• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

noyram23

Trophy Hunters

341 posts in this topic

I still don't know if I'm going to get Destiny, honestly. I mean, I enjoyed the Beta, but I have too many PS3 games on backlog to add a MMO to the list. But if I get it for the PS4, by the time I'm finally done with the backlog and move on to the PS4, there won't be anyone except the hardcores playing it anymore.

Kinda the downside to it being an online-only game without any single-payer content.

I'm passing on it.  Too much of a time investment in a single game for me these days and trophy hunting that game would probably make that worse.  Hats off to the fellas who sally forth to claim that prize.

Current Destiny Trophy List (scroll finger at the ready)

become_legend.jpg?cv=3983621339&av=84576

Boy that is a hefty Trophy List for Destiny.

The list doesn't SOUND very intimidating, outside of that one for killing one of each class in PvP without dying, although considering some of the upgrades to the class specific specials it's at least doable.

But then again, how it sounds and how it is are two very different things.

The list doesn't SOUND very intimidating, outside of that one for killing one of each class in PvP without dying, although considering some of the upgrades to the class specific specials it's at least doable.

But then again, how it sounds and how it is are two very different things.

Agree, their aren't really that many scary Trophies in here. Just some that will just take time. More of a grind feel for it, with the whole kill 100 of each class in PvP.

Agree, their aren't really that many scary Trophies in here. Just some that will just take time. More of a grind feel for it, with the whole kill 100 of each class in PvP.

Depends how good you are in PvP, really.

I mean, if you're up against 6 Titans in a single match, and you kill each of them four times, you're 1/4th of the way there in about ... What is it? Ten minutes?

The hardest part would be if one class is determined to be underpowered and nobody uses it.

The Max Crucible, Max Vangard, and 25 Heavy Kills in PvP sound like the most intimidating.

But with Crucible and Vanguard you have a full week to get there. If you focused on nothing else during that week? I could see it easily.

25 Heavy Kills though ... 'Cause everyone's going to be running for that Heavy Ammo once it drops, and every time you miss ...

I still don't know if I'm going to get Destiny, honestly. I mean, I enjoyed the Beta, but I have too many PS3 games on backlog to add a MMO to the list. But if I get it for the PS4, by the time I'm finally done with the backlog and move on to the PS4, there won't be anyone except the hardcores playing it anymore.

Kinda the downside to it being an online-only game without any single-payer content.

Bungie have said that by the time you finish playing through the campaign content you should be nearly level 20. Aside from the strikes which I don't think are mandatory to progress with the story you can do it as a single player. After that it'll just be about getting the better gear. I don't think you'll be too worse off if you left it a year. They did say they plan on making it a decade long game. We'll just have to see if it's popularity holds up that long.

Bungie have said that by the time you finish playing through the campaign content you should be nearly level 20. Aside from the strikes which I don't think are mandatory to progress with the story you can do it as a single player. After that it'll just be about getting the better gear. I don't think you'll be too worse off if you left it a year. They did say they plan on making it a decade long game. We'll just have to see if it's popularity holds up that long.

Judging from other console games I've played? Not even close.

Then again, none of those were MMOs.

I don't like double-posting.

This? This is worth a double-post.

Finished Arcade Mode with all 20 characters in All-Stars.

First Online Match? Got the First Kill and Triple Kill Trophies simultaneously.

Final score against two Rank 30s and a Rank60+? 13 Kills, 1 Death. Got the Trophy for competing in an Online Match and for Winning an Online Match at the same time.

Second Online Match was a 2v2. My final use of a Super was Lv3 and killed both opposing players at the same time for the Team Sweeper Trophy.

Final Score for their team was a 2k-3d and a 1k-3d.

My ally? 0k-3d.

Me? 6k-0d.

This is Living Trophy obtained.

So now all I need for the Plat is a Versus match against someone from my friendlist.

Any takers? I promise I won't slaughter you.

Too badly.

Edit: Thanks to one Capnstubing, I now have a shiny new Plat.

I don't like double-posting.

This? This is worth a double-post.

Finished Arcade Mode with all 20 characters in All-Stars.

First Online Match? Got the First Kill and Triple Kill Trophies simultaneously.

Final score against two Rank 30s and a Rank60+? 13 Kills, 1 Death. Got the Trophy for competing in an Online Match and for Winning an Online Match at the same time.

Second Online Match was a 2v2. My final use of a Super was Lv3 and killed both opposing players at the same time for the Team Sweeper Trophy.

Final Score for their team was a 2k-3d and a 1k-3d.

My ally? 0k-3d.

Me? 6k-0d.

This is Living Trophy obtained.

So now all I need for the Plat is a Versus match against someone from my friendlist.

Any takers? I promise I won't slaughter you.

Too badly.

Edit: Thanks to one Capnstubing, I now have a shiny new Plat.

Oh nice, what character did you use for triple kill? it's pretty hard to find a match on my end.

Oh nice, what character did you use for triple kill? it's pretty hard to find a match on my end.

Your Country end, or Vita end?

Heihatchi. His Lv2 is vicious.

That bear just runs around slaughtering EVERYTHING, and it lasts long enough to theoretically kill every opponent twice.

Or you could just use his Lv3, which kills every opponent all at once. But it's harder to get to Lv3 than Lv2, doing so would give your opponent more of an opening, ect.

I used him to get all of my online Trophies, actually. Mash Square for AP, use his Lv2, repeat.

I had trouble finding a match that had all 3 players stay or the host not drop.  It was two hours worth of that garbage.  Glad it's done.

I had trouble finding a match that had all 3 players stay or the host not drop.  It was two hours worth of that garbage.  Glad it's done.

It took me three matches not counting the Versus one.

The first match, the host dropped when he saw a Rank 999 Raiden present.

The one FFA and the one 2v2 took less than 10 minutes total.

I'd have stayed around and helped, if I knew it would make any difference.

Did you do all ranked match queue?  I did the one required ranked match(beat a couple of 900+ raidens) and got a full match first try, but i didn't have as good of luck with the quick matches.

Did you do all ranked match queue?  I did the one required ranked match(beat a couple of 900+ raidens) and got a full match first try, but i didn't have as good of luck with the quick matches.

I did Ranked for the FFA match, and quick match for the 2v2.

The specific search I did for 2v2 was just that and kill limit, left everything else as default or any.

It's easier to go a full match without dying if you have one less person trying to kill you / one more person helping you, and if the match can be completed as quickly as possible rather than running a full 3mins.

Null likes this

It's easier to go a full match without dying if you have one less person trying to kill you / one more person helping you, and if the match can be completed as quickly as possible rather than running a full 3mins.

Never thought to do that.  I ended up getting the trophy during a timed battle. Hopping around from one side of the map to the other in classic Smash Bros. turtling style.

Never thought to do that.  I ended up getting the trophy during a timed battle. Hopping around from one side of the map to the other in classic Smash Bros. turtling style.

Oh the hatemail you must have gotten after that match. XD

heh the poor sap in the match that reminded me that the trophy existed wasn't quite as lucky as me.  So much QQ. >: )

Granted I'd be pissed too. I just wouldn't bother other people over it. We're all trying to do the same shit, right?

Indeed.  That's online trophies for you.  Putting your trophy success in the hands of strangers is like playing a one dollar scratcher.  Hit and Miss, mostly miss.

Indeed.  That's online trophies for you.  Putting your trophy success in the hands of strangers is like playing a one dollar scratcher.  Hit and Miss, mostly miss.

Online trophies tend to be the worst though, even before you take other players into consideration.

Like that one Gold in DoA5 for playing 1000 matches online. I still shudder thinking how long that damn thing took me.

Online trophies tend to be the worst though, even before you take other players into consideration.

Like that one Gold in DoA5 for playing 1000 matches online. I still shudder thinking how long that damn thing took me.

Wow and I thought the Fight 100 online battles in SFxT was bad, but 1000 just sounds torturous.  

Vita games and Ad Hoc are even worse than online in my book.  SFxT and Dynasty Warriors Next both have trophy requirements that need you to play with a friend via Ad Hoc.  The trophies themselves are simple, but finding a person near you with the same game and a vita is the hard part.  They need to make an E-Harmony for VIta owners.

Your Country end, or Vita end?

Heihatchi. His Lv2 is vicious.

That bear just runs around slaughtering EVERYTHING, and it lasts long enough to theoretically kill every opponent twice.

Or you could just use his Lv3, which kills every opponent all at once. But it's harder to get to Lv3 than Lv2, doing so would give your opponent more of an opening, ect.

I used him to get all of my online Trophies, actually. Mash Square for AP, use his Lv2, repeat.

On Vita's end, I haven't tried the PS3 version but I think it will be the same. Oh well we could always watch a netflix or something. I been using Heihachi but I'm having a hard time using the level 2, does Kuma moves on it's own?

Wow and I thought the Fight 100 online battles in SFxT was bad, but 1000 just sounds torturous.  

Vita games and Ad Hoc are even worse than online in my book.  SFxT and Dynasty Warriors Next both have trophy requirements that need you to play with a friend via Ad Hoc.  The trophies themselves are simple, but finding a person near you with the same game and a vita is the hard part.  They need to make an E-Harmony for VIta owners.

Oh, it was. Add to that number the sheer number of quitters there were.

If you won all the time, they'd quit.

If you lost all the time, they'd quit.

If you're afk, just letting people wail away at you just to get done with the damnable thing, they'd quit.

I found maybe two or three people who just played the damn game with me a few hours apiece, and at the end of each they thanked me for playing with them and not running off just because it got "boring." 

That's how bad it was. People THANKED YOU for NOT quitting all the time. That's just sad.

... Who makes these decisions? I'll add ad hoc to my list of things that shouldn't exist in this day and age, right alongside couch co-op and rail shooters. >.>

On Vita's end, I haven't tried the PS3 version but I think it will be the same. Oh well we could always watch a netflix or something. I been using Heihachi but I'm having a hard time using the level 2, does Kuma moves on it's own?

He might not. My gut instinct was always to move Heihachi past the target I wanted Kuma to kill, so I don't know what happens if you just stand still with him.

Oh, it was. Add to that number the sheer number of quitters there were.

If you won all the time, they'd quit.

If you lost all the time, they'd quit.

If you're afk, just letting people wail away at you just to get done with the damnable thing, they'd quit.

I found maybe two or three people who just played the damn game with me a few hours apiece, and at the end of each they thanked me for playing with them and not running off just because it got "boring." 

That's how bad it was. People THANKED YOU for NOT quitting all the time. That's just sad.

... Who makes these decisions? I'll add ad hoc to my list of things that shouldn't exist in this day and age, right alongside couch co-op and rail shooters. >.>

Man that is just sad. That's why I hate mp trophies (adhoc too by extent) since you're dependent on community, which is often than not gone around 3 months after the game. 

Man that is just sad. That's why I hate mp trophies (adhoc too by extent) since you're dependent on community, which is often than not gone around 3 months after the game. 

In a way, that's also a positive side to PS+.

When a game goes up for free, the MP spikes enough to get the Trophies and get out.