• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SgtRoss

SgtRoss reporting as ordered!

143 posts in this topic

Good evening,

I am SgtRoss of the AJSA Council and I would like to welcome you all to the Angry Army. I was not told to come here and introduce myself, but in my opinion it is a common courtesy to the troops to do so.

To give a little background on myself, I started gaming right around when the first Doom came out and really got into online play with the release of Quake and Ultima Online. I came on to the competitive gaming scene around 98-99 with Starsiege: Tribes when TWL and OGL ladders were just babies. Since then I have been a huge fan of MMOs and FPS's.

I have been married for over ten years and I served six years in the Marine Corps infantry as a 0341 (infantry mortarman, 60mm mortars to be specific), with multiple deployments including MEUs and one to Afghanistan. I was in 1/5 Charlie company and 1/23 Alpha Company for those six years in a weapons platoon, except for deployments where we generally were turned into a rifle platoon.

I was promoted to Sergeant in 2011 during my third month in Afghanistan, thus my name SgtRoss, which is a direct reflection of reality, I am a Marine Corps Sergeant named Ross.

I have been real life friends (I live down the street from him) with our Lord Commander AngryJoe for many years now and since my return from active duty a couple years ago, have become more and more involved in our friendship. I have been working behind the scenes with him to get this community off the ground for this reboot, so now, here I am as one of your council members.

I look forward to meeting every one of you and can't wait to see you all on the battlefield.

Victory or Death!

Picture taken of me from my gunner on our MRAP during a dismounted patrol.

post-22-0-79479500-1383951015_thumb.jpg

Good to have you here SgtRoss!

glad to see more of the higher ranks spending some time to chat with the community!

ProRom likes this

Oorah! You should like a really awesome person, thank you for serving our country and our Lord Commander  :D

Chappy likes this

Welcome! And I thank you for your service to our country!

Go easy on us Sgt!   ;)

Former Black Watch Infantry Cpl right here, much respect brother.

Lets kicks some ass out there! 

Much respect for military and respect for helping Angry Joe with launching this creation. Been watching him since he started and its awesome hearing from the background.

I'm not one to be in the spot light but the one behind the camera :)

Greetings SgtRoss! Thanks for everything you have done!

Greeting SgtRoss! Looking forward to fighting along/against on the battlefield!

Seems all the council people are making Introduction Posts... Joe should do one too :D

Cause, why not?

TheMuffinMan, bringing delicious baked death to our enemies. For the AJSA!

vaanhide likes this

I think you and me were in Afghanistan at the same time

Nice to have a Vet in the AJSA welcome home.

vaanhide likes this

Welcome soldier!

Welcome, nakama. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's good to see the higher ranks mixing with the plebs SGT Ross

SgtRoss reporting as ordered.

I was not told to come here and introduce myself

I'm confused :D

But very good of you to introduce yourself, it is a nice thought and it makes the gap between high ranking officers and lowly recruits not seem that great.

Hi im the new guy i just joined today. 

hope to seeya on the battlefield sarge.