• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Saif

Your best childhood games.

57 posts in this topic

Hi

i was recently at my aunts house and she has this old computer filled with lots of old games that brought back some awesome memories where i was first introduced to gaming and i thought i'd share my personal and favorites and i also really want to know what are your favorite classic games!

5.Claw

This game is first and foremost one my favorite 2d side scrolling game it's filled with some funny quotes from claw himself and the gameplay isn't that bad for a 90's game its mostly about the pirate captain Nathaniel Joseph claw who is a cat by the way who learns about a magical amulet known as the 9 lives amulet that makes it's user near-immortal.the game itself is like any old school 2d game you would expect claw's arsenal include dynamite,his sword,fists and feet,gun and lastly his magical claw attack.here's a screenshot of the gameplay

4.Age of empires 2 

Any strategy game fan would definitely have this game on their top 5 list. this game is what got me into strategy in the first place because of it's amazing gameplay.it's focused around gathering resources,building up your empire and unlocking more technology as you advance through the ages.also the the campaign is by far GOLDEN in my opinion of course it is filled with historic characters such as Genghis khan,joan of arc,attila the hun,Montezuma and William Wallace just to name a few and the storylines of each Country/character is narrated beautifully. i don't think any of you need a video to see how it is since everyone practically knows this but just incase

3.Command and conquer: renegade 

This is the very first fps i played no joke and it was AWESOME. the gameplay is bit battlefied-ish with tanks,jeeps,missile carriers,stealth tanks.the campaign is by far the greatest aspect of the game, you are nick ''havoc'' assigned to locate and rescue GDI's top tiberium researchers  from the evil brother hood of nod. the campaign takes across the world with different scenerios and twists. here's a gameplay video for you

2.Red alert 2

this goes without question that red alert 2 is also one of the most refined classic strategy game out there even today.the game features air,land and sea units each have a role to play to make sure victory is certain.the game has 2 sides the allies and the soviets each unique in their units.the allies tend to use teleportion and weather controlling device while the soviets use the Nukes and have advanced cloning technology. each side has it's own array of special unit like the allies tanya who is a really hyperactive commando that loves action and explosives using her pistols to one shot any enemy and c4 any building to high hell. the soviets have the physic yuri who can mind control unit or send a physic blast to fry any infantry's brain. the game also has base building and resource gathering. here's as always a gameplay video for you.

1.GTA:san andreas 

first off i know this game isn't that old but still it is one my favorite old game.the game im sure your all familiar with is an open-world free roam game where the player takes control of CJ or carl who returns to san andreas to find his mother dead and his gang not doing well the story takes many twists and turns where CJ is faced with challenges which he will overcome and betrayal from people who were considered his brothers. the gameplay is like what you would expect any gta to have from stealing cars to flying planes,Gun fights and brawls, and the very first time rockstar introduced rpg elements in the game allowing you to clothe cj by buying new clothes from stores and jewelry to match also car customizations introduced allowing players to freely add decals,paintjobs new motors or transmissions and generally pimping your ride.here is a gameplay video

That's it those are my favorite old games!

Please remeber to share Your games with us and why you loved them as that's why i started this topic to learn more about you all!

stay weird stay happy stay awesome stay you!

Hmm, well I remember back in school when we got to play Oregon Trail on the old 8 in floppy disks with green pixel screen. I always looked forward to Friday's for computer day, it was one of the few memories I enjoy from elementary school

Then in middle school when my family finally got a computer I got AOE 2. I spent so much time on the computer, it was crazy. The worst feeling was when I was grounded from the computer because I was playing too much, was a horrible 2 weeks. 

Golden Axe, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario 64, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Sonic 2, The Legend of Zelda: Oceania of Time (Probably my favorite game of all time) and my fist first memories of Atari are very precious to me.

DeadOrb1t likes this

Warcraft 3 was literally my life for years, I've put over 1000 hours into it

I also remember fucking Lego Racer 2...Why...Did...I...Sell...That...Game!, Baka
oh and Crash Bandicoot 2...god that game is still amazing

oh but Crash Team Racing...that was all I played till I was 9...when I got Warcraft 3 XD

Pokemon crystal was probably the main game I sunk my time into when I was a kid. Next would probably be ocarina of time, although I had no clue what I was doing, or smash bros on n64. Played the hell out of that in middle school.

Well there have been maaaaaaaaaaaaaany games that defined my childhood but there are two games to which I wasted the most time...

I started Counter Strike with Alpha 3 back when you had to buy te weapons via console und played it until 1.1

It addiction nearly wrecked my time in school.

Appart from that I played through Final Fantasy VII like 4 times and wasted like 500 hours on it.

Heroes III and Warcraft 2. Though I was watching them being played more than playing myself, but they were still very awesome.

Moo2

AoE1, AoE2 AND Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

C&C series, Specifically RA2 and YR.

Settlers series before the 3D ones.

And something slightly more obscure: Clonk (Clonk Planet version). http://www.clonk.de/

Far cry 1, it is my favorite game and i have good memories of it.

Other than that i guess it is

Warcraft 3 

Command and conquer: Generals

Medal of honor allied assault

Flatout

Serious sam first and second encounter

and alot more if i could remember the names

I remember playing Mario 64 all the time that was one of my favorites

Thanks for sharing guys!

Oh WOW...

This is the first time I've ever seen a thread moved TO the general forums.

Wow.......

This is officially the second wonder of these forums. First being Gomly.

is that good or bad?

Warcraft 2(screw you wc3 kids!), Starcraft, Doom 2, Street Fighter II, X-wing, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger, C&C, Sonic 2. Those are probably my favourite games or series from when I was a kid. Still treasure most of the memories today.

Oh, this is a great thread! I'll answer right away! There is a lot to list, so I'll organize it nicely for you guys!

For the Sega Genesis, my most favorite games that I played are as follows: Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (and Knuckles), Dynamite Headdy, Soldiers of Fortune, Columns, Ecco the Tides of Time, James Pond series, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

For the Super Nintendo, my most favorite games that I played are as follows: Final Fantasy series, Super Metroid, The Great Circus Mystery starring Mickey Mouse, Donkey Kong Country series, Demon's Crest, Chrono Trigger, Megaman X series, and Zombies Ate my Neighbours!.

As for PC games, I'd definitely put the Doom series, Quake series, and Duke Nukem 3D up there as my childhood favorites!

Best Childhood Games? That's a tough question because I've been gaming since I was like... 3. I suppose I'd have to start with the game that got me into other all other games, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis:

Why Sonic 2 and not Sonic 1? Well, I played both and I thought the original was extremely long and boring compared to the sequel... why? BECAUSE THERE WERE 3 DAMN STAGES ON THE SAME LEVEL. In the sequel this was dropped to 2 (Save for Metropolis Zone), the graphics were also slightly improved and the game featured some of the most creative (while still easy) boss battles I'd seen in a game... at least for the time. It's also responsible for my enjoyment of unwarranted destruction of innocent rocks and robotic fish.

Secondly, Super Mario 64: 

Ah yes, this game... Ironic that I'm posting this right after a Sonic game -wink, wink- but nevertheless this was definitely one of my favorites growing up. Obviously for the time this game was revolutionary, sporting beautiful never-before-seen graphics, character design, and level layout, oh and it was also in 3D obviously. Though it also had problems... like a jerky camera that never ceased to piss me off especially when I was falling off mountains and losing to that fat penguin on that damn ice slide and Bosses that were way way too easy (Something that will always plague the franchise IMHO) even Bowser with his special rainbow powers.

Finally, the game that proved most influential in my later stages of childhood... Dark Cloud for the Playstation 2 :

This J-RPG and one of the earliest imports available for the PS2 has you take on the role of a gender ambiguous hero who must rebuild the world from the ground up and destroy the demon responsible for it's destruction. This game had it all, an amazing story, a party of fascinating characters, even more fascinating side characters, great soundtrack, innovative combat... it was just cool as shit to play. The dynamic boss battles and building segments were probably what I liked the most about this game and to this day there really isn't anything bad I can say about the game. Though there are some odd things found in many Japanese games including cats turning into people, oddly erotic ritualistic dance numbers, and much, much more... TBH though I do enjoy these moments too but that's just my opinion.

Well that's my list, feel free to check these games out in the videos.

My favorite games as a child (when I was 10 or younger) are still a lot of my favorite games now. Baldurs Gate, Fallout 1 and 2, Ogre Battle 64, Suikoden 1 and 2, Mario Bros 3, Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight, Streets of Rage 2, Mega Man X 1-3, and Final Fantasy 6 and 9.

This is the first time I've ever seen a thread moved TO the general forums.

I think my move to off topic move to general ratio is about 100:3 now.

CTR

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Spyro the Dragon: Ripto's Rage

Sled Storm

Mechwarrior 2

NASCAR game (can't remember the year of it but it was fun on PC especially the crazy wrecks XD)

Megaman Legends

*Dungeon siege

*Starcraft

*Age of empires 2

*counter strike

*world of warcraft

*Spyro The Dragon ;D

Oh the Oregon trail, bittersweet memories those.

Always died halfway there, apparently when I was young I did not realize food was necessary, and everyone else kept catching a disease. Water needed in the desert . . . . the list of why I died goes on and on.

JRPGS.... Like all of them. The ones i probably played the most are both lunar games on the sega CD, secret of mana, and final fantasy 2(4).

It really was the golden age of those games back then. Its not that newer JRPGs arent as good (though many arent)... Playing a relatively new rpg on those 16 bit consoles just felt magical somehow. I cant explain it.

Mine were: halo, Sherwood Dungeon, and age of mythology, I probably have many more but i don't really remember than far.