• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

noyram23

Trophy Hunters

341 posts in this topic

I didn't see any topic about trophies so I created this. My plan for this page is to gather my fellow trophy hunters (or semi like me) and share tips or stories relating to obtaining certain trophies and such. Take note that i'm not that dedicated though, I only plat games which I really like and hopefully not that time consuming :)

So guys what is your proudest trophy? Mine would probably be TLOU (PS3) and Rayman Origins.

Between new releases I sometimes look through what trophies I can get without too much trouble. I though Watchdogs would be easy and got to 86% I think but then I found the Drinking game was near impossible unless you had the reflexes and coordination of a god so gave up.

Between new releases I sometimes look through what trophies I can get without too much trouble. I though Watchdogs would be easy and got to 86% I think but then I found the Drinking game was near impossible unless you had the reflexes and coordination of a god so gave up.

MY MAN, that was one frustrating trophy especially when they respawn you miles away from the starting point after failint it. They're fixing it though last time I heard, probably with the next patch.

I dont understand the appeal to trophies. I mean i guess i can see some satisfaction in earning some trophies, ones that took skill or planning to get but most are kinda just there. For example, i dont see what is so worthwhile in getting trophies like "obtain every ___", "deal 1,000,000 damage in one attack", "win a match without using the reload button".

I CAN understand ones like "beat game on hard", "defeat x boss without a gun", "beat the game using only 1 character".

But i have a question for trophy-hunters. Do you guys prefer trophies that actually are challenging to get (time consuming is NOT challenging)? Or do you just want more in general.

I don't consider myself a trophy hunter, it's just something to do in between new releases sometimes. I don't care for super challenging trophies myself like the drinking game in Watchdogs, it's a lot of time put in for little reward imo. But I do like ones that challenge you to play every aspect of a game. Like in Mass Effect you had trophies to play as the various classes and to use the various class abilities. So when I inevitably played through it again for the second and third times I got something that showed off my efforts.

But to play games just to get the trophies I don't understand, for me it takes away from the enjoyment of the game. Like TLOU is all about the journey / story, ME was all about the relationships and commradery. I think it's nice that some trophies chart your progress through a game and I can forget about most of the others.

The Bronze, Silver, Gold system on trophies never makes any sense anyway. That Watchdogs drinking game trophy is a bronze but is insanely difficult, more so than any of the Silver or golds in the game.

If I attempt to get a platinum trophy you can be sure it's only because the game holds interest for me still and not that i'm interested in the game for the trophy.

Platinum trophies I've gotten in the pass.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - My first platinum, sadly lost on my old PSN account. R.I.P.

Telltales The Walking Dead Season 1 - My first platinum on the WITHASTICK account.

inFAMOUS Second Son - Second platinum trophy on WITHASTICK, probably the easiest platinum trophy to get. I recommend people going for it.

Other games 100%, but have no platinum.

Contrast - Was one of the first free games we got with plus. A fun little 2 hour game, with an easy trophy list. Sad no platinum.

Child of Light - What started so wonderful and charming, feels rushed at the half way point. Easy enough trophy list. No Platinum

Which am I proudest of? Well let's see ...

Catherine, which to date is still the rarest Platinum trophy I have.

Demon's Souls, 'cause it was designed to be such a challenging game.

Devil May Cry trilogy, especially that one in DMC2. Getting through 9000 floors of the Bloody Palace, what with those fights with the wolves ... Spent damn near 24 hours straight playing that mode just to beat it.

*Looks at his list of games compared to just the ones he's proud of* Huh. Guess there aren't really that many. Time heals all wounds, or somesuch.

I dont understand the appeal to trophies. I mean i guess i can see some satisfaction in earning some trophies, ones that took skill or planning to get but most are kinda just there. For example, i dont see what is so worthwhile in getting trophies like "obtain every ___", "deal 1,000,000 damage in one attack", "win a match without using the reload button".

I CAN understand ones like "beat game on hard", "defeat x boss without a gun", "beat the game using only 1 character".

But i have a question for trophy-hunters. Do you guys prefer trophies that actually are challenging to get (time consuming is NOT challenging)? Or do you just want more in general.

I like challenging ones though you can't avoid time consuming ones when going for platinum on games you like.

Which am I proudest of? Well let's see ...

Catherine, which to date is still the rarest Platinum trophy I have.

Demon's Souls, 'cause it was designed to be such a challenging game.

Devil May Cry trilogy, especially that one in DMC2. Getting through 9000 floors of the Bloody Palace, what with those fights with the wolves ... Spent damn near 24 hours straight playing that mode just to beat it.

*Looks at his list of games compared to just the ones he's proud of* Huh. Guess there aren't really that many. Time heals all wounds, or somesuch.

Now i'm ashamed of my plats XD

Going for a Platinum run for The Last of Us. I want it so bad.

Going for a Platinum run for The Last of Us. I want it so bad.

Go for it stick :) I got mine on PS3 so i'm not that motivated on PS4. Slowly but surely i'm progressing to it and focusing mainly on mp ones first.

Now i'm ashamed of my plats XD

Only one way to fix that. *Points at your 24% completion on Catherine* XD

Besides, you have Tales of Xillia. I hear some trophies in that game are a pain.

Only one way to fix that. *Points at your 24% completion on Catherine* XD

Besides, you have Tales of Xillia. I hear some trophies in that game are a pain.

More like time consuming but not a problem on my part since I love jrpg. Catherine is a great game but i'm really bad at the game, I actually finished it at the lowest difficulty.

More like time consuming but not a problem on my part since I love jrpg. Catherine is a great game but i'm really bad at the game, I actually finished it at the lowest difficulty.

It's the sort of game that just takes time to master.

My first playthrough was on the lowest difficulty, and that final chapter started kicking my ass around X-3.

Comparatively, I blew through the hardest difficulty in a couple days without needing any video guides or assistance.

I hate online trophies, if its just trophies like " win a match online" thats fine but if its "get to level 60" that's just tedious. I hate grinding trophies, takes the fun out of games. I remember getting a platinum in Earth Defense force Insect Armageddon, the game was short but getting the trophies just made a bad game even worse.

Ni No Kuni's trophies highlighted the fact that the entire alchemy system and feeding your familiars was absolutely usesless, aside from doing them to get the trophies.  It's one of those drawbacks, but I will admit that beating fury mode on Muramasa was just too much fun and I didn't even feel the grind while doing Tales of Xllia's trophies.

Ni No Kuni's trophies highlighted the fact that the entire alchemy system and feeding your familiars was absolutely usesless, aside from doing them to get the trophies.  It's one of those drawbacks, but I will admit that beating fury mode on Muramasa was just too much fun and I didn't even feel the grind while doing Tales of Xllia's trophies.

I love my time platting Ni No Kuni (farming the hidden boss) and Xillia (though I usually hated 2nd and so on playthrough). I should probably get on with Muramasa but the 1 hit trophy can be daunting XD

It's the sort of game that just takes time to master.

My first playthrough was on the lowest difficulty, and that final chapter started kicking my ass around X-3.

Comparatively, I blew through the hardest difficulty in a couple days without needing any video guides or assistance.

True but if it's Tales of game the best bet is to go on higher difficulty since they offer higher exp etc.

I hate online trophies, if its just trophies like " win a match online" thats fine but if its "get to level 60" that's just tedious. I hate grinding trophies, takes the fun out of games. I remember getting a platinum in Earth Defense force Insect Armageddon, the game was short but getting the trophies just made a bad game even worse.

Same here, the only game that I actually did this was TLOU . I love its mp for some reason, it's slow, methodical, and usually forces teamwork more than any mp I played.

I love my time platting Ni No Kuni (farming the hidden boss) and Xillia (though I usually hated 2nd and so on playthrough). I should probably get on with Muramasa but the 1 hit trophy can be daunting XD

Oh I love Ni No Kuni, but some of the systems in that game go entirely unused.  Much like Dark Souls as a whole, the fury mode trophy isn't really that bad.  Though I can see why you'd find something like that daunting.  I hope the trophies on Xillia 2(8/19 release date) are more reasonable, like Xillia, rather than the cruel torture of Graces.

Update on The Last of Us Remastered 100% run.

Finished Normal Plus run, while getting all of Ellie's Pun, Training Manuals, Shiv Doors, and Pills trophies. I am gonna do one last Plus game to get the Firefly Pendants, and Artifacts trophies.

Once those are all cleaned up I move on to Left Behind and just go into that on Survivor and grab all those Trophies.

Once than I make my way back to The Last of Us Grounded Mode and than Grounded Mode Plus.

Hopefully once all SP trophies are out of the way I go to Multiplayer, or in between all this and finish those up with Hunters journey and Fireflies Journey.

Oh I love Ni No Kuni, but some of the systems in that game go entirely unused.  Much like Dark Souls as a whole, the fury mode trophy isn't really that bad.  Though I can see why you'd find something like that daunting.  I hope the trophies on Xillia 2(8/19 release date) are more reasonable, like Xillia, rather than the cruel torture of Graces.

I never plat-ed Graces because of the sheer time needed like maxing the alchemy (though it's nothing compared to Star Ocean). Xillia 2 is a lot more time consuming base on what I read but a better game so there's that.

Update on The Last of Us Remastered 100% run.

Finished Normal Plus run, while getting all of Ellie's Pun, Training Manuals, Shiv Doors, and Pills trophies. I am gonna do one last Plus game to get the Firefly Pendants, and Artifacts trophies.

Once those are all cleaned up I move on to Left Behind and just go into that on Survivor and grab all those Trophies.

Once than I make my way back to The Last of Us Grounded Mode and than Grounded Mode Plus.

Hopefully once all SP trophies are out of the way I go to Multiplayer, or in between all this and finish those up with Hunters journey and Fireflies Journey.

That's good, personally i'm focusing on MP first since I finished the game 4 times already (PS3) and need a bit of break. Oh by the way save your weapon upgrade to late weapons since you might have to go with a 3rd playthrough for all weapon upgrades, at least it will be faster if you just need to upgrade the early weapons like revolver than flamethrower.

I never plat-ed Graces because of the sheer time needed like maxing the alchemy (though it's nothing compared to Star Ocean). Xillia 2 is a lot more time consuming base on what I read but a better game so there's that.

Oh fuck Star Ocean 4 and that optional dungeon booshoo.  MAYBE you'll farm up enough of whatever that item was called to make it to the end or you could completely waste your time, ya know, because that sounds like fun.  I love Star Ocean, but that and all the other farming you have to do is literally soul crushing and is just not worth it.  This trophy for Xillia 2 scares the crap out of me.  Oh god.....a gambling mini game?  Please let there be a super cheese exploit if there is.

49S861555.png Gambler

Like gambling so much you'd even gamble with your life?

Then you, sir or madam, are a true gambler.

Oh fuck Star Ocean 4 and that optional dungeon booshoo.  MAYBE you'll farm up enough of whatever that item was called to make it to the end or you could completely waste your time, ya know, because that sounds like fun.  I love Star Ocean, but that and all the other farming you have to do is literally soul crushing and is just not worth it.  This trophy for Xillia 2 scares the crap out of me.  Oh god.....a gambling mini game?  Please let there be a super cheese exploit if there is.

49S861555.png Gambler

Like gambling so much you'd even gamble with your life?

Then you, sir or madam, are a true gambler.

iirc it takes around 400 hours for SO plat? God damn, I don't know who would do that. 

Oh man, I hate luck based trophy, it seems to be that i'm really unlucky when it comes to these trophies.

Null likes this

iirc it takes around 400 hours for SO plat? God damn, I don't know who would do that. 

Oh man, I hate luck based trophy, it seems to be that i'm really unlucky when it comes to these trophies.

Seems to be the poker mini game from Vesperia from what I gathered which probably means some save scumming will be involved.