• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

TMNT beats Guardians of the Galaxy at the box office.

12 posts in this topic

http://ap.ign.com/m/en/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014/74636/news/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dethrones-guardians-o

http://m.deadline.com/2014/08/international-box-office-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-into-the-storm-inbetweeners-guardians-galaxy/

Thankfully Guardians of the Galaxy made $300 million worldwide while TMNT only makes $94, although TMNT opens a week after Guardians and I am expecting it to make more than Guardians. Hopefully not. I am baffled that people actually want to watch TMNT and beats Guardians, a much superior movie, at the box office. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? Does Michael Bay has a mind control charm that I don't know about??

Terrible movies beating good ones at the Box Office is nothing new.

How to Train your Dragon 2 lost to 22 Suck Street, and those were on the same weekend. 

TMNT is already set to break profit! And next week is a sleeper.

The other problem I think is that while a lot of people hate Michael Bay's movies (even though Jonathan Liebesman directed this one) they still go see them (sadly myself included because Age of Extinction). The reason for this is that people (again, myself included) go see them just to see how bad they are and to either a. rage at it or b. laugh at its terribleness (I sadly fell into a while hoping to be in B). The only way to stop him from ever making movies is for people to stop going to see his movies. The only way to kill Bayformers and to stop future Turtle movies to have his mark is to just stop going to see them. But people won't because god forbid if we admit we're the problem too.

The other problem I think is that while a lot of people hate Michael Bay's movies (even though Jonathan Liebesman directed this one) they still go see them (sadly myself included because Age of Extinction). The reason for this is that people (again, myself included) go see them just to see how bad they are and to either a. rage at it or b. laugh at its terribleness (I sadly fell into a while hoping to be in B). The only way to stop him from ever making movies is for people to stop going to see his movies. The only way to kill Bayformers and to stop future Turtle movies to have his mark is to just stop going to see them. But people won't because god forbid if we admit we're the problem too.

I watched Age of Extinction because Mark fucking Wahlberg. And I left the theater knowing that my money is well spent.

At least Bay knows he's making sh!t, and he just says "fuck it". You can't say the same about directors like Ulli Lommel, Uwe Boll, Roland Emmerich, and Brett Ratner.

I'm not watching the new TMNT movie because I'm not a TMNT fan, even though I did see the Jim Henson movie back in the 90s.

dude, its because everybody loves the turtles. it has nothing to do with it being a good movie or not. when that piece of shit "Dragon Ball Evolution" came out, i KNEW it might blow ass but i watched it anyway because i'm a huge DBZ fan. its the same thing with TMNT. people are going to go watch it because they love the turtles, say "this movie blows" and walk away disappointed. THAT is the genius of michael bay, exploiting the things you love.

Hm, so the main reason that this movie is high in the box office..... is because people hate the movie so much that they just watch it to make fun of it? So it's like Twilight. I am now afraid for humanity. I won't watch TMNT until it's on national TV. I won't give Bay any money.

Oh BTW I just watched Transformers 4. It's an ok movie, not the worst movie I have seen this year. There's cool moments in the movie, but I am so sick of the slow motions and explosions at this point that I won't watch the fifth one at all on theater. You all should not watch it or else you'll give money to a money whore that doesn't deserve it. But oh who are we kidding, IT WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. Bay will keep making billions and no one can do anything about it. Unless he dies by mysterious circumstances or during exploding 100 things in point blank range.