• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

GodPlzStopMe

What sort genres you invested most of your time in?

Pick your most played genre.   25 members have voted

1. 1. Your personal choice of genre that you invested most of your time in.

• First Person Shooters
    • MOBA
    • MMO
    • Third Person Shooters
    • Side Scrollers
    • Rail Shooters
    • Platformers
    • Simulators
    • Puzzles
    • Strategy
    • Indies
    • Sports
    • Racing

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Personaly  ive invested most of my time in FPS shooters since the days ive first started gaming at 1998 and i think my 2nd most invested genre is Strategy games.

What are yours?

I'll put a lot of time into RTS, RPG, FPS, and MMO/MMORPG. And a bit of time into Survival.

I've put a lot of time into MMOs, RPGs and FPS.

I would think that RPGs are the obvious answer, but I do play a lot of FPS games.

RPG for me, oddly missing from the voting since it is a large category, but that is my major time sink.

Fps, rpg, and strategy. Most likely in that order.

Definitely platformers, both 2D and 3D, with arcadey racing/sports games as a second (think Tony Hawk, Burnout, and Mario Kart)

mmorpg, but tbh only 1 game. wow. last i checked my playtime on my current account (i used to have an old one but rebought the game, i know, retarded but w/e) and went through my past transactions of payments for subbing, i got a total of 5 years on that game. that's 5 years commited to it that is. actual play time, on average i was playing at least 8 hours a day for those 5 years, sometimes 10 or 12, for 3 months it was 16 hours a day. so lets say... 9 hrs a day on "estimated average" actual playtime.

365 x 5 = 1825 days. 1825 days x 9 hours per day = 16425 hours. 16425 hours / 24 hours in 1 day = (drums)..... 684.375 days of my life i have sat at the PC playing wow. how pathetic am i!? much pathetic. very lol.

I think the genres ive put the most time into would be first-person shooter, RPG, and strategy. I especially love strategy games, building a giant base with impenetrable defenses is my favorite part. 

But i will also play rpgs and fps. I have about 703 hours on skyrim which equals to 29.16 days of my life playing skyrim.

(703 / 24 = 29.16 days)

Again it will be FPS's mainly becasue this genre is the most prevalent at the moment and also has the greater number of Multiplayer titles.

RPG's for most of my life however i have started getting int MOBA's recently. 

for me it would be RPGs but its not up there for some reason so strategy would be next!

MOBA's.

By far.

Like I have 1220+ hours of MOBA experience.

I play to much MOBA actually.

please help me.

I can't leave.

I'm going to die here.

gif halp pls.

I'm sorry, could you add Everything as an option? I think I've invested most of my time in every genre imaginable or, at the very least - games that included elements of said genres.

Dyzzles likes this

mostly  dota style games and puzzle games.

Strategy, RPG, platformers and some classic side scrolling (puzzle too if Zelda counts).

I've certainly not played as many FPS as RPG's but as they're usually multiplayer they usually have infinite replay value so have definitely spent more time on them in recent years.

A decade ago or more ago it would probably have been Resi Evil and Final Fantasies.

I find the lack Point&Click Adventure-Gamers in this Thread disturbing ^^. Why is that? Because there are so many Console Gamers and most Point & Click Games are only for PC?

Anyway, Adventures it is for me by far. I would say a bought every Adventure-Game from the last 10 years as long as it got released in Retail for PC. Then comes RPGs (preferably classic Single Player RPGs and Hack&Slay) and then FPS and of course the various Genre-Mixes of those.