• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CommanderCartman

ANGRY ARMY M.I.A.

22 posts in this topic

Whats wrong with most of the AJSA? Where has the faction gone? I miss playing with the Angry Army and right now I see about 8-10 people online. That's really disappointing. I wish AngryJoe would touch this game again and here are some refrences about the ESO and the future of it AND the updates 

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/07/22/creating-eso-identity-and-update-3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-online-will-eventually-be-free-to-play-analyst/1100-6375882/

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/110105/would-you-be-ok-if-eso-decides-to-go-free-to-play-would-you-stay

-Eric Cartman

I agree!

The recent patches has fixed a lot of the issues Joe was talking about, including the ability to pick up any weapon and armour in the world (they can't be sold, but they level up in a way, meaning if you pick up a sword while you're level 20, the sword will be level 20, and if you come back later and pick it up again at level 30, it will also be level 30)

Please, Joe, give this game another chance.

Most people have either lost interest, got burned out or where very disappointed with game. Simply put there wasn't enough to keep people playing, and once some one stops playing it is hard to get them to return (especially with a subscription based MMO). 

Regarding Joe, he doesn't enjoy the game, and no one should expect him to play it if he doesn't like it. If him playing the game brought people to ESO one or two may stick around, but the vast majority would leave after he was done playing because they came for Joe and not the game. If ESO does improve significantly then people will come back, but that may only happen in time.

Gone too and Jackschmit like this

i had a economic hard patch thats just clearing upp so il be back playing soon as much as my time divided betwen sevral games will allow :P

Yeah our numbers have taken a huge hit recently, but I am hoping that once update 3 comes out we may be able to do something about making the guild more active. Might I recommend that we include a unregistered rank so that we could recruit players in game and encourage them to sign up on the website. This would bolster are dwindling numbers. I'm in another guild that has a total of 65 players and they almost always have more online then us. We have a great number of inactive players.

I must agree with Manny254 though, don't hold your breath for Joe. I would think that one day he may poke his nose back in once they have much more content to update his review, but I wouldn't expect it this update.

and they are not MIA, they're AWOL :P

I'm still playing!  On a regular basis at that!  I knew most people would end up jumping ship after the first month wore off, heck I have yet to see more than 12 people on at any given time, and before there were HUNDREDS.  MMO's are always, always bumpy in the first six months of release.  After a few more major updates, I betcha people will slowly trickle back on in.

I quit after 2 months, it was rather boring, to me at least. The Stamina vs magika thing is a real pain. The first few months, I am not sure at present but the game should have been named and touted as Elder Staffs Online, from my point of view, yours may differ.

Unless they change a whole ton of things I won't pay a sub fee to a game I find boring. I pay sub fees to three atm a fourth wouldn't break the bank but it'd have to be better or on par with what Im playing now

Personally I only will pay for one game (with a monthly sub fee) at a time then play the hell out of it 'till I am sick of it.  Nobody can argue that you should pay for a game you don't enjoy.

My hope is that after a few more major updates they'll give everyone who bought the game in it's infancy a free month so sample how it's been improved to encourage them to resubscribe.

Tabkey83 is correct about numbers fluxing during the first few months of a MMO,  this is the 1st time I have ever joined a guild prior to playing the game for 3-4 months. I wait because it always makes me sad to start playing with gamers and watch loose interest and leave. Having said that I am glad I broke that rule with ESO as the 1st few months of ESO with the AJSA were pure gold.

I stopped because I hit a situation where I couldn't keep paying, I do plan to return, but I have a feeling it will be a while, just to let the game grow and improve.  I enjoyed the 28 levels I have played, and will enjoy the rest when I can, but I just want there to be more to return to, like all the features they've mentioned recently. 

I plan to make a return in the next week or two. Past 2 months have been hectic with my moving and getting new internet

Jackschmit likes this

While I am new to ESO I look forward to playing online with you guys and hopefully we can bring some life to this guild.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.  I am on every day to every other day early morning GMT because I work nights every day.  Hope to see you all in game soon.

They've recently launched a new patch, but I'm still not interested in buying it, especially now that I know that if I go in and start playing, I won't have no active guild to join in the endgame, where the activities run stale.

It will fall to Free to Play like countless other MMO's.

I'm still playing and enjoying myself (this is my very first MMO, after all)

I've just finished the main quest and I'm now exploring the other lands where others from my faction who also have finished the main quest are running about.

You should give this game another chance, it has improved because of the patches and I'd love to team up with my fellow Angry Army members and battle in Cyrodil, or go through public dungeons and clean house!

The sad truth is that the game is not worth the monthly as it is, I canceled although I  still have time left on my account.

Until the game goes to a free to play model

TurboDog likes this

Don't expect to go free to play any time soon.  I am sorry you may not feel like the game is worth it and somewhat I agree.  If it was either just $15 a month or the initial $60, I would feel it justified but both is a little much.  Plus an extra $20 if you want to play as an Imperial....yeah that is just bad business tho I shouldn't be talking in that aspect since I did purchase the Imperial Edition lol, but it was on sale on Steam so it wasn't as much.  After watching the QuakeCon video it does show they are improving.  Good things come to those who wait I suppose.

For those of you who haven't seen the QuakeCon video, here it is.

TurboDog likes this

I got ESO at the beginning (Imperial Edition) and to be honest, If they would just drop that damn sub fee I would come back to it! I didn't HATE ESO like some others did. I just felt it wasn't worth a sub fee when it first came out. It also didn't help that I was experiencing a little bit of buyers remorse after spending 80 bucks just to get in. I honestly feel that unless they drop that sub fee, the game is going to slowly fade away and vice verse dropping that sub fee will bring returning players BACK into the game. So PLEASE Zenimax, do the smart thing and just drop that stupid fee!!

^ here's the problem with this: They need a way to make more money, all the time, or they will just leave the game as in and never add new content. The only way they can drop the sub fee and add more content regularly would be if they did the same thing as SWTOR and tried to suck all the players money out though micro transactions. If they do this, just like in other games they will stop focusing on developing new content, and they'll just spend all their time thinking of new things to add and to charge us money for. I do think it would be nice if they lowered the sub fee.... but I am positive that if they dropped the sub fee this sort of thing would happen.  I don't want the developers to spend all their time adding new 5 dollar mounts and pets into the game.

There are many great F2P games out there, but if it stats as a sub game and goes F2P, it's dying. SWTOR is still alive (I assume) because they still collect sub fees, and anyone who dose not sub requires a pile of cartel coins to get the same stuff regular subscribers meed. This includes, action bars, good quality weapons and armor, and to earn PVP points at the same speed. (erm I may be wrong about regular pvp points there, it's been a while, but i do recall non subs received space PVP points at a much lower rate.) They also earn more cash though the cosmetics, such as allowing F2Pers to hide head slots, unify colours, and of course all the goodies you can get from Cartel packs.

Ahh Cartel packs, the reason I quit that game. you could drop about $100 on a big bulk crate filled with the things..... if there is only one item you want from  the cartel packs? Chances are it's NOT going do drop for you. I enjoyed SWTOR while I played it, but the moment it went F2P I just enjoyed it a little bit less every month 'till I dropped my sub. Didn't even CONSIDER playing as F2P at this point.

NOTE: Not trying to hate on SWTOR, it's just it's the only game that had a sub fee that went F2P that I have personally played

Jack I would agree with you that SWTOR went a little over board with what a F2P customers is limited with to whatever adjective one wishes to use.

Tera did the exact opposite, no restrictions on content only really restriction was 2 characters per server.

Since they implemented an Archeage type crafting system with labor points they have since limited you to 10 F2p Accounts they also did this due to the fact they run login rewards from time to time and people that had bunches of F2P accounts obviously got more login rewards.

As far as ESO goes, I bought the Imperial edition and one month after the initial free month, the stamina vs magika thing and it becomes Elder staffs online during that time turned me off the game, IE Everyone wears cloths and carries a staff, I haven't continued to follow the game so have no idea if they ever adjusted that situation

as long as you're having fun with it that all that matters.

@Arreyanne True enough, at the end of the day we're all just looking for a little fun.

Actually they have evened it out a a fair bit for stamina users, I tend to get rocked my melee NB and DK all the time. Although they took away my NB's ability to run faster then a mount in stealth so I am a little sad about that... despite the fact it seems perfectly reasonable.

Sorry guys I haven't been on in awhile but I am going thru a divorce after 7 years so its been kinda rough.  She got my house, which I had before I even met her so sign a prenup before getting married, so I am currently living at work at one of my hotels until I find another place.  I am keeping my sub going for ESO and will be keeping an eye on the forums but until I get a new place I am still going to be MIA but I hope the war goes well and hopefully soon I can join in.

@Khan No worries, taking care of yourself in real life shall always take priority over a video game. (At least I sure as hell hope it will)

I would love to be apart of the ESO Angry Army. I recently just got into it. I stayed away because of all the negativity and I didn't like the beta too much, But after hearing some of the upcoming updates and recent changes to it, I decided to give it a go. If someone would be kind enough to friend me and add me to the army, I would greatly appreciate it. @JayVisco

-Adding you today (04/12/2014) sorry, it took so long. just a reminder to others if you post in the invite thread, listed below in green, it informs me via email and i can invite you faster. -@Jackschmit

(New AJSA invite/promotion thread (NA server))