• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Steam might be turning into the next nextflix soon

15 posts in this topic

In what way? are we saying they're going to start hosting web vids like YT?

If so, i wasn't aware they had those kinds of resources.

Speaking of Steam, Depression Quest is under new releases today...

Man...

If so, i wasn't aware they had those kinds of resources.

Valve has alot of money and plenty of resources just sitting around. 

They do already sell both movies and music on steam.... so what does this prove? They might be doing series too? We need an official statement. At least in my opinion.

That's... kinda cool, actually. I don't know if I'd watch anything off of Steam myself (although I did watch Free to Play), but it's good to see them branching out.

As long as they're not the only company in the market it should be fine. Else Steam's gonna become something similar to Skynet (kinda like Google already is).

Puntosmx likes this

I'm waiting for Steam to release an anime channel that dedicates to air uncut versions of every Anime that butchered by 4kids.

Puntosmx likes this

Steam already is ranked like 3rd in the world for bandwidth usage... it does make sense though and the consoles have been doing this since years ago.

As said, they have already sold videos on steam. If you recall awhile back, one was even on the front page highlight for awhile, that video documentary about indie video game developers or whatever.

if valve made steam also like netflix, so... all the games we have, are going to have, and a sub offer to watch movies just like netflix without reigon restrictions, i.e. everyone in the world gets the same movies / series on steam... then yes, i would cancel my netflix and go with steam.

That said, given that steam was bork from too much traffic for the first day or two of the big summer sale, I don't think we're going to be streaming movies from it anytime soon.

Steam is becoming an unrecognizable shithole...

I'm waiting for Steam to release an anime channel that dedicates to air uncut versions of every Anime that butchered by 4kids.

Usually uncut/ uncensored anime is only available on BD releases which come out some time after the series end. There used to be different channels that aired cut/ censored or uncut/ uncensored versions (I reckon the stations themselves edited them), but as of late it supposedly doesn't happen anymore.