• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

noyram23

Trophy Hunters

341 posts in this topic

Difficult Trophies, or is the online dead aside from the obsessives you've no hope of beating?

I almost have most of the online trophies, but the there are three that are actually hard to get. There are still people playing the online so if you still need those trophies its not that hard to find.

I almost have most of the online trophies, but the there are three that are actually hard to get. There are still people playing the online so if you still need those trophies its not that hard to find.

I hate online trophies because usually they're a time sink and you can't do them solo. 

Agreed. If I ever make a game with online Trophies, all of them will be considered DLC and therefore not necessary to Plat.

Still sticks in my craw that the only reason I couldn't Plat AC:Brotherhood is because the online was and is dead. XP

Or they could do Uncharted's route, basically just 1 game of MP. They could also do a separate plat for MP modes if they want.

I liked Uncharted's route. Especially considering that one of the two could be earned offline with a second controller.

Freyja likes this

Just Platinumed Strider.  I'm starting to notice a trend of trophies lately being centered around, "Beat game in X amount of time".  Not that I'm complaining I find those kinda trophies fun.

Just Platinumed Strider.  I'm starting to notice a trend of trophies lately being centered around, "Beat game in X amount of time".  Not that I'm complaining I find those kinda trophies fun.

Except that one in Ico. Fuck that game too.

Working my way through Crysis 3 on Supersoldier difficulty right now. Not having too many problems thus far, but why must I find such stealth oriented games so draining to play?

Yeaaaah, just looked up that Ico trophy and let me say, if your trophy requires a legitimate time stamp breakdown for speed running it then you fucked up somewhere with your trophy reqs, because that's no fun.

I finally got all the online trophies for Origins, now everything else is single player based :)

Blacklight: Retribution trophy hunt

Oh I just got mine too last night. The Speed Demon trophy was pretty cool :) 

Let see I just finished the Hunter side for TLOU:R and working on Fireflies. Waiting for Tales of Xillia 2 to drop and probably finish Tearaway (Am I bad for not liking the game that much?) and platinum it. 

Post your any substantial updates here guys or if you want any help on any trophies, we'll try to help each other :)

Yeaaaah, just looked up that Ico trophy and let me say, if your trophy requires a legitimate time stamp breakdown for speed running it then you fucked up somewhere with your trophy reqs, because that's no fun.

I actually earned that one. It's way worse than it looks 'cause the game handles like shit. Constantly getting caught on the scenery, annoying camera angles, and an incompetent AI that'll just piss away time on you.

Granted it's a "HD" version of a PS2 game, but come on. There were way better PS2 games that should have gotten a HD rerelease.

I actually earned that one. It's way worse than it looks 'cause the game handles like shit. Constantly getting caught on the scenery, annoying camera angles, and an incompetent AI that'll just piss away time on you.

Granted it's a "HD" version of a PS2 game, but come on. There were way better PS2 games that should have gotten a HD rerelease.

Yeah, I played the PS2 version, didn't play Shadows of the Colossus though, and when I saw the time stamps I had these horrible images flashing in my head of getting stuck on pillars and that last section where you have to fight all those shadow monsters, but one of the enemies fails to spawn right away.  What a load of nope.

Yeah, I played the PS2 version, didn't play Shadows of the Colossus though, and when I saw the time stamps I had these horrible images flashing in my head of getting stuck on pillars and that last section where you have to fight all those shadow monsters, but one of the enemies fails to spawn right away.  What a load of nope.

I had never played either, heard all the hype, and subscribed to PS+ while both of those games were still up for free. So I was perhaps let down more than most.

I was treated to moments such as taking whats-her-face up the tallest ladder in the game, not realizing that I didn't have to, and then waiting for her slow ass to climb back down after me. Then she gets two rungs from the bottom, goes "tee-hee!" and starts climbing up the damn thing all over again WHILE I'M STILL HOLDING DOWN THE CALL BUTTON. Had to wait for her to climb back UP the thing, she stands around up there for a few moments, and then started climbing down the thing like she was supposed to in the first place. That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back.

At least that happened on my first run and not my speed run. >.>

On my speed run, there was that one room where you have to leave her on the exact PIXEL so the shadows won't grab her the moment you reach the top of the chain and you can run over, drop down the grate, and stand on the button to open the gate near her so she can get away from them. After about fifty attempts I FINALLY found the exact PIXEL and got her inside the gate.

I opened the other gate, climbed up, when to the hole to help her up so we could run for the exit. He kneels down at the hole and starts calling her ...

And nothing happens. I wait. And wait. And wait. Still calling. Still nothing. I let go of the call button, and the camera decides to show me that she's standing on the button to hold open the first gate for no reason whatsoever. Seriously, if the shadows had half a brain they would have run in that open gate, grabbed her, and gg. But the minute I STOPPED calling her, she starts walking to the hole and looks up like, "Where the fuck are you?"

I couldn't be bothered with another fifty attempts to get it just right. I took the loss of time.

Seriously, if I made a video of my impressions on this game, you'd have to start referring to him as Tepid Joe if he and I were ever in a room together.

The thought of it fills me with that much rage.

But even so, I Platted Ico.

I wish I could say the same about Shadow of Colossus.

Fuck Hard Time Attack.

LOL! Oh man, artsy games and their finicky gameplay mechanics.  Well, congrats on never, ever having to deal with that shit again in life.

LOL! Oh man, artsy games and their finicky gameplay mechanics.  Well, congrats on never, ever having to deal with that shit again in life.

Nope. Never. Ueda can keep Last Guardian, I'm not getting burned a third time.

What motivates you guys to platinum a game you don't like playing? Not a criticism or anything but In my mind I play games for entertainment and enjoyment as I imagine most people do so playing a game many times over for a trophy doesn't appeal to me when I can play a new game or replay a game I really like.

Everyone's different so it's just a curiosity :)

What motivates you guys to platinum a game you don't like playing? Not a criticism or anything but In my mind I play games for entertainment and enjoyment as I imagine most people do so playing a game many times over for a trophy doesn't appeal to me when I can play a new game or replay a game I really like.

Like you what drives me for a platinum is if I am having fun with the game. inFMAOUS Second Son to me was a fun game, was also a easy Platinum so I figured way not. The Last of Us is a harder Platinum, which I like the challenge. I have been hiding from doing Grounded Mode cause... fuck me...

Insanity?

No really. I see Trophies as a manifestation of the developer's expectations of me as a gamer. If I haven't earned every Trophy, then I haven't experienced everything that the developer worked on for so many years. It's like ... If I pay $60 for a game and don't earn every Trophy, I somehow haven't truly gotten my money's worth.

And I'm from the "old generation" of console gamers. Back when developers actually put time and effort into making certain they're game was as perfect at release as it would ever get, 'cause there was no wide-spread internet, consoles weren't connected to it, and they couldn't just patch it after the fact. If a game hit shelves and it was a piece of shit, it would forever remain a piece of shit. So as a result, I'm just used to eating a shit sandwich every now and again. Figuratively speaking.

In my case it's more about getting more from my game really. Funny thing is that i'm on that mindset when I'm still not planning to get any trophy, so I don't recommend you getting any plat unless you want to get addicted XD

I have a slight OCD, I used to complete all my games to 100% when I was younger so that has carried over into my adult life. Now, I can show off how crazy I am with my games.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

So. That's Crysis 3 done and over with. Now I have three Ultra Rare Plats: Catherine, Puppeteer, and now this one.

Gonna go get something to eat, watch some TV, take the dog to the vet, and then ... *Levels his finger at XCOM: Enemy Unknown*

So. That's Crysis 3 done and over with. Now I have three Ultra Rare Plats: Catherine, Puppeteer, and now this one.

Gonna go get something to eat, watch some TV, take the dog to the vet, and then ... *Levels his finger at XCOM: Enemy Unknown*

Congrats mate :) XCOM should provide enough challenge. I'm working on Xillia 2 and possible Diablo 3 (all level 70 chars seems really time consuming though).

You should go for it. All Lv70 characters, I mean.

It'll give me time to catch up. XD

You should go for it. All Lv70 characters, I mean.

It'll give me time to catch up. XD

Depends i still have Xillia 2 to juggle with :) I can always wait for you especially now that i'm planning on my next char.