• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Traviltar

An official racing game for the AJSA?

11 posts in this topic

Howdy-ho Angry Army? Lovely day today, isn't it?

Well, I could swear there are racing enthusiasts among this community. I have made some posts before asking what kind of games do AJSA community members play, and thought that "racing is competetive as shit. we should get an official racing game for the AJSA!"

Well what game? Mario Kart? In baby-land, sure.

Forza? Well, if you're a squirmy casual.

No no no, we need something realistic, while at the same time something new.

And I do believe I have found it!

It's an early access simulator by Kunos Simulazioni, and I am amazed actually that a game in alpha has better physics than most AAA racing games today (Forza, Gran Turismo).

I actually made a little gameplay video showcasing the game. It's only like 35 euros and gets monthly updates, naturally. It's also supported by mods already, even though there is no official kit for making Assetto Corsa assets, people find a way.. (I think at least)

Please excuse my crap driving. I made this thing in a quick race and didn't bother to really warm up or anything.

I wouldn't mind an official racing game. As long as it isn't a racing game like Mario Kart. The game shown above in the video seems like a good idea. Or maybe The Crew.

TBH, for an AJSA supported racing game, I'd rather have something more social like The Crew.

Timkax2k and Dyzzles like this

True, the Crew would be social, but it is less competitive. Besides, all we know, it could be crap too. I've seen a fair share of "good looking racing games" and a racing MMO in my opinion might be something.. Well, designed for the masses.

This however is just.

Well you have to see for yourself.

You are more than welcome to post your suggestion here -->http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forum/40-new-game-requests/

Just make sure you follow the guidelines of that area of the forums so that your thread does not get deleted. Who knows, you may find that a racing game is just what we needed.

Haven't seen project cars in a while, I personally would pick something that has more than just F1 not my style. 

When I first saw Asetto corsa a couple years ago I was really excited that there would be something on the pc more like GT or Forza instead of...well.. need for speed or something.

I waited awhile for it to develop because it was an alpha at that point and was really not worth the money if you were tight on it as it was. Eventually it developed further and someone asked a question about how many cars it has, or what cars it had or something, and at the time there were like 20 or something. Ok sure, it's new, I don't expect a huge car list. HOWEVER, I was turned off pretty good when people said that more aren't even needed. "Most people never really drive more than 20 different cars, so why should you in the game?)...NO.

I mean I know it's true, I myself probably will never drive more than a handful, but every time some big name company makes a brand new car, I kinda wish I knew what it feels like y'know? Personally Gran Tourismo has like 1000ish cars and even THAT feels too few because they are dumb and have like 200 different mitsubishi lancer evolution models, and 300 nissan skylines, and and.. Have like 0 Ferraris and lambos and shit... I also liked the Vector in GT2, whatever happened to that car? (the cheaper one, not that crappy ass more expensive one lol).

That said I actually ENJOY having ordinary "boring" cars in them too, you know, you struggle by starting with something like a Honda prelude, before eventually working buying your Zonda coupe or whatever. That said, I wish GT didn't literally dump car after car on you so fast that you win 3 more every time you even try one of the ones you just won, getting to the point where you're like ahh fuck it, I don't care anymore and just wish you didn't have 5% of them. Having a large selection is nice yes, but I'd like to SELECT them, not have an effton dumped on me and I feel like I must use one of those rather than savor the purchase of one I've been drooling over (especially since many cars in GT are not even available for purchase, but must be won as a prize).

Anyway, fact is I'm kinda sick and tired of one racing sim after another after another saying how they are *SOOO* much more realistic than everything else. I mean I remember when Gran Toursmo was new they were making a big deal about how they actually went to a real version of all their cars and recorded their engine sounds to use in the game or some shit, and how xxx professional racer says the car in game feels JUST LIKE real life. And all these so-called professional drivers on various forums are telling off people who have the balls to admit they don't own 300 different supercars in their personal garage that they know better because they've driven EVERYTHING, and know how they feel (as if they've driven them on the professional race-tracks featured in game too!)

I sincerely doubt anybody here can honestly say they know for a fact thru experience that this game is any more realistic than all the other racing sims, if you disagree I'll still think you're lying thru your teeth. Even if you were right, and it really was more realistic somehow, how would that video linked demonstrate how it's better? Looks like virtually every other racing sim to me minus the fact that there are less featuring F1 cars (which don't actually interest me as much but better to have more options so I'm not complaining!).

Don't get me wrong, this might be a great game, heck I might even be loving it more than Forza or GT if and when I get it (still too incomplete for me to gamble on just yet). But I don't really think making blanket statements about calling everyone who enjoys one of the better racing sims out there that is actually.. you know.. AVAILABLE for casuals is really going to prove anything other than there is yet another racing sim out there that can't prove what makes it better without some edgy words and possibly even some hot air.

I want Asetto Corsa to be the master racing sim that is available on the PC, I really really do. But they are going to have to show me why they are so much better, and not just expect me to put blind faith that they know better when they say "ours is the most realistic!", which isn't even as important to me if it only lets me simulate a couple dozen cars I may not even care about.

well i am more the arcade racer guy. Would be cool if AJSA would Support some old School racer like Flatout or Burnout Paradise ^^

well i am more the arcade racer guy. Would be cool if AJSA would Support some old School racer like Flatout or Burnout Paradise ^^

Or Generally and the original Death Rally. Or Next Car Game as it's technically the newest Flatout.

oh man death really.. I bought that @%#% as soon as I saw it on steam remembering the old version which owned...new one really let me down.

As bad as it was it didn't butcher it as bad as that 2nd one must fall game compared to the first =P.