• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Subotai

Push to Talk

13 posts in this topic

Not sure where this goes, so just puttin' this here.

I was wondering why TS users are forced into PT?  I'm not one for talking on the mic all that much anyway, but I do like not having to deal with another button when playin' my games.  I am sure there is reason...just wondering what it is.

it's because they don't wanna deal with the chatroom turning into "wait, what are you saying?!" 

Its mosly because people don't wanna hear anything unusefull while playing. 

For example, if you are talking to some one in your room, then everyone in the game can hear it.

Push to talk should be mandatory everywhere online unless you're in a one on one conversation. I don't want to hear your mom yelling at you, I don't want to hear you typing on your keyboard, I don't want to hear you breathing, I don't want to hear you eating...

Understand now?

Arch, Doshka17, Gone too and 3 others like this

Push to talk is pretty needed in any form of group over like 3-4 people after that its gets to much chaotic with background noises and what not.

Personally i think Push-to-Talk should be mandatory for everything but exceptions like: skype, facetime, ect. I just don't want to hear someone talking to their mom about what they did at school today. Or when they need to eat some cord chips, ect. I personally don't mind pushing a button (I usually map it to V) when i need to speak to my team. 

Should be mandatory, no doubt... Heck, any voice software should have push to talk on as default setting.

When I'm on skype voice, and I want to eat or drink, I always flip my mic arm up, so it automaticly turns my mic Off (TY PC360 G4ME headset!).

Ofcourse, it would not surprise me if someone, some where, perhaps on Mars, actually love to listen to random annoying background noise, while playing games.

Seriously though, do anyone really want to listen to something like this?

Well, it was comfy just speaking without bothering to click when I was in the WoT's MEX clans.....
Still, every time someone was being scolded by their parents it became the topic for days......
I don't like pushing the button, but not having useless noise is good.

Hm? I thought all Veteran members get push to talk off? I'm just used to just setting my mic to mute if I happen to be doing something else. Also set up your mic to recognize the level of noise you make when you speak, so it doesn't pick up goddamn everything everywhere.

Puntosmx likes this

Hm? I thought all Veteran members get push to talk off? I'm just used to just setting my mic to mute if I happen to be doing something else. Also set up your mic to recognize the level of noise you make when you speak, so it doesn't pick up goddamn everything everywhere.

Agreed..... it's good manners to keep the mic close, then open it whenever you're going to speak for a while, then turn it off again......

Though, from my experience, most people don't bother closing their mics while playing.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM *BREATH* *BREATH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Some gamers do this but lately I have been more pissed off with the fact that there are people making actual tutorials while they're fucking doing it and I make a mental note of their usernames so I never accidentally click on them.

Currently the ability to turn push to talk off is set to veterans and above. We try to limit the change from push to talk as much as possible as it encourages bad practices that affect other users enjoyment of our TS.

Currently the ability to turn push to talk off is set to veterans and above. We try to limit the change from push to talk as much as possible as it encourages bad practices that affect other users enjoyment of our TS.

Well, in other TS3 servers, I kept the mic turned off unless I was about to speak, in order to minimize general noice while not in conversation.

Would that be acceptable behavior for a vet?