• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Arreyanne

I will form an AJSA Guild in Tera if we have interest and there isnt one already

56 posts in this topic

K i got my computer back to 4gb or ram (still kinda sub-standard for this game but im low on cash so ill just have to live with that for now), Ive been active on STO lately but if anything comes up on Tera as far as guild events I'll make a note to try and attend. Also Arrey I believe you are incharge of the SWOR guild, yeah unless a major event comes up Im probably not going to be on that game much, I blame Bioshare (not EA!) who made the darn thing, I just cant compel my self to play it with out creating a subscription and i can't do that right now.

Sent in a app for tera guild toon name Gunner.Dampheti

hi so is anyone still activly playing in the guild thinking of getting back into the game

Since Fate of Arun I havent been that interested in Tera.

They took a page from the Blizzard play book upped damage and hP on everything in the game, NPC's PC's Watch a video of the new Raids and see people doing 4-9 million damage on a crit, nah I'll pass and:

It has become a 90 day gear grind treadmill. The community has become nearly as Toxic as the WoW community.

I will be happy to log on at a convenient time for you and make you GM of the guild if you so desire

They took a page from the Blizzard play book upped damage and hP on everything in the game, NPC's PC's Watch a video of the new Raids and see people doing 4-9 million damage on a crit, nah I'll pass and:

People always seem to try to point to WoW as if it was the origin of all things MMO, it's not. WoW was released in 2004, Anarchy Online was released in 2001, with its Shadowlands expansion coming along in 2003. The new levels, and areas of TERA is basically just like Shadowlands was for Anarchy Online, while both didn't add too many levels numerically relative to the previous cap, the difference in power between a char, and gear of the new cap, compared to the old one was huge. For all I know something like Utlima Online, or Everquest may have done the same before that as well.

Then the equipment treadmill is also old news, and a common way companies use to try to keep people playing. Every so often they put out new content, with new equipment that makes the old stuff look like crap. Although with Asian sourced games in particular there's often an enhancement system on top of it, so not only do you need to grind to get the stuff, you also need to grind to enhance it as the difference between a +0, and a +X in some games can be insane.

It's all just gotten to be par for the course with online games, so that sort of stuff is something you simply expect from them over time. I find the only way you can last in these games is if you enjoy the core experience of playing it, rather than trying to be the best, of the best, of the best, with all the best stuff, and so on as some seem to. They are also the ones screaming bloody murder after new content expansions, with new equipment, especially in games that are almost all PvE, but they're trying to play for the tacked on PvP, and hate the PvE.

It wasn't that I think WoW was the goddess of MMO History, it was my first therefore that is my experience. And yes, playing the core game is usually what I end up doing.

And then when they (Dev's) Make access to higher gear tiers more available, by requiring less grind that the Raid crowd and others scream about the game is too easy.

Take SWTOR with the new expansion I no longer have to do raids 1000 times to get a set of gear that is worthy of the time invested. However that being said it's still a grind to get it