• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sol Omega

Give me an anime

214 posts in this topic

You can rate Highschool DxD, that's what!

dxd-rias-gif.gif

out of

dvpkl4.jpg

Gimme awhile with this one. I actually have something to say about this series besides giving breasts fleshy sound effects and just being... not a typical harem. I guess. Although if I think about it....................

Glanced through the thread to see if it was mentioned before, but Cromartie Highschool would be a good one (watch the subbed version, the dub is radically different). 26 episodes, but they only clock in at around 14:00 if I recall correctly. Surreal comedy is a rickety ladder, but it climbs that shit like a pro in my opinion.

Sol Omega likes this

Glanced through the thread to see if it was mentioned before, but Cromartie Highschool would be a good one (watch the subbed version, the dub is radically different). 26 episodes, but they only clock in at around 14:00 if I recall correctly. Surreal comedy is a rickety ladder, but it climbs that shit like a pro in my opinion.

Indeed.

I've often use "Hah-pee burthday... KISAMAAA" when wishing someone a happy birthday.

But besides the ridiculous cartoony (or surreal if you want to sound fancy schmancy) hilarity, I often enjoy the many references the show makes, anywhere from Freddie Mercury (the character named Freddie who looks like his name sake or Mayor Hagar) to Crying Freeman (the style of how pretty much everyone looks).

In other words, it's great.

It's a shame ADV went into the dirt, making it hard to find... Well for me it is.

My collection is incomplete qnq

I already explained my thoughts on Danagaropasamaniposapurple.

I think it was along the lines of: Play the game.

Giving the anime an arbitrary 7 is too much.

Well, I can only judge it by the anime as I haven't played the game at any point. As such I enjoyed it quite a lot thus the many bananas it got from me.

Also, has Elfen Lied ever been on this thread yet? Can't seem to remember, nor have the willingness to search for it. I mean, those series are quite literally the roots of my anime watching.

Also, has Elfen Lied ever been on this thread yet? Can't seem to remember, nor have the willingness to search for it. I mean, those series are quite literally the roots of my anime watching.

To be honest, I'd give it a meh score.

To be even more honest, I'd want to see DemonColt's opinion of it......

To be honest, I'd give it a meh score.

Well, we wouldn't have entirely differing opinions in that case. I mean, it's pretty nice and gory when necessary, but it feels very, I don't know, grey and lonely. There are no background extras or very few of them thus making the series seem rather dead. It's also rather depressing. That said, I reckon it's a great entry if you're new to the anime world. Along with Hellsing (the original).

Sol Omega likes this

Soul Eater?

"8/10 I liked it."

-ign

It's quite the unique little bundle of freaky surreal art and animation... but still coherent in everything else.

I liked the anime more so, but IIRC the manga takes a different path in the ending... IF I remember correctly. Why did I like the anime more? The style the characters were drawn in. Soul Eater NOT closely resembles the original style used in the manga. Not only that, but I felt the humor was more alive in the anime (probably helps because people were actually talking and I'm not just reading it kuz eye hahz bat eemashenashen). I liked the Jap dub more than the english dub.

Gomez likes this

Planning on starting the new Parasyte anime sometime later on today.

Planning on starting the new Parasyte anime sometime later on today.

They're on episode 2 right now. I think.

LOOKS HYPE!

tumblr_nd517ex6vd1s5mgubo1_500.gif

"8/10 I liked it."

-ign

It's quite the unique little bundle of freaky surreal art and animation... but still coherent in everything else.

I liked the anime more so, but IIRC the manga takes a different path in the ending... IF I remember correctly. Why did I like the anime more? The style the characters were drawn in. Soul Eater NOT closely resembles the original style used in the manga. Not only that, but I felt the humor was more alive in the anime (probably helps because people were actually talking and I'm not just reading it kuz eye hahz bat eemashenashen). I liked the Jap dub more than the english dub.

You forgot to mention it's great music.

They're on episode 2 right now. I think.

LOOKS HYPE!

First episode was quite fun. Didn't hold back in the gore department either.

It's Parasyte.

They even show dick arms.

Think some gore is gonna stop Parasyte?

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's Parasyte.

They even show dick arms.

Think some gore is gonna stop Parasyte?

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Watching second episode, dying of laughter. :D

Code Geass. I love that Johnny Yong Bosch (Dubbed).

Here's one for ye:

Darker Than Black

That's how I like my coffee.

Code Geass. I love that Johnny Yong Bosch (Dubbed).

Nobody cares about him

Liam Obrien is love. Liam Obrien is life.

But seriously.

Asides from the yaoi-looking style that everyone has... And the weird names... and the second season... and how the fights go from strategy to "Look at my dick, it's bigger than yours now-" "NO! BEHOLD! MY OTHER DICK! I HAD IT SECRETLY UPGRADED! IT'S THE BIGGEST DICK IN THE WORLD! MWAHAHAHA!"

It's great.

Like, 8/10.

It's got about everything. Mechs. Bitches. Ninjas. Terrorists. Jedi mind tricks. Light Yagami bullshit. Chess.  Racism. Genocide. Violence. Drama. Love. Mystery. And story. And fucking highscho-

The story can be a bit... out there... but (like Madoka) if you can spam the "Just go with it" button, everything will be okay.

The drama is certainly there. It's very dramatic. You know that character you want the main character hook up with? Dead. You know that one main character? Yeah, dead.

It's all great

Up until the second season. Where it's a mess. The plot is kind of confusing and starts to lose me, they bring up shit they never talked about, the M.Night Shamalalaan twists are too twisty for me, so I have to watch Geass Twist (great abridged series). And some of the characters kinda have their motivations and personalities... clouded? Like, take JYB. He hates this one guy. A lot. So much that he actually wants him to die. And justifiably so. Then that guy dies. JYB gets sad and stuff and buries him. WHAT? But, hey whatever. They also introduce some other fucking bullshit. And when I say bullshit, I MEAN SOME FUCKING BULLSHIT. "That's why the emperor did all that shit? What the fuck is that? Why? That seems lazy."

It's pretty much that until the final episodes.

Then holy shit.

It's good again. The final episodes (more like THE final episode) is a fitting ending for this series. And it still makes you question stuff.

It's quite lengthy, and can get a bit boring in some places. But, the amount of action, drama, intrigue, and wondering if Johnny Young Bosch is a good guy who paved his way to hell with good intentions, or an absolute douche nugget will keep you entranced!

Gomez likes this

That's how I like my coffee.

Why do you hate me so? xD

As for Code Geass, I liked the series quite a bit, but I fucking hated Lelouch. Probably one of the most annoying main characters I've seen. Felt like the baby version of Light from Death Note.

Why do you hate me so? xD

As for Code Geass, I liked the series quite a bit, but I fucking hated Lelouch. Probably one of the most annoying main characters I've seen. Felt like the baby version of Light from Death Note.

I liked him more than Light. But that's like saying I liked Anakin more than Darth Vader.

They're essentially the same. Except Lelouch wasn't... evil?????

Gomez likes this

Your lie in April is pretty good for a splice of life anime right now.

Denki Gai No Honya san is good comedy one as well

I liked him more than Light. But that's like saying I liked Anakin more than Darth Vader.

They're essentially the same. Except Lelouch wasn't... evil?????

I lost all and any respect for him after his class mate got killed (the one who had a crush on Lelouch). Not to even mention that dick moves he pulled on his group.

Am i the only one that didn't like Light? Don't get me wrong, i didn't hate him or the series, but he seemed too linear for a main character. The end of the anime (never read the series) was kinda sad and pathetic and could have ended better for such a nice build up. Code Geass the characters I liked were Suzaku and Kallen. Johnny Yong Bosch was just the reason why I gave it (and any other anime he's in) a shot. $$80,000,000,000 Black Frog Power Ranger FTW, what what!

2and900 and Sol Omega like this

I lost all and any respect for him after his class mate got killed (the one who had a crush on Lelouch). Not to even mention that dick moves he pulled on his group.

DUDE!

SPOILERS!

Your lie in April is pretty good for a splice of life anime right now.

Denki Gai No Honya san is good comedy one as well

I've watched neither.

And they're not done yet I think.

Denki does look outstandingly hilarious.