• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sol Omega

Give me an anime

214 posts in this topic

Muv Luv

Muv wow

Suv luv

I'm not even going to bother with a full explanation.

Fuck it.

Evangelion and Gantz and like Elfen Lied... and High School of the Dead. Maybe Sekirei?

But not as good.

At all.

And then rom com giant titty boob bob in your face fan service bullshit just kind of... ruins EVERYTHING.

Just watch Evangelion, Gantz, or Elfen Lied. Shit, even High School of the Dead. And maybe Sekirei?

It's not that it's bad (I shouldn't say that, because it is), but rather.......... they fucked up. Badly.

A lot of quality mistakes can be pointed out... EASILY.

The fan service shits all over everything. I mean, I do some like fan service in some types of anime. I also know that fan service is a thing (been so since forever) in anime. But they did it wrong. So wrong. It's wrong. It's bad.

It's pretty good at times. But I don't think it's worth trudging through the bullshit and CG card board mecha fights. I mean, when the obligatory fan service beach bikini titty episode has more character development than any other episode, I don't know what to do.

If you're interested in watching it. Don't. There's better mecha ani- scratch that. There's better anime out there.

But to be fair, there's also worse anime out there.

6/10

I shouldn't be able to summarize an anime as "Tits with CG mechas."

However, I hear the VN or manga was better. Much better. Maybe give that a whirl?

Well, I'm a picky reader, so I probably won't pick up the manga.

The two biggest flaws I had with were:

1. Same problem as Shingeki as in the opening episodes just rocked house with it's gore, but the later episodes were weak in comparison.
  2. The mandatory harem by adding one more girl to the lot by the end. That was completely unnecessary.

Overall I liked it, though. 

And I rather dislike, to the point of hating, EVA.

And since you mentioned it: Sekirei

Guilty Crown.

A weaker Code Geass.

Sekirei

Suisei no Gargantia.

Typical amazonian harem anime with a lot of variety of waifus. And husbandus. Very cutesy. Perhaps too cutesy......... At least it's not in high school.

Suisei no Gargantia... didn't watch it. Looks dumb.

Hmm, I think I've got another one for you.

Yumekui Merry.

Yumekui Merry.

yumekui_merry-7195.jpg

No thank you.

Never watched it.

Unless you can... convince me...

yumekui_merry-7195.jpg

No thank you.
Never watched it.

*sigh* I'll set up the body harness...

Okay, I'll just say right off the bat that the one on top, the eponymous Merry, is a girl. So no Boku no Pico going on here. That and there really isn't much in the way of romance between her and the main protagonist Yumeji beyond ship tease moments like that one, though it does compensate by having a fairly blatant love interest for him in the form of his childhood friend that he lives with (long story short: his parents either died or went missing and the girls dad decided to look after him).

Anyways, the story starts when Yumeji, a high-school boy with the ability to see people's what peoples dreams are (don't ask, just roll with it) bumps into (well, is crashed into by) Merry Nightmare, a "Dream Demon" who crossed over into our world without any memory of how or why it happened, and having strong desire to return to the dream world. However, Yumeji and Merry soon learn that other Dream Demons seem to be crossing over into our world at an alarming rate, and unlike Merry these guys need human hosts in order to manifest. While some chose to live in symbiosis with said hosts, others prefer to make a hostile take over. So, together, the two of them fight Dream Demons, free people from their influence, and try to find a way for Merry to return home. Now, there's more to it at that, and more stakes, but where'd be the fun in telling you everything?

Granted, I don't consider it a masterpiece or anything- it's really only a so-so anime in my book, but I happen to have a soft spot for it. That and the manga is pretty good. Anyways, if none of that seemed interesting to you, ponder this:

Watch the anime or I'll post my entire collection of your cosplay. Don't ask how I got it. You wouldn't want any more pictures like your Satsuki Cosplay coming out, would you?

jCZGAL2.jpg

So what's it going to be, the anime or you in Senketsu?

I'm narcissistic, so pics of me in Senketsu. Satsuki did look better in Senketsu than Junketsu.

The anime really sounds like Shakugan no Shanananana.

I guess I'll give it a whirl.

I'm narcissistic, so pics of me in Senketsu. Satsuki did look better in Senketsu than Junketsu.

Far as I'm concerned, it's way better than Shakugan. At least it doesn't have a third season opener that ruins the whole series. 

Dammit. Note to self: do not attempt to blackmail someone with pictures of their head on attractive women's bodies. Shockingly, it does not have the desired effect.

Eh, but I managed to poke you into trying it. That's something.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to come up with some better blackmail material.

Never watched it.

The mangaka of Yumekui Merry is the same person who made Advent Cirno.

Watched Dog and Scissors.

It's okay, especially as a weird Rom Com.

Biggest strength: The dog look like a dog.

7ish/10

I also just started Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero.

It's... something. I'll tell you straight up: this is ecchi as fuck.

At this point, only thing keeping me interested is the whole thing going on with the evil over lord's daughter. Everything else is... bit much. I won't lie, I was entertained greatly by the first few slight-of-hand fights. But... it gets to be a bit much. And it can get uncomfortable to watch at times. Especially with someone else.

Note: I did not expect a certain character to be into yuri. Lewd.

We, Without Wings

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

Demon Kind Daimao

The World God Only Knows

A Bridge to the Starry Skies

Horizon in The Middle of Nowhere

I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job

Mashiroiro Symphony

Full Metal Alchemist

Alright.

This is my thoughts on both.

The original: Filler could've been used to explain other things. And it feels like they don't explain a lot. And I think there were a couple of plot holes as well... At least the movie was cool.

The remake: Too funny. So funny, it makes the serious moments loose thier gravity. "OMG, I'm just a pawn for some religious asshole" *que chibi quarky awkward moment* and tada... the entire moment went flacid. And Lust went out like a bitch. I like how they improved upon other things. It also feels too long. Then again, 68 (64 + 4 OVAS) episodes is pretty long.

Both are worth watching, since they're both pretty different. As a whole, 8/10.

Shin Chan.

Some funny shit.

11/10

Should watch.

Also, the closing song is addictive.

12/10

I watched the dub on [adult swim]. It's like an anti-depressant.

Kill la Kill

Part of me wants to give it a 10/10, but that would be too obvious and unfair. It does have flaws. And boy are they flawed.

Up front, 8/10. But it's a personal favorite, and I treat it as if it were a 10/10.

• Some moments look... cheap and unnecessary in terms of 3D CG quality... Like, you could've used 2D animation, and it would look better... and cleaner... Now, some moments I understand using it, but I'm complaining about very specific moments that come up and punch me in the face, shouting "I AM AN EYE SORE!" And there are some moments where it seems like they said "Fuck it" and used some still art instead of showing us a bomb ass fight.
  • The "middle arc" is pretty... slow... slow... slow.... so slow...... A little unnecessary.
  • The characters are simple. But amazing. I'd argue that they also grow through out the series.
  • The hype might be too hype for some. Like, it's too ridiculous.
  • The jokes/references/the satire may just blow over one's head. I've seen it before. Thankfully, not so much here.
  • At first, it's a *douche cough* parody and commentary of today's anime. *normal person cough* But later on, it... kinda... becomes... blurred. It becomes like first entering Dark Souls hard of seeing the lines. Like you can't tell if they're bullshitting you... or themselves. A big big big big problem, is that people can't tell. I can't even tell. People can't tell when Kill La Kill is being unoriginal, uncreative, and being a cliche....... or it's being totally original, creative, and just using everything as a reference/homage, satire, parody, blah blah blah. It's hard to tell. Not sure if that's bad or good... but that's that.
  • At times, it becomes really simple. And needlessly simple. It's rinse repeat. Getting ass kicked. Super mode. Now kicking ass. Awesome. Next big bad antagonist/obstacle!
  • No good explanations on how things work. Except... Will power. Believe it. Believe in the me... that believes in you. And stupid explanations that don't make sense but they present it in a way that makes the audience feel dumb........... KINDA LIKE MY ISSUE WITH MADOKA!
  • They, the characters, point out the obvious. A lot.
  • The plot is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. RIDICULOUS. At times, doesn't make sense either. Irrational! Not to mention the metaphors and themes are (great, but) ridiculous.
  • Pretty fanservecy... but not? If you can stand Gurren Lagann and Yoko, you can stand Kill La Kill. Only nips you see are the teacher's. And let's just say they're bombastic! THEY SHOOT LASER BEAMS OF PINK!

tumblr_inline_n31y4uBQo71qi1l59.gif

NOW!

If you keep in mind that this is (probably... most likely... hopefully...) a parody of anime, it should be taken lightly. If you do, almost all those problems you see above this, go away. However, this brings me back to... is it satirical? Is everything on purpose? Is this all a jab at anime? Or is this just a shitty job on the writer's end? Who knows? I do, of course. That's why it has an 8/10 instead of a 6.

The music is phenomenal. You like Attack On TItan's score? How about Guilty Crown? Same composer.

Oh.

And Episode 18 and there after completely saves the entire show from being entirely drab. Because holy fucking shit cakes. Everything, for me, was forgiven. Like, wow. All the biggest complaints that I have, are pretty much entirely from the middle arc. Once you get to episode 18, strap in your underwear, Kill La Kill is going to take you on an emotional roller coaster ride of twist and turns that M.Night Shyamalan WISHES he could do. It's a great pay off, because it does everything so good... so good... sugoi~

Unfortunately, because of Kill La Kill's nature, it's pretty much going to be based off of personal preference. In my case, 10/10, it saved anime for me.

Full Metal Panic (all of it)

Full Metal Panic is a neat mecha anime.

Full Metal Panic (season 1)

Doesn't explain shit.

Pretty cliched as a whole. Can be pretty corny.

It can be ridiculous (who the hell puts a teenage girl in position of captain of a super secret submarine of badass mechas!?!?!)

As far as I know, still doesn't have a third season.

I don't enjoy the high school aspect of it. Waste of time, and just over used.

Doesn't explain anything. At all. Like, wow.

Cool homages/references to things. Almost Metal Gear like. In fact, the series is very Metal Gear like. Sadly, not as good.

Too much filler.

Hitler Blood Mustache!

Full-Metal-Panic-23-Field-of-Giants.mkv_

6.5/10

Full Metal Panic Fumofu? (Season 1.5)

Hilarious. 7/10. If you watched Full Metal Panic, but not Fumofu, you lost out.

If you're not interested in Full Metal Panic, you're not losing out on much.

Full Metal Panic TSR (The Second Raid (season)).

Edgy as fuck.

Pretty violent.

Improves upon the series.

Still doesn't explain shit and tosses in more questions and mysteries.

8/10.

As a whole, 7ish/10.

Full Metal Panic is a neat mecha anime.

Full Metal Panic (season 1)

Doesn't explain shit.

Pretty cliched as a whole. Can be pretty corny.

It can be ridiculous (who the hell puts a teenage girl in position of captain of a super secret submarine of badass mechas!?!?!)

As far as I know, still doesn't have a third season.

I don't enjoy the high school aspect of it. Waste of time, and just over used.

Doesn't explain anything. At all. Like, wow.

Cool homages/references to things. Almost Metal Gear like. In fact, the series is very Metal Gear like. Sadly, not as good.

Too much filler.

Hitler Blood Mustache!

Full-Metal-Panic-23-Field-of-Giants.mkv_

6.5/10

Full Metal Panic Fumofu? (Season 1.5)

Hilarious. 7/10. If you watched Full Metal Panic, but not Fumofu, you lost out.

If you're not interested in Full Metal Panic, you're not losing out on much.

Full Metal Panic TSR (The Second Raid (season)).

Edgy as fuck.

Pretty violent.

Improves upon the series.

Still doesn't explain shit and tosses in more questions and mysteries.

8/10.

As a whole, 7ish/10.

Meh, they could expand so much upon the story. There's still so many loose ends. I guess they just wanted to sort of wrap up the relationship between Sagara and Chidore and be done with it.

Meh, they could expand so much upon the story. There's still so many loose ends. I guess they just wanted to sort of wrap up the relationship between Sagara and Chidore and be done with it.

And they still didn't even do that.

And they still didn't even do that.

Exactly. Well, for romantic conclusions I have Toradora and Zero no Tsukaima. Also SAO to a degree, though the GGO arc made me question their relationship (he got off the hook too easily and there were some serious plot holes by the end of it).

Trigun and/or Trigun: Badlands. Hopefully that is in the one anime rule. If not, then just Trigun. <(?_?)>