• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoxly

Dragon Age: Inquisition Speculation Time!

14 posts in this topic

Howdy AJSA! If you have looked into my past topics, I have posted about DA:I a few times.

Well, I noticed something in the newest trailer that may or may not be something relevant.

I have no idea why I recognized this, but I did and I think I may have found something here. - Hawke's knife -

While Hawke's knife certainly doesn't have much meaning in the game, Dragon Age 2, it does make an appearance in the trailer for Dragon age Inquisition. I'll take the liberty of posting some screen shots here for reference*

ERzT4JU.jpg

And here*

UwZZOJa.png

Now, if you have seen the newest trailer for Inquisition, you may have missed it, but a shady character wearing a concealing helmet is in fact holding a knife to Leliana's throat that looks EXACTLY like Hawke's knife.

I'll post that screen shot here*

6p05qRC.png

I have a feeling this isn't just some meaningless knife. The way the knife is presented just looks WAY too revealing. 

It looks like BioWare wanted us to notice this, and gave the Knife plenty of room and presentation to be recognized.

I'm not thrilled that Hawke's knife is being held to the throat of Leliana since my warden actually romanced her, but I guess that doesn't matter right now.

I have some questions for you guys that I think might help this discussion along

- Who is this, and why do they have Hawke's knife?

- Could this be the default Hawke?

- Why is Leliana being threatened by Hawke's knife?

- Do you think Hawke would actually have relevance in this situation

Thanks for reading, guys! I'm really interested on what you guys think of this

It could just be that the person that makes those knives was selling them really cheap or with a special offer. I say it because I have this mental image of Hawke leaving the store with his that knife and the evil guy entering to buy one as soon as he sees it...

In all seriousness if you want to go for that theory it could be possible. I mean the Cassandra and Leliana were looking for the Warden and Hawke so maybe some of the evil factions were looking for them as well, and they stumble over some of their stuff.

It probably looks like Hawke's knife because Hawke is in Inquisition and you will meet him/her.

Why is the knife being held to Leliana's throat? Probably because she's been hunting Hawke and the HoF/WC down since then end if DA:A and DA2 respectively.

Hawke likely got the jump on her and is tired I her following their tracks. This is probably a moment of confrontation before Hawke is brought back to help the Inquisition for a few quests.

It probably looks like Hawke's knife because Hawke is in Inquisition and you will meet him/her.

Why is the knife being held to Leliana's throat? Probably because she's been hunting Hawke and the HoF/WC down since then end if DA:A and DA2 respectively.

Hawke likely got the jump on her and is tired I her following their tracks. This is probably a moment of confrontation before Hawke is brought back to help the Inquisition for a few quests.

Very good explanation! I like the way this sounds. It makes a lot of sense

But Hawke is having a role on the plot or just a small cameo? I do remember that that scene we see her (In the trailer) was taking place on the Fade.

But Hawke is having a role on the plot or just a small cameo? I do remember that that scene we see her (In the trailer) was taking place on the Fade.

I think both Hawke and the HoF/WC will have decent impacts on the story since they've been sought after for two games now.

And remember, in both previous DA games we've gone into the fade for a single part of a longer mission. So I'm betting the part we see in the trailer is one part of a longer mission involving Hawke.

I think both Hawke and the HoF/WC will have decent impacts on the story since they've been sought after for two games now.

And remember, in both previous DA games we've gone into the fade for a single part of a longer mission. So I'm betting the part we see in the trailer is one part of a longer mission involving Hawke.

I wonder how they might implement the personalities of the HoF and Hawke. If they are given a significant role, they must have to be given some sort of dialogue that portrays the way you played.

I suppose for Hawke they could just transfer the personality that you developed, seeing as how Hawke's attitude and general dialogue changes depending on your choices, but as far as I'm aware, Dragon Age: Origins might be a bit trickier. 

Any ideas?

They could assing some value to the decisions the person made during the campain. Like Hawke. It won't be perfect but at least will cover the basics. I mean if the Warden Commander takes decision that are more in tune with a "at all cost" way than the traditional hero, it might show light in to its personality. In the end I think they will like to avoid that, so that is why I am afraid the Hero of Ferelden might lack a direct appereance. For all the bad people can talk about Hawke, he is easier to do and portrai. Just take the sarcastic, aggresive or heroic personality base on how many times the player pick the dialogue option.

They could assing some value to the decisions the person made during the campain. Like Hawke. It won't be perfect but at least will cover the basics. I mean if the Warden Commander takes decision that are more in tune with a "at all cost" way than the traditional hero, it might show light in to its personality. In the end I think they will like to avoid that, so that is why I am afraid the Hero of Ferelden might lack a direct appereance. For all the bad people can talk about Hawke, he is easier to do and portrai. Just take the sarcastic, aggresive or heroic personality base on how many times the player pick the dialogue option.

Yeah, I would have to say you're right. 

the HoF may not get the biggest role for that very reason. Since there isn't really a morality system in DA:O in the traditional sense, I can't imagine they would be able to implement the HoF's personality as well as Hawke's could be implemented.

Either way, I'm hoping for a scene where Leliana and my warden are seen together again. Nothing would make me more upset than the game ending without that dynamic. 

On the topic of decent role or not, I can only point to an earlier tweet by I think Laidlaw that if they where going to bring a previous person back from earlier games it would not just be a brief appearance but would be important. So there we go, Hawke will likely play an important role at some point.

Well let’s also consider that, in the Bioware canon, the Warden is dead while Hawke (Being a mage) is alive. Yes, we visit the Fade where spirits go but half of it is pouring down in Thedas and even Justice said in Awakening that some spirits believe there is a place where souls go that is beyond the Fade. What I am getting at is that is possible that even if in our stories the Hero of Ferelden survives, he doesn’t appear much. But then again Morrigan is going to have a big role and that means the little god child as well in the case of my own Dalish Warden story.

I like the idea of Hawke returning, but not sure how that will work or if we should expect the Warden to appear as well.

Let's not forget that in the canon story, Hawke is a female Mage. So that's why you see the easily recognizable female Hawke.

The Gray Warden with her is likely the Warden Commander since canonically, the Heronof Ferelden is dead.

We're seein a scene from a purely canonical history play through is my guess.

But since we'll be using The Keep to build our worlds and the choices we've made in all the games to import into DA:I and not our save profiles, we'll get to see out Hawke/WC/HoF.

Laidlaw has already confirmed that if we see our past characters, we'll definitely get the chance to customize their appearance before seeing them (in the game because you can't customize characters in The Keep).

Still, Hero/Commander, Hawke, and the Inquisitor all in one place at one time? That's your Thedassian holy trinity right there.

Yeah, but that will have to wait until the Inquisitor is important on its own. Otherwise is like an unnecessary add-on of two great heroes like Hawke and the Warden. I mean yes, we will make the Inquisitor a legend but we already made those other two legends so the third needs to show what he/she can do before being allow to play around the others.

It would seem as if the enemy this time is calling for a summon of the greatest heroes and warriors of all lands, and considering we already face off a Blight and set off the Mage-Templar War without that much noise (Lot of noise yes, but nothing at this level) that is saying something. I do wonder who is the mastermind here and what is the goal that opening the gates to Hell will accomplish for him.

I want to guess that it's Corpheous; the big bad, old school Tevinter Magister that walked in the black city of the Maker from the DA2 Bloodlines DLC. I'm still under the impression that his entire boss fight was one big distraction while he transferred soul into the gray warden you chose to side with. If he was powerful enough to make it to the black city, there's no way Hawke and company could have taken him.

He probably knew he was in a weakened state and moved his soul to a new body, then puppeted his old form long enough for Hawke to 'kill' it. I think that would be a pretty simple set of trucks for someone powerful enough to literally step inside the Maker's city and corrupt it.

If not him, then I'm betting on one of the elevhen forgotten ones. They're supposed to be unbelievably powerful spirits that were either locked away or slumbering in a Lovecraftian manner.