• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Phoxly

GIVE ME SOME GAMES!

24 posts in this topic

Hey, AJSA, I've been a community member here for quite a while, but I'm bored out of my mind right now.

Bottom line is; I need some games to play.

I just finished playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii because I heard about the new Xenoblade game coming to the Wii U some time next year.

Welp, I had a good time, but it's over and now I'm bored. 

I'm sure you guys could help me out.

What are some games you guys could tell me about to cure my boredom? 

Just a few games that I have played in the past and really enjoyed. All the links are to videos of me playing to give you an idea but personally, been playing the hell out of Darkwood and Divinity Original Sin. Without knowing what you enjoy and only going off of Xenoblade, went wide in the net haha.

PC 

1. Darkwood - Darkwood is a game about survival, exploration and fear, set in mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. It is a top-down, free-roam, surreal horror experience with a randomized world, taking cues from classic games, where oftentimes you had to figure things out for yourself. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience. 
  2. The Hidden: Source - In the early 1950s human genetics experimentation was taking its first, tentative steps. Amongst many other black projects, a team of British scientists working at an Infinitum Research experimental station stumbled across some remarkable phenomena involving DNA manipulation. This led to deeper research with dangerously unpredictable results, often leading to human patients losing their lives in irresponsible and immoral experiments.
  3. Southpark Stick of Truth - For a thousand years, the battle has been waged. The sole reason humans and elves are locked in a neverending war: The Stick of Truth. But the tides of war are soon to change as word of a new kid spreads throughout the land, his coming fortold by the stars. As the moving vans of prophecy drive away, your adventure begins.
  4. Betrayer - Betrayer is a first person action adventure game that takes you to the New World at the turn of the 17th century.
  5. Volgarr the Viking - Remember when games were tough? Return to the Golden Age of arcades with an all-NEW hardcore action experience that pulls no punches. Volgarr the Viking possesses all the hallmarks of the true classics - simple controls, high challenge, and meticulous design - combined with hand-made pixel animation, an epic soundtrack, and buckets of blood. Flex your gaming muscles and step into the arena with Volgarr the Viking. We dare you.
  6. Blackguards - What happens when the only hope of a threatened world lies not with heroes in shining armor, but in the hands of a band of misfits and criminals?
  7. CubeWorld - A voxel-based exploration RPG project. In the game, players can embark on adventure-RPG quests alone or with other online players.
  8. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Set in a gothic-noir universe resembling a fantastical 19th century Europe filled with monsters, magic, and weird technology, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing will follow the son of the famed hunter, known in-game as Van Helsing, in a tale wrought with wry humor and snappy dialogue. Van Helsing, a larger-than-life hero possessing a dark yet romantic charm, will follow his path to the dismal land of Borgovia where former supernatural foes have enlisted his help to defeat a new scourge terrorizing the ravaged city.
  9. Paper Sorcerer - A powerful sorcerer is on the cusp of dominating the land. A group of heroes bands together and seals him away inside a magical tome. Now as the sorcerer you must escape from this ancient prison and find a way to regain your magical powers using your wits and an array of summonable creatures to aid you. There may be more powerful forces at work as you navigate the dungeons and fight the heroes sent to subdue you... 

Paper Sorcerer is a stylish single player turn based RPG focused on strategy, party-building, and environmental puzzles. Fight with the skills and spells you've learned in a battle system that emphasizes strategy over grinding. Assemble a party of monsters and dark creatures to fight alongside you. Explore and solve environmental puzzles to unlock secret paths and find extra loot! A double-sided adventure, an RPG with adventure game elements

Just a few games that I have played in the past and really enjoyed. All the links are to videos of me playing to give you an idea but personally, been playing the hell out of Darkwood and Divinity Original Sin. Without knowing what you enjoy and only going off of Xenoblade, went wide in the net haha.

PC 

1. Darkwood - Darkwood is a game about survival, exploration and fear, set in mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. It is a top-down, free-roam, surreal horror experience with a randomized world, taking cues from classic games, where oftentimes you had to figure things out for yourself. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience. 
  2. The Hidden: Source - In the early 1950s human genetics experimentation was taking its first, tentative steps. Amongst many other black projects, a team of British scientists working at an Infinitum Research experimental station stumbled across some remarkable phenomena involving DNA manipulation. This led to deeper research with dangerously unpredictable results, often leading to human patients losing their lives in irresponsible and immoral experiments.
  3. Southpark Stick of Truth - For a thousand years, the battle has been waged. The sole reason humans and elves are locked in a neverending war: The Stick of Truth. But the tides of war are soon to change as word of a new kid spreads throughout the land, his coming fortold by the stars. As the moving vans of prophecy drive away, your adventure begins.
  4. Betrayer - Betrayer is a first person action adventure game that takes you to the New World at the turn of the 17th century.
  5. Volgarr the Viking - Remember when games were tough? Return to the Golden Age of arcades with an all-NEW hardcore action experience that pulls no punches. Volgarr the Viking possesses all the hallmarks of the true classics - simple controls, high challenge, and meticulous design - combined with hand-made pixel animation, an epic soundtrack, and buckets of blood. Flex your gaming muscles and step into the arena with Volgarr the Viking. We dare you.
  6. Blackguards - What happens when the only hope of a threatened world lies not with heroes in shining armor, but in the hands of a band of misfits and criminals?
  7. CubeWorld - A voxel-based exploration RPG project. In the game, players can embark on adventure-RPG quests alone or with other online players.
  8. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Set in a gothic-noir universe resembling a fantastical 19th century Europe filled with monsters, magic, and weird technology, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing will follow the son of the famed hunter, known in-game as Van Helsing, in a tale wrought with wry humor and snappy dialogue. Van Helsing, a larger-than-life hero possessing a dark yet romantic charm, will follow his path to the dismal land of Borgovia where former supernatural foes have enlisted his help to defeat a new scourge terrorizing the ravaged city.
  9. Paper Sorcerer - A powerful sorcerer is on the cusp of dominating the land. A group of heroes bands together and seals him away inside a magical tome. Now as the sorcerer you must escape from this ancient prison and find a way to regain your magical powers using your wits and an array of summonable creatures to aid you. There may be more powerful forces at work as you navigate the dungeons and fight the heroes sent to subdue you... 

Paper Sorcerer is a stylish single player turn based RPG focused on strategy, party-building, and environmental puzzles. Fight with the skills and spells you've learned in a battle system that emphasizes strategy over grinding. Assemble a party of monsters and dark creatures to fight alongside you. Explore and solve environmental puzzles to unlock secret paths and find extra loot! A double-sided adventure, an RPG with adventure game elements

Thanks for the list! 

I own and have played Cube World, The Hidden, and South Park The Stick of Truth.

I'll be looking up the rest when I have time to really check them out

Don't know what you usually like but I made a thread yesterday about some games currently on sale here. I would definitely recommend Bastion, The Walking Dead, and X-Com Enemy Unknown. Borderlands 2 is also great if you have people to play it with.

Gone too and Dyzzles like this

Guise of the Wolf

Someone might take you seriously on that man! I actually saw it in a indie bundle last week, so sad...

Someone might take you seriously on that man! I actually saw it in a indie bundle last week, so sad...

What makes you think I'm not being serious?

On a not so serious note:

If you like reading, Jupiter's Knot is a good visual novel. Short but sweet. And Free.

Same guys who did that also made something on Steam, Dysfuctional systems. Part two is in the works. Not free.

Good reads.

You can also just get Cry of Fear, crank up the volume and experience 1st person Silent Hill. Is free.

If you like jrpgs, a few good 'murican spoofs are Cthulu saves the world, Breath of Death VII, and I think Saturday Morning RPG (more 80's as fuck then japanese(and research before you buy, not for everyone)).

There's also Septerra Cora. Old. But great. Hint, healing kills undead. Took me forever to figure that one out.

You may enjoy the Tales series. Tales of Vesperia, Phantasia, etc etc.

There's also Final Fantasy Dissidia. Great combat.

As for wii, The Last Story from what I hear is okay. And there's the No More Heroes series. Which is great and fun.

And you can always get started on Demon/Dark souls. Or Dragon's Dogma. Easily sink in hours. Or you can play Nier, which is gut wrenchingly sad and incredible (you're gonna have to play it about 2 play throughs worth for the full experience).

As you may tell, I'm product pushing like an annoying salesman. Great games.

If you have a 360, some indie games you can get cheaper on there than Steam are Magicians and Looters, Proxy Blade Zero, Cthulu/Breath o' deth, And Deadpixels, holy crap that's worth the dollar. And there's Super Amazing Wagon Adventure, Techno Kitten Adventure, Bleed, and a few others I don't remember.

If you have a PS3 you might try these series:

God of War (All 6 games are available thanks to God of War Saga)

Infamous

Uncharted

Also you can't go wrong with Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, Saints Row 3 and/or 4 and titles similar in genre.

It's been in about 4 so far that I've seen

You don't know what you asked for.. But here it is. Say goodbye to your life. I do try to avoid most recent high profile games assuming you already know or have played them.

• Awesomenauts
  • Dark Souls 
  • The Cat Lady
  • Dungeon Siege 2
  • Shogun: Total War 2
  • FTL
  • Risk of Rain
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Dungeons Of Dredmore
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (It's arguably the best in the series.)
  • The Witcher 2
  • Starcraft 2
  • Civilization 2, 4 or 5 (2nd one is my favorite one, although it's quite old by now. I guess it's nostalgia so feel free to choose.)
  • Shank 2
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Terraria
  • The wolf Among us
  • The walking dead
  • Empire Earth
  • Warcraft 3
  • Mount and Blade Warband
  • Osu!
  • Path of Exile
  • Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Brutal Legend
  • Diablo 2
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Morrowind
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Torchlight 2
  • Unholy Heights
  • Soldiers of Fortune 2 (A fun old FPS. Great multiplayer, which is still alive.)
  • One Finger Death Punch
  • Dark GunZ (Only touch this game if you're ready to die.. A lot. And then learn from others. Requires a ton of learning and stuff so that you can be a keyboard warrior on the level of God. The main game got closed down to make room for GunZ 2, but the original is where it's at.)
  • Split/Second
  • NFS: Most Wanted (Old one.)
  • Blood Bowl

Pretty sure there's some games there that you haven't played yet. :D

Ixnatifual likes this

I only play PC so I'll throw some PC games out there.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Starcraft 2

Bioshock Trilogy

F.E.A.R trilogy

Stalker: The Shadow of Chernobyl and the other ones

Diablo 2

Darksiders 1 & 2

Alan Wake

Outlast

Amnesia: The Dark descent

Torchlight 1 & 2

Metro 2033 & Last Light or The Redux edition (Remake)

Singularity

Trine 1 & 2

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Divinity 2: Directors Cut

Divinity: Original Sin

Witcher 1 & 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

a few recommendations i can think of. if you like difficult platformers, you should definitely check out super meat boy on steam and xbox360. easy to learn, EXTREMELY hard to master.

you should also check out the bit.trip franchise. its a difficult series of rythem games and each one plays its own way, and their all on steam for about 10 bucks each. 

and if you are an RPG fan, you should check out one of my favorite games of all time, earthbound. which was an SNES game but is also on the wii u virtual console. its battle system is very simplistic but the game really excels in its story and writing and is definitely worth playing through

and lastly, if you haven't played these games already, you should check out the famouse stealth action franchise, metal gear solid. great story, great gameplay. nuff said.

get the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy. Install mods like Complete Mod, Sigerous mod and some others, and have fun in a postapocalyptic world where you never feel safe or secure.

I can gift you HAlf Life 2 and Half life2 Episode one via Steam if you want.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/keefy

I appreciate it, but I have already played Half life 2.

Plus I wouldn't feel right about taking someone else's game like that :P

Thanks anyway though!

The Rance series is fun, you should start with Sengoku Rance since it's pretty much standalone from the other games and have the best gameplay. The soundtrack is pretty awesome and you never get tired of building your heroic harem, one girl at the time. B)

The Rance series is fun, you should start with Sengoku Rance since it's pretty much standalone from the other games and have the best gameplay. The soundtrack is pretty awesome and you never get tired of building your heroic harem, one girl at the time. B)

So I hope you checked out his profile before he recommending an hentai game which includes rape (Thankfully he seems to be 21 years old.)...  Just saying, I don't think it's a proper game to recommend in general chat where everyone can read the messages. :/

Though it IS a good game. 

So I hope you checked out his profile before he recommending an hentai game which includes rape (Thankfully he seems to be 21 years old.)...  Just saying, I don't think it's a proper game to recommend in general chat where everyone can read the messages. :/

Though it IS a good game. 

He asked for fun games and the Rance series is fun, most of the earlier games are freeware now which is great. Most people that complain about the games seem to not be able to get over the fact that the main character is kind of an ass.

He asked for fun games and the Rance series is fun, most of the earlier games are freeware now which is great. Most people that complain about the games seem to not be able to get over the fact that the main character is kind of an ass.

And the rance series also has sex and rape in it. So I don't think that it's a good idea to post that kind of stuff in general chat where minors can also read.

And the rance series also has sex and rape in it. So I don't think that it's a good idea to post that kind of stuff in general chat where minors can also read.

I started to play the games when I was a minor. I have a lot of good memories with that series.

Dark souls

Spec Ops: The Line

Yeah, only if you feel like you absolutely need to feel terrible about your choices in life and the person you are.

I recommend the Mass Effect trilogy. A huge, ever expanding universe with some of the best written characters in gaming.

And then I'd recommend playing Dragon Age: Origins. Bit of an old school RPG, but hey, it's really good.

Also, if you don't mind playing some older games, and happen to kind of like Star Wars - play KOTOR and KOTOR 2:TSL

Goddamn, I only now noticed all of these are BioWare games. Ah well.

Also the Halo singleplayers, fun stuff. Hmm, ooh ooh, The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings is freaking awesome.

If you aren't afraid of a steep learning curve and are looking to join something huge, give Dota 2 a shot.

I don't really have anything else off the top of my mind.

OH WAIT, THE HALF-LIFE GAMES. HOLY CRAP HOW DID I ALMOST FORGET THOSE. Oh right, it *has* been seven years since the last one.