• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

skullhead51

Archeage OBT and Launch Date Confirmed!

15 posts in this topic

This game is the one, the next big MMO for us. Bring it on!

Yep this was the first thing I found out after I woke up this morning. I expected they will reveal the launch date yesterday on PAX, but i wasn't expecting it to come next month. This makes me very excited, although very worried at the same time. It even sounds too soon when you think about it.

1. There were still bugs on last beta. Minor ones but still bugs... Like pets leaving your toolbar, city titles do not display as you enter towns and etc. Im sure there are more.

2. Labor system. They made an official announcement that they are discussing this with XL games and will try to tweak it. Didn't hear anything about it ever since. Whats happening ?

3. APEX system. Its a pretty important system and will influence the economy a lot. It was not even tested or tweaked. Bad things can happen...

4. Our own AJSA guild policy. Im not pointing at anything or anyone, but you all know at this day we are not ready. We don't even know if we are going big on the game as AJ said or not(game AJSA official?No?). Faction? Guild leader ? Landgrab policy? Crafting professions of AJSA?

This is whats on top of my head right now. I will try to resolve #4 in these few weeks. I hope Trion knows what they're doing about the 1# 2# 3#.

Expect lots of threads, polls, hate and discussion on the forums during the start of the September. 

See you there,

MoVe

Fredslund and fuzzypanda like this

Everything stated below is only based on what I have heard from people that attended the PAX event.  You can also hear it all discussed on this stream past broadcast about 40 min into it is the announcement with any additional info spread out afterwards. http://www.twitch.tv/happyghost1/b/563273972

They said that archeum rates and other fixes (including mana regen changes) will be in OBT.  Also apparently they will lock Auroria on release for 4-6 months (Edit: Apparently a misunderstanding and it may just be 4-6 weeks).  I hope that's not true or will be changed since that is far too long  They are also working on a mini tractor since people won't be able to get burning logs in auroria, they decided to have an alternative early-game tractor.

Now if this is all true, this could turn out to be a huge disaster IF they screw things up.  They are basically introducing changes that will only be tested in the few days of OBT.

The APEX system is to be tested during the open beta as well. Honestly I'm excited but disapointed at the same time. I was hoping to get 2 more closed betas in so they have the time to test and get things playable and then a 2-3 week 24 hour open beta to test APEX, New Items they want to put in as well as Server Load caps etc etc. XD I like to be thorough with big things but if they think they got it, then I hope they got it.

I share all of those concerns, MoVe.  Everyone is excited for such a quick release.  I have to be honest, I'm really not =)

There are many annoying bugs, including performance and UI bugs, and many features to be tested in a short time.  It's quite possible they will all be fixed and everything will be dandy, but I have yet to see an MMO release smoothly on day 1.  The biggest concern is that we have less time than we thought to prepare for release and I have yet to see discussions about the official AJSA release guild.

I have to admit that Trion is not really one of the best or most experienced developers out there, and that hasn't really changed since they added publishing to their record.  Not the best, but not the worst either, so I don't expect total failure here.  Hoping for the best.

Okay so some things were cleared up, Auroria may open 4-6 weeks after release. However this remains unconfirmed.  I thought there was something wrong with that info there. lol

From what I understand based on speaking to some people, we will be the Firran and the Herani, if thats how its spelled. Those servers on the open beta will be there during launch, so I suggest we all play during the open beta from the 4th to the 8th so we can discuss about the game and such. I hope to see all of you there!

Lol so much crazy stuff going on for end of alpha.  I might post some screenshots after.

During open beta we will still be on the Aranzeb server and as the western faction. Before people start jumping on the eastern faction and wondering where the hell the guild is.