• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SXE4Rev

What Console/System to invest in

Help Me decide   41 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I choose?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

60 posts in this topic

So, with the plentiful options to game on I'm in a difficult situation. I have a dilemma over what I should invest in: PlayStation 3 or 4, XBOX 360 or ONE, or PC.

I've been Sony loyal since the PS1 but I'm willing to walk a different path or stay on course.

My question for you folks, which of these 5 should I buy and invest my time/money in?

The current gen of consoles have very limited amount of games available while past gen has far more.

So basically PC and a PS3?

The price of a good PC never decreases, but a console does, so if you can afford a PC go with that and then pick up the consoles in a few years when they're on the cheap.

Gone too likes this

I have all the consoles, including the Nintendo WII U.

I'd suggest you buy a PS3 and make a good PC config. The PS3 has a massive library of exclusives that sets itself apart from the new-gen, which still has almost no games. And even the ones it has, most of them are either ports or you can play them on the PC.

If you could choose just one? Hmmz..I'd have to go with PC. Steam Summer / Winter sales are massive, you can save an incredible amount of cash on games with bundles and stuff. Sure, you can buy console games, play them then sale them but it's too much of a hassle / you can't find a buyer.

It really depends on your budget, and preferences.

If you can afford a solid gaming PC, go for that. If not, it comes down to which exclusives you prefer. Playstation have more, but a lot of them are Indies and JPRGS, which aren't always for everyone. Xbox doesn't have as many, but they're more mainstream but still very fun and entertaining, occasionally thrilling too.

Sure the Next Gens don't have much of a library now, but of course their libraries will grow, and eventually you might have to get one anyway.

SXE4Rev and Puntosmx like this

I always see the PC as a great choice because it can do A LOT of other things then just games. It is because of its role to more than just games that puts the PC in a more important role than say a console. There are practically endless games and programs for a PC and while consoles have many features they are in fact limited at a point. 

It really depends on the games you like to play. PC has all genres and the best viduals and performance, plus mods for games which can turn an old one into an almost entirely new game.

For consoles, it depends on which exclusives you like best. I went with xbox 360 because I personally found their exclusives to interest me more and all my friends had it, and same with xbox one.

So ask yourself:

What types of games do I like?

Which exclusives look more interesting/fun?

Will I be able to play with real world friends?

Those 3 should help give you a good idea of what would be best for you, assuming budget isn't a constraint.

Berserker likes this

I'd completely reccomend getting a nice gaming PC.
Even a low-budget one that's competitive with the console pricepoint will allow you to play virtually any game at nice framerate and graphical settings.
Also, the people at Tech&Troubleshooting subforum can help you find something good for your budget.

The new-gen consoles still have few games, and they may release better versions (eg: larger internal HDDs) in the future.
In a couple years the games library might be large enough to become an attractive option, and the earlier games should be quite chaper than right now.
Also, consider that both PS4 and Xbone charge for their internet connections (PS4 has a free, limited option).

When that time comes, I'd suggest PS4.
- Has better hardware.
- Wasn't deceptive with always-online, forced-DRM and bullshit peripherals.
- Is not a voice-activated TV remote with gaming capability.
- Has more variety of game types in exclusives.

I want to say PC, because what ever specs you had won't have to be updated for new games where as the consoles require constant fixes and exclusives to next gen consoles. (Thinking long term). Plus pc has the most free content out there and multiple ways to communicate with friends.

Glaice likes this

You should invest in the Wii U/3DS

Recoveryanonymous, Null and Arch like this

Join us PC master race, feel the raw power  of  PC gaming!

Glaice likes this

Well if all of you feel so strongly about it Just worried about how to use & control a PC game that doesn't have Controller Support. Can't be too hard right?

Well if all of you feel so strongly about it Just worried about how to use & control a PC game that doesn't have Controller Support. Can't be too hard right?

Well, it all depends on the game.

Many of us find aiming with a mouse much precise than using a controller.

Getting used to the keyboard might take a while, but you'll find having lots of keys around has some benefits at times. It gets messy otherwise.

Also, there are these gaming mice with extra buttons.... never had one, but they look pweety.

On the other hand, controls for PC are nice now... there are PS3-compatible controls that also work directly on the PC, and 360 controls are compatible by default too. Also, driving and flight controls and pedals..... and people even use Wii remotes through bluetooth.....

PC and PS4

Even if consoles can somehow manage to play games at the same level as PC through dark magic or something, PC still has the advantage of cheaper games and faster internet browsing. Xbone wants to be a one stop entertainment station? PC has been one for years.

PSN on my PlayStation 3 is down right, can ya believe it Can't watch my Netflix in peace. Do any of y'all recommend a purchase of Alienware X51 with 8GB for $899? I'm really starting to side with PC here

. Do any of y'all recommend a purchase of Alienware X51 with 8GB for $899? I'm really starting to side with PC here

Absolutely  NOT , You can build a cheaper PC that would be much more stronger than a Alienware X51 and Building a PC wuld save you money, learning how to Build a PC  is important if your gonna go for desktop gaming PC's that way you know how to take apart Stuff and keeping it clean from Dust or just replacing a more powerful  replacement computer components.

Puntosmx likes this