• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Null

New 3DS revealed on JPN Nintendo Direct

22 posts in this topic

It comes with improved 3D viewing, utilizing the camera to track you head movements.  Improved CPU, has a c-stick, two new shoulder buttons, improved download speeds, NFC support built into the bottom touchscreen, improved browser functionality, and the a,b,x,y buttons have classic Super Famicom colors.  Utilizes micro SD instead of large SD.  Will be hitting store shelves on October 11th in Japan.  Price for standard is 16,000 yen and 18,000 yen for the LL.  Roughly $150 and $170, respectively.

630x.jpg

Clumsyninja and DoctorEvil like this

Well i feel damn thankful i didn't pick up a 3ds XL at gamestop the other day, but the announcement doesn't give a date for release for other regions until "next year" so kinda bummed by that. Nintendo please release crap in more places at the same time.

I feel like however much R&D money they spent putting this together would have been better spent figuring out how they can make up for their relatively weak performance in this console generation. Making yet another model of 3DS most likely isn't going to fix any of their problems.

I feel like however much R&D money they spent putting this together would have been better spent figuring out how they can make up for their relatively weak performance in this console generation. Making yet another model of 3DS most likely isn't going to fix any of their problems.

Actually this new model will have improved performance and hardware apparently, if i was nintendo i would change the name of the new model. I was pissed about the lack of games at the launch of the Wii U but now it seems we are getting a good amount of games coming done the line, even with out some of the 3rd parties like Ubisoft (who can go fuck themselves at this point for all i care). When the 3ds first came out it also lacked a good line up of games but now has a nice beefy amount of games coming out for it regularly.  

nintendo announced 3ds LL for spring 2015 (europe release).

so noone goes on to buy a "regular" 3ds this christmas.

nintendo and marketing is mostly an epic fail  :blink:

note: there will be in future some games exclusive for the 3ds LL and wont work with the "regular" 3ds.

btw. i think "regular" 3ds drop in price very fast during next months.

If you want to play any of the New Nintendo 3DS exclusive titles, which as of now, is just Xenoblade, then yes, you will have to upgrade, unfortunately.

If you want to play any of the New Nintendo 3DS exclusive titles, which as of now, is just Xenoblade, then yes, you will have to upgrade, unfortunately.

They should at least give it a new title like 3DS Plus or something nice but new 3ds name sucks

This will be a good opportunity to play xenoblade chronicles.

Indeed, on both counts.  I mean they colored the buttons like the Super Famicom, so why not call it the Super Nintendo 3DS.  Seems like a missed opportunity.

One thing I'm sort of worried about...

I have a bunch of games purchased digitally onto the sd card on my 3DS. There needs to be a way to get those transferred easily. Other than that, I hope it's still compatible with DS games. I never bought an XL and was meaning to upgrade. I'll just wait a little longer.

I also hope the battery life is better or that Nyko or Mugen or someone else can release a better battery for this new 3DS as well. I like using the 3D feature and that kills the stock battery very quickly.

Good lord! Nintendo has received so much criticism for announcing this, it's like when they announced the dsi. 

On the bright side, I bought a 3ds over a year ago, so this isn't a total loss for me, whether or not I'll be upgrading depends if they'll offer a better price if you trade in your current 3ds.

Yeah, I'm definitely in that camp as well.  I bought my 3DS on launch, so I will have had it for 4 years with no upgrades.  I'm glad they're giving us an all around enhanced version of the 3DS that fixes a lot of the problems I had with it.  The woes of being an early adopter is a year of no games, but the consequence of adopting later is a situation like this.  Though.....still region locked.  My blue balls are beginning to sting pretty badly.

Mellow and Arch like this

1) Change the name it retarded.

2.) offer sometype of trade in program.

3.) Why doesn't it come with a charger?

4.) People who just bought a 3ds stop bitching, just because you are a very late adopter doesn't mean nintendo is going to wait on bringing out new hardware forever.

Great news for us. We get the bone for once, instead of America. And that NEVER happens. N.E.V.E.R. Cant even name a list on more than one hand of the things we get before America.

Great news for us. We get the bone for once, instead of America. And that NEVER happens. N.E.V.E.R. Cant even name a list on more than one hand of the things we get before America.

One of the cons of living in Australia i suppose, that and the asinine violent video game laws. 

mouseno4 likes this

One of the cons of living in Australia i suppose, that and the asinine violent video game laws. 

FINALLY. An American who understands that it is our LAWS and not us preventing games from releasing here. So sick of Americans slapping us in the face because of our video game laws. We didnt create them, the politicians did.

FINALLY. An American who understands that it is our LAWS and not us preventing games from releasing here. So sick of Americans slapping us in the face because of our video game laws. We didnt create them, the politicians did.

I am going to be honest, i didn't think anyone yelled at normal Australians for the dumb ass shit there politicians do. Its not like Australia is the only country with moronic censorship laws there are a few others, Germany has some stupid censorship laws in place especially if it has anything to do with Nazis. Hell even in the states there is always some moronic fucking politician or group that try to ban/censor violent video games every time something tragic occurs. Do they ever talk about the fact the kid or individual was mentally sick or "Hey maybe the mother shouldn't have taught her mentally ill kid how to use fire arms?", Fuck NO. They have to try to make a name for themselves no matter how many times the "video games cause violence myth" is debunked. The U.K. just finished a 10 year research project into if there was a connection between violent crimes and violent video games and found none. Politicians in the States will completely ignore the fact that crime over all has been declining over the past few decades.

mouseno4 likes this

I am going to be honest, i didn't think anyone yelled at normal Australians for the dumb ass shit there politicians do. Its not like Australia is the only country with moronic censorship laws there are a few others, Germany has some stupid censorship laws in place especially if it has anything to do with Nazis. Hell even in the states there is always some moronic fucking politician or group that try to ban/censor violent video games every time something tragic occurs. Do they ever talk about the fact the kid or individual was mentally sick or "Hey maybe the mother shouldn't have taught her mentally ill kid how to use fire arms?", Fuck NO. They have to try to make a name for themselves no matter how many times the "video games cause violence myth" is debunked. The U.K. just finished a 10 year research project into if there was a connection between violent crimes and violent video games and found none. Politicians in the States will completely ignore the fact that crime over all has been declining over the past few decades.

You would be surprised to learn its everywhere. Constantly in our face. Some people are more adept at ignoring its existence than others, but its still there.

You would be surprised to learn its everywhere. Constantly in our face. Some people are more adept at ignoring its existence than others, but its still there.

Can't say I've noticed any Australian bigoted remarks myself, but it's sad that kind of garbage happens.  It's not enough you Aussie gamers have to deal with shit prices, missing releases, censorship, but also that kind of stuff.  Relentless.

Politicians in the States will completely ignore the fact that crime over all has been declining over the past few decades.

unfortunately for us in the UK crime is actually on the rise overall. there's plenty of towns and small cities where it looks like nothing is going on, but there's plenty of drugs, illegal guns, and a lot of alcohol fueled violent crime during the nights when people get wasted at clubs and bars.

and then of course you have places like south and east london - likely to be stabbed, shot, or abducted at certain times of the day.

ANYWAY.... looks like if i do go for a 3DS i should wait until next year, unless i can find a normal 3DS really cheap.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0