• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nalessa

Firefall is launching on 29th on steam for those who might want to check it out!

14 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let people know it's finally launching!

And it'll have some big changes aswell, if you already had an old beta account, you can start playing early access on the 15th, if not you can play completely for free one the 29th, or buy a starter pack for early acces (costs 30$).

You don't have to use steam though, you can play through the client just like always (you just can't get steam cards, achievments, etc etc ... if this is something you're interested in)

I can tell you as someone who has followed them for over a year now, this is a really cool game, some of the nicest devs aswell that I ever interacted with and the launch updates add alot of really cool stuff to the game. (and yes, even items breaking is gone now, they absolutely listen to their fanbase on suggestions how to improve the game)

You can read up on alot of the changes already on their blogs on the news section here: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/

Trust me when I say, it's worth taking a look at this one, even for people who left a while ago.

I gatta say, I was with this game when it first started it's CBT. Played it for a while, then put it down, played it on and off for a time. Got back into it During the early access, and I think it's worth checking out. Unlike most FTP games, you really don't need to spend a dime on it if you don't want to. There's no reason to. Everything you can buy with real money, you can get with in-game money. Just play the market. You can exchange currency for "Beans" which is the real money currency. You can buy VIP status with in-game money, depending how the economy is, you can get it cheaper then actually buying it. Same with other things. Like camos, colors, vanity items, and battleframes. Though, you can unlock new frames by maxing one out, then spend the pilot tokens to get one of the "advanced frames".  They have made so many changes to the game, and mostly for the best. Though, right now, there are a few broken missions. That should be taken care of when it goes live.

Last time I played with it, it handled like arse. No thank you.

One big plus is also you aren't region locked with servers, you can be from na or eu, it doesn't matter you can still hop on each others' shards and play with each other.

Hotfixes and maintenance also don't bring down all servers, hotfixes can be applied directly even while the servers are still up and maintenance can be done by simply closing one shard and move everyone to another one so you never have downtime.

The only reason the server would be down is big patches or power outages.

This game has been surprisenly good. I remember seeing it a few years ago at PAX and playing around some in a really old Beta build. Man has it changed. It really feels like a mix of Tribes and Borderlands now which is not a bad thing. Definitely worth checking out, it may turn out to be my new favorite F2P MMO just for how much dang fun it is and how well the Market is set up. I don't feel like I'm forced to buy anything, though I was happy to put some money into the game to support it. This is the game I was hoping PS 2 would have been more like with open PVP but some objective missions to satisfy when I wanted to fly solo.

I have early access r had now that its over, lmao

Add me to friends list Cleopatra is in game name

will be on after 6PM CST the 29th

you may add me to your friend list ign "DarkerKnight", just playing around killing chosen ;)

Heyyo,

I have this one on download and will have to give it a go maybe tonight.

One big plus is also you aren't region locked with servers, you can be from na or eu, it doesn't matter you can still hop on each others' shards and play with each other.

Hotfixes and maintenance also don't bring down all servers, hotfixes can be applied directly even while the servers are still up and maintenance can be done by simply closing one shard and move everyone to another one so you never have downtime.

The only reason the server would be down is big patches or power outages.

That's actually a big plus for me. That was one of the things I hated most about most MMO's is not being able to jump from server to server... so for example, on Planetside 2 I have a TR soldier on Emerald server... luckily the AJSA clan is on there, so if I get back into the game bigtime instead of rarely I'd probably join their outfit. BUT, if I was unlucky enough to be on a different server? I would have been screwed or needed to pay a transfer fee. That sucks when that happens lol.

I've had a Firefall account and beta access since super early beta.  It has changed so much that its not funny. 

I logged in last night to see the launch changes and I have to say part of my is very pleased with some of the changes.  Yes the quest board and leveling brings more of a standard progression to the game but the crafting system is SO much better than any previous version.

I just tried it and the first mission it was constantly stopping and starting for various lame cutscenes, after about the 5th time this happened I was considering quiting, but i persevered and evenrtually made it through, but what  chore it was.  I hope the rest of the game isnt like that.

The menu is annoying, often the mosue hover over infos cover up the buttons and sliders you want to use.

will have to give it more playtime and with friends to come to  better conclusion.

Few days ago a couple of friends and I re-discovered Firefall. The game has been in BETA forever and it finally had its release a month ago. We're really enjoying our time in the game but would love it if we had more people with us. I would love to review the game for you but I know I would do a horrible job of it, the most I dare to say is that it's a F2P co-op MMOFPS. Here are some links that can tell you more about it:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/ (official website)

AngryJoe's interview with the CEO

Good Youtube review

Some of the things mentioned in the youtube links have been changed and work in a different way now but the game is still just as interesting if not more than before. So would anyone from the Angry Army be interested in this? I really hope we could get an army (game's equivalent of guilds) going.

EDIT: I don't know if a thread like this one already exists, I used the search function but searching for "firefall" gave me nothing so I suppose there are none. If it already exists please link it in the comments.

Heyyo,

There is this thread here:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/20862-firefall-is-launching-on-29th-on-steam-for-those-who-might-want-to-check-it-out/

It was designed more around the beta period of the game though but has progressed as post-release too.

Requesting thread merge.

I dunno, I tried Firefall and the AI wasn't very smart... much like traditional MMORPG AI... they kind of just run in a straight line or do stilly stuff. I must say, I did enjoy Global Agenda more than Firefall. :\

The graphics though on Firefall.. are amazing. The render distance and how well it runs reminds me of Planetside 2 which is an extremely good thing... but I just feel let down with the AI... since it's a co-op focused MMOFPS the AI is so important... yet I had way more fun on other co-op fps games like Borderlands, Dead Island and the above mentioned Global Agenda.

If they touch up the AI and maybe make it feel less generic MMO? Maybe I'll give it a go again because I definitely see the potential in this one... it's just not quite realized yet.

Level 16 as of this post, I am enjoying it despite its flaws. Same name as on here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0