer Lachesis. Everyone had serious hardware issues with them that they discontinued that lineup a while back thank god. :P

Heyyo,

Logitech ftw. Get a Logitech keyboard. They last forever and have the warranty to back them up.

Logitech Corded Keyboard K280e (spill-resistant design, low profile keys for a fantastic low price three year warranty.. only downside? keys aren't backlit, but it's still the best keyboard for under $20)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-keyboard-920005207

Logitech K120 Keyboard (entry-level keyboard that works good and has three year warranty)

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/6692?crid=26

Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard (a good gaming keyboard also with three year warranty)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g105-gaming-keyboard

Tbh I had a similar problem with my Razer keyboard before... I traded it for a Logitech G15 Keyboard and haven't looked back. I must say I definitely love my clanky big keyboard than the slim keyboard style of short lived Razer keyboard.

My Razer Deathadder and Deathadder 3.5G both suffered from double-clicking issues due to Razer using a cheap button click mechanisim that had to be cleaned out regularly with isopropyl alcohol.. so I'm never buying a Razer mouse or keyboard again but their other products I love a lot. Their gamepads and audio products are awesome.

The worst Razer product is definitely the extinct Razer Lachesis. Everyone had serious hardware issues with them that they discontinued that lineup a while back thank god. :P

with what i experienced with Logitech, while being indeed durable they are way overpriced, they do the same thing that Razer does; filling in multiple useless gadgets to raise the price

i used alot of logitech myself and theres far better brands when it comes to quality/price ratio

I got the Logitech gaming keyboard they sell (Saved me almost $30 too). The double letter issue is extremely rare with this keyboard and I like it! 

ThE_MarD likes this

Heyyo,

I got the Logitech gaming keyboard they sell (Saved me almost $30 too). The double letter issue is extremely rare with this keyboard and I like it!

Glad to hear it! Logitech use good high quality parts on their keyboards and a solid three year warranty to go with it. I know goodolsmurf mentioned eblue branded keyboards but they only have one year warranty... a third of Logitech's warranty. It's kind of like the graphics card market equivalent of going with PNY's one year on a lot of products (including PNY's GTX 780 ti.. expensive card with only one year warranty? wtf) instead of Asus or other name brands that do three years or limited lifetime warranty.