• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

In the news: Google buys Twitch for $1 billion.

25 posts in this topic

Since Google has admitted they've taken the wrong approach with Google +, I doubt they'll integrate that into Twitch, or at least not in any overly intrusive way. I see the worst case scenario being that Google tries to force ContentID into this. And I bet you anything ContentID would be hell if it were live.

I knew about this weeks ago and I'm sure this is gonna piss off a lot of Twitch streamers.

Didn't this happen months ago? :/

Anyway the only thing I'd like to see change is a better interface (current Twitch one sucks) and for us to be able to use our YT accounts with Twitch.

Otherwise why change what ain't broken.

This will be going through a number of offices and places before it becomes official. The US Government wouldn't allow anyone to posses a Monopoly over a certain aspect of business. So if Google obtains the #1 streaming website, they are Monopolizing the internet video business with no one being able to hold a candle to them, and that is illegal.

pureimagination likes this

There's a number of alternatives that have popped up recently, like this one:

http://www.reddit.com/comments/29qiug/live_gaming_tv_a_new_live_streaming_service_for/

number of alternatives for youtube also, doesn't mean people actually use those.

This will be going through a number of offices and places before it becomes official. The US Government would allow anyone to posses a Monopoly over a certain aspect of business. So if Google obtains the #1 streaming website, they are Monopolizing the internet video business with no one being able to hold a candle to them, and that is illegal.

There are many other streaming and video sites, Google would just have the most popular broadcast and streaming sites.

now twitch.com is prob gonna die now and instead is gonna be used for youtube usage. 

It's a bit concerning, but it's a lot better than say, Facebook buying it.

There are many other streaming and video sites, Google would just have the most popular broadcast and streaming sites.

My point exactly. There wouldn't be any kind of fair competition if Google gets Twitch.

This just in...Googles insanity causes the US Dollar to drop in value and it is now equal to the Peso.

A Billion? Didn't they just buy that stupid VR crap for a billion as well?

Yay! perfect ting for buying things from Amazon and having them shipped to Mexico *parties*

Meh, I'm more worried about Comcast than Google.

ThE_MarD likes this

A Billion? Didn't they just buy that stupid VR crap for a billion as well?

that was Facebook and it was for 2 billion actually, also it was bought it like a long time

that was Facebook and it was for 2 billion actually, also it was bought it like a long time

Well that just makes it worst because that means there are two mega size moron companies out there. Hell, shows you what I know, I would have thought Google & Facebook were the same thing!

At this rate the Dollar will be the Yen.

I'm indifferent about Google purchasing Twitch, so long as they don't attempt to moderate the content on Twitch with automated copyright protection or implement certain social media into the service it may turn out alright.

I think the best thing Google can do is let Twitch do its own thing and support it financially.

Puntosmx likes this

It has commenced. Google has started to make unannounced, UN-wanted changes to Twitch and users are up in arms. On-Demand Videos and Archival System is over. Here's the input of one of Twitch Users and Youtube Let's Play Commentator, DarksydePhil. Personally...this pisses me off as I saw this coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev-Fn4JTjwI

I'm just waiting for that announcement of 'to archive your past broadcast you must get them uploaded via youtube' change

It has commenced. Google has started to make unannounced, UN-wanted changes to Twitch and users are up in arms. On-Demand Videos and Archival System is over. Here's the input of one of Twitch Users and Youtube Let's Play Commentator, DarksydePhil. Personally...this pisses me off as I saw this coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev-Fn4JTjwI

D:

No....... NO.......... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's actually true?? Damn it! Twitch is ruined! RUINED!

This wasn't surprising, and i'm just hoping Google will learn from Youtube and to not force Google+ into Twitch's users.