• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Saif

What do you listen too while gaming?

22 posts in this topic

Hi

So i wanted to know what my angry brothers and sistas listen too while they game.

i usually listen to anything motivational because it's like your rallying call to keep moving on and not quitting.

But my favorite artists are: (THESE ARE NOT IN ANYWAY A SPECIFIC ORDER!!!)

• Eminem
  • Hopsin (look him up on youtube he is awesome)
  • 2Pac
  • ariana grande
  • 50CENT
  • Micheal jackson
  • aerosmith
  • Metallica
  • Nirvana
  • ERB (yes the youtube series and i know they are not that motivational but sue me)
  • Maroon 5
  • Snoop dogg
  • Karmin

many are rappers but that's because i find rappers more motivational atleast for me.

Tell who do You listen too while gaming?

stay weird,stay awesome,stay happy,stay you

i can't believe i forgot about good ol' johnny cash im sorry man 

PS: one of his many gems

If im not listening to the actual game sound, ill be listing to youtube with my headphones from my phone.

The game, podcasts or some YouTube videos,

In terms of music (in no particular order)

System of a Down

Mastodon

CCR

FLCL's soundtrack (although, thats manly for manga)

Tool

Led Zeppelin

Soundgarden/Audioslave (there the same thing really)

and many other

also, Sol Omega, you listen to some weird stuff, I like it!

If I'm playing something really boring like League of Legends (and I also want to drown out the annoying things said by characters) I'll usually put on something from a video game soundtrack or cello or violin music. Other than that I don't listen to music ever, unless it is part of a game/movie/show.

Puntosmx likes this

The soundtracks and game sounds are there for a reason.

In the case of games that miss one I have an entire folder of gaming soundtracks and a few playlists of metal and techno, usually used for multiplayer FPS mostly.

Much better than most music out there, and it has no lyrics to distract me.
Puntosmx likes this

I usually listen to the game's music.
Sometimes I turn the volume down or insert custom music, in which case it's mainly Jpop, light metal (Kam, Blind) and brit pop.
In World of Tanks, I installed the mod with Magica Madoka soundtrack.

Metallica and Newsted, no question. well, maybe a randomly chosen playlist on my Ipod then no question. 

Depends on the game and how I feel during the day really. Also my game and music choices change pretty often due to my ADHD and Bipolarism, but the most common mix is of Grunge, Metal, and J-Rock.

Grunge I can't really explain, I just seem to enjoy listening to depressing music that at the same time makes you want to get up and throw your chair at someone before you tire out and put it back down to play some PS2 with mild anemia.

Metal is an obvious choice when you want to just ignore everything going on around you and focus your mentality on killing the enemy as many times as possible.

J-Rock is a bit odd for this list then since the last choices are Angry and Depressing whereas J-Rock is Happy and Upbeat at times, and that's why I enjoy it. I'm not depressed or hateful all the time... and after I've had a good run on PS2 it's nice to relax on Mabi with the Pillows playing in the background as I just run around taking in the very dated pixelated scenery.

Other times I just put on some videos and listen to some guy on the internet scream about a terrible videogame for 20-30 minutes while I do boring mundane tasks in some Space Sim or MMO.

I listen to alot of anime opening and anime film songs:) they are super fun to listen to when you are having a grand ol time in my games to complement the epicness of my characters.

I also listen to nightcore, orchestra, techno, vocaloid and more! there is so many types of music that is just awesome.

I sometimes do listen to some podcasts and discussion videos on the youtube while im doing things like browsing pictures and or farming.

This is what i listen to when im gaming, hope im not alone of liking such nerdy music hehe.

Lately, when I've been playing PAYDAY 2, I've been muting the in-game music and listening to this.

Makes everything from gunfights to moving bags to waiting in the back of the 24/7 store for the van to arrive awesome.

Most of the time my wife complaining :)

For me it depends on two things:

1: The Game

2: My Mood

If the game has a soundtrack I like there's no reason to play anything over it. If there isn't I generally I play lite music: jazz, soft orchestra, etc. I like to have calming gaming session when playing, especially when playing online.

Whilst playing a Single Player usually the game music

On multilayer I will put on my tunes though- whilst I am a big metal and rock fan - when playing FPS on line I generally listen to The Prodigy- all albums, on random.

Nothing like doing something epic like blowing up a tank in BF4 and then that 'SMACK MY BITCH UP!' kicking in.

*Nightcore

*Ass and Titties

*Soundtracks so many good ones ;D 

When I play Strategy game or when I'm about to go to war, I listen to the Pacific Rim Theme.

The game's soundtrack. If not that, silence if I get tired of listening to it. That fares well for some games, such as team games.

It all depends. If I play RPG's, Racing or Visual Novels I need to listen to in-game music otherwise I can't get into it. But if I play strategy games, MMO's or Dota 2/LoL I listen to my extensive vgm playlist.. Or I just watch a playlist of Angry Joe reviews or some other playlist for youtubers I like.. Or I y'know watch animes on my second screen.. 2 Monitors = Godly.