• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SXE4Rev

Guild Wars 2....to buy, or not to buy

10 posts in this topic

So, Angry Army, as I'm sure you guys/gals are aware there is this special going on Guild Wars 2 which is a 50% off on the Heroic & Deluxe editions of the game, albeit I don't have a PC yet but I do plan on it I reaaaally want to purchase GW2 before the special expires. Do you guys think I should go with either the Heroic or Deluxe version? Either one is fine with me

So, Angry Army, as I'm sure you guys/gals are aware there is this special going on Guild Wars 2 which is a 50% off on the Heroic & Deluxe editions of the game, albeit I don't have a PC yet but I do plan on it I reaaaally want to purchase GW2 before the special expires. Do you guys think I should go with either the Heroic or Deluxe version? Either one is fine with me

Do you like PvP in MMO's? If so this game is for you its not mainly focused on PvE much and gearing up is abit too easy  therefore it balances the game alot for PvP  and it all depends on your skills, the world in GW2 is stunning i still haven't fully explored it yet and its hell alot of fun to play while Questing, you need to also choose your  Class/Profesion wisely that suits your play style.

Do you like PvP in MMO's? If so this game is for you its not mainly focused on PvE much and gearing up is abit too easy  therefore it balances the game alot for PvP  and it all depends on your skills, the world in GW2 is stunning i still haven't fully explored it yet and its hell alot of fun to play while Questing, you need to also choose your  Class/Profesion wisely that suits your play style.

I don't quite agree with GW2 being mostly PvP. It has a great PvE experience as well. Roaming around the PvE ground and participating in many random world events is real fun too. There are many dungeones to choose from as well, it's just that they all became repetitive for veteran players, but they are still fun to play for new people.

Generally, in my poinion, it's a game absolutely worth buying in either case if you're PvP or PvE player.

Guysss... He was asking if he should buy Deluxe or Heroic Edition.. not if he should buy it at all! >:|
Ok imma do a list for you:
Heroic:

1. Guild Wars 2 game 
  2. Suit of Legacy Armor* - yay when you dont have anything better (it's just an armor skin)
  3. Mithril Box* - kinda yay
  4. 10 Experience Boosters* - yays (now you can even convert it to another booster what makes it even more yay!)

Deluxe :

1. Guild Wars 2 game
  2. Suit of Legacy Armor* - in Heroic as well
  3. Mithril Box* - Heroic
  4. 10 Experience Boosters* - Heroic
  5. Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill* - Useless, noone ever uses it.
  6. Miniature Rytlock* - yeah.. is it really worth it? you will probably forget about it anyway
  7. Golem Banker* - THE ONLY GOOD THING IN DELUXE > good for a special key farming (note: it's an item that lets you access your bank anywhere you want instantly but lasts only for 2 weeks after 1st use)
  8. Chalice of Glory* - totally worthless
  9. Tome of Influence* - worthless as well

I have the Deluxe version but yeah only the Golem Banker is a thing that I still see useful.

Ysnar and Beatmaster A.C. like this

Haha thanks Officer Okito, I suppose by your levels of "yay" deluxe is only better for the golem but its temporary, I'll go with the Heroic then Thanks guys

Haha thanks Officer Okito, I suppose by your levels of "yay" deluxe is only better for the golem but its temporary,

You get a golem each time you create a new character but it's bound to this character and expires after 2 weeks after first use

I'd also like to mention that all these items can be purchased in the game store with "gems", the payed currency. Additionally gems can be exchanged for in-game money and vice versa.

Guysss... He was asking if he should buy Deluxe or Heroic Edition.. not if he should buy it at all! >:|

Ok imma do a list for you:

Heroic:

1. Guild Wars 2 game 
  2. Suit of Legacy Armor* - yay when you dont have anything better (it's just an armor skin)
  3. Mithril Box* - kinda yay
  4. 10 Experience Boosters* - yays (now you can even convert it to another booster what makes it even more yay!)

Deluxe :

1. Guild Wars 2 game
  2. Suit of Legacy Armor* - in Heroic as well
  3. Mithril Box* - Heroic
  4. 10 Experience Boosters* - Heroic
  5. Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill* - Useless, noone ever uses it.
  6. Miniature Rytlock* - yeah.. is it really worth it? you will probably forget about it anyway
  7. Golem Banker* - THE ONLY GOOD THING IN DELUXE > good for a special key farming (note: it's an item that lets you access your bank anywhere you want instantly but lasts only for 2 weeks after 1st use)
  8. Chalice of Glory* - totally worthless
  9. Tome of Influence* - worthless as well

I have the Deluxe version but yeah only the Golem Banker is a thing that I still see useful.

wow, i couldn't immagine that both versions of the game have almost useless stuff. I was saving and farimg in-game Gold and change it later to Diamonds to upgrade my base Game to the digital Deluxe Edition...but now...yeah i think ill save the Gold for the 6th Char Slot, more Bank Slots and those indestructable tools (pick, axe and sickle)

okito likes this

I have played since pre-launch:

PvE - It is poor. The dungeons are boring and easy. People use glitches, exploits (such as FGS...) to beat them as fast as possible because the bosses and mobs are terrible designed. You go zerker or you are a waste to the group. The Living Story content can be decent but never actually adds much to the game as its mostly just for a couple of weeks. World Events are boring and too easy. Factals are proberly the only real challenge the PvE content has.

WvW - Love it. I played WvW 99% of the time. I roam solo and do small group. The problem i ahve with it is that Anet have gone as far as possible to promote skilless blob spamming auto attacks to swamp maps, take everything and then move it. Zerg and blob fights are rarely skill based. It is who ever has more numbers or more hammer bashing warriors and guardians. Roaming can be A LOT of fun though. Though get ready to be totally ignored. Game balance is based around S/TPvP which is the LEAST played mode in the game which affects baalnce in WvW and WvW is pretty much ignored by Anet other than terrible designed Tournements created just to get people to spend money to swamp other maps to easily win.

S/TPvP - Find it poor. Terrible match type promotes boring Bunker (high defense, low damage) builds that just go to a point and spam defense and knockbacks, knockdowns and stuns to keep people of the point and healing to stay alive until others came to help. The build options are MUCH more limited than WvW as well thanks to it having ONE match ytpe -Point capping and that really ruins it.

the game had so much potential. Though over time it has been losing that. The balancing done by Anet is damn near diabolical. Having to go 6+ months after skill, trait changes before Anet decide to try and fix them. Balance changes happen about every 6-9 months which is terrible for a MMO. They seem more interested in throwing out PvE content that lasts a few weeks and ignoring class game balance for the most part every 6-9 months.

Overall, i would say its a 7/10. Though that depends on the game mode that you would intend to play most.