• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What is the Worst fighting game you have ever seen or played?

39 posts in this topic

I was just browsing through google to find obscure fighting games. Then I stumbled across one that is so Godawful. Urgh!!! It's called Fighting Eyes. Prepare to witness true horror.

If that's still not bad enough, take a look at everyone's super attack, and laugh at the sheer stupidity.

Do you know a horrible fighting game you have either seen or played before that annoys the crap out of you?

I find any of the fighting game series' that were ported from consoles to PCs to be particularly horrible, not because of the gameplay itself but because they were clearly half-assed ports, I've seen games being ported to the PC that still have the blue, green, yellow bollocks all over the screens/menus because the developers couldn't be bothered changing things for the keyboard so you had to go through hundreds of menus and so on to try and figure everything out. Eventually I just gave up on fighting games altogether, basically the only reason console games seem to be 'better' than PC is because they've made the PC ports so shit it's unbearable to play them.

Even Fable 3 was done this way and they specifically boasted about how it wouldn't be just a console port and they'd make a proper PC version when it oh so blatantly was just another shitty console port.

I find any of the fighting game series' that were ported from consoles to PCs to be particularly horrible, not because of the gameplay itself but because they were clearly half-assed ports, I've seen games being ported to the PC that still have the blue, green, yellow bollocks all over the screens/menus because the developers couldn't be bothered changing things for the keyboard so you had to go through hundreds of menus and so on to try and figure everything out. Eventually I just gave up on fighting games altogether, basically the only reason console games seem to be 'better' than PC is because they've made the PC ports so shit it's unbearable to play them.

Even Fable 3 was done this way and they specifically boasted about how it wouldn't be just a console port and they'd make a proper PC version when it oh so blatantly was just another shitty console port.

I bought Super Street Fighter 4 for PC and I played that with my PS3 controller. I played other games on PC that's much easier with a controller too. If you have a PS3 you can plug it in your computer and play with it by using a program called Motion joy.

http://motioninjoy.en.uptodown.com/

If you don't have a PS3, you can always buy a wired Xbox360 controller or a custom PC controller.

No, why do I need to buy extra shit in order to be able to play a game that should have just been programmed properly in the first place? >_<

No, why do I need to buy extra shit in order to be able to play a game that should have just been programmed properly i

Youn tried to play a fighting game with mouse and keyboard? And in your view the game is programmed badly ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Much like stratgy games are not designed to be played with a joypad. Fighting games are not designed to be played with keyboards.

Right tool. Right job.

Plasma Swword by capcom was just Terrible. One of the only fighting games I really remember Capcom fucking up.

Also there was this game on PS1 called Bushido blade where you could kill someone with one hit. Sounds like a goo idea until you just ned up have 3 second matches.

Crazycrab likes this

You haven't played one must fall have you? HERETIC!

scuse me while I just dance to this music :D

Kaz32 likes this

No, why do I need to buy extra shit in order to be able to play a game that should have just been programmed properly in the first place? >_<

What do you expect from a fighting game on PC? Expect it to be the same as an action fps game and using the mouse? Every one of those requires keyboard knowledge.

You haven't played one must fall have you? HERETIC!

scuse me while I just dance to this music :D

Hm, so is this supposed to be a good game or a horrible game?

This is a fantastic game, not just a good game, it's one of those games I played in my childhood lol :P

This is a fantastic game, not just a good game, it's one of those games I played in my childhood lol :P

Oh this game! I remember it now. Is this the one where you can upgrade the robots and do a fatality esque move to destroy enemies?

This needs to be remade.

Ahem, but this thread is about horrible fighting games you know, so please share those too.

You didn't upgrade them but I do remember unlocking them and stuff and lmao I was just responding to the guy that was claiming that fighting games weren't designed to be played with keyboards.

This was actually one of the only fighting games I've played where I'd be able to do the combinations on purpose.

I can play pretty well with my keyboard, not close to a professional level but surely much better than the average player. It's just a matter of practice and getting used to the inputs I certainly do better with the keyboard than with a controller these days and I'm not the only one either, a likely side-effect from the early arcade emulation era.

On bad fighting games, I guess the numerous UFC games all apply... Boring as hell. But what was really bad were the SF2 rip-offs of the 90's, nowadays it's mostly just a few well established games.

I haven't played many but the few I have, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. It was just so horribly balanced and it only seemed to get worst with every update they put out for it.

Sol Omega likes this

Okay 1) Someone said some mad shit against Bushido Blade. Why? It's a mind game. It's meant to play with someone right next to you. I mean, even in real fights, you need to win through mind games (not all the time, but it helps). That's how Bushido Blade is meant to be played. Gotta make your opponent fuck up, and take advantage of it.

Although if you don't think that way, it's basically Soul Calibur with one hit kills.

2) Why did no one bring up Shaq Fu?

3) NSFW fighter games like Strip Fighter. Or an even more unsavory named title like Rape Fighter.

4) Ballz 3D. Never Forget. Never Forgive. I own this shit. And I mastered it.

Null and Gone too like this

The worst one I've played was Rise of the Robots.

I've seen games being ported to the PC that still have the blue, green, yellow bollocks all over the screens/menus because the developers couldn't be bothered changing things for the keyboard so you had to go through hundreds of menus and so on to try and figure everything out.

Pretty sure the games are meant to be played with a controller or fight stick, I wouldn't even try to play a fighting game with a keyboard. Same lazy thing they do with console versions though where they show all the buttons as they are in the arcade.

4) Ballz 3D. Never Forget. Never Forgive. I own this shit. And I mastered it.

Taunt the Ostrich!

I nominate Mortal Kombat 3 for the R-Zone and Star Wars: Teras Kasi

Sol Omega likes this

And no one mentions Girl Fight?

Anita Sarkeesian did. Sort of. Not really. I played it. DoA is better.

Anita Sarkeesian did. Sort of. Not really. I played it. DoA is better.

Yup. Only thing that game made stiff was the controls.

Sol Omega likes this

Actually you COULD upgrade your robots in one must fall (and your pilots too!). But funny that game was brought up because while I don't know if its the worst, it's one of the worst... the sequel to one must fall, they butchered the game sooo bad... it's horrible.

notice that the unloader says please kill me.. it's that bad. I mean it doesn't look pretty fun but trust me it plays oh so much even worse.

Good ol' Street Fighter: The Movie the game.

Yes, the sequel to one must fall was definitely butchered, I don't know how but they even managed to nerf that epic music :(

kay 1) Someone said some mad shit against Bushido Blade. Why? It's a mind game. It's meant to play with someone right next to you. I mean, even in real fights, you need to win through mind games (not all the time, but it helps). That's how Bushido Blade is meant to be played. Gotta make your opponent fuck up, and take advantage of it.

Although if you don't think that way, it's basically Soul Calibur with one hit kills.

Yup that was me. I was like 14 at the time so it was SC with one hit kills I think I had Soul Edge at the same time soo....  It was fun for a little while but the allure quickly fell away.

Also PRIMAL RAGE!

The Dinosaur fighting game with the impossible moves list! 

I never played Bushido blade but I played bushido blade 2, and quite frankly I thought it was a cool game. One of the best parts about it imo is that the hitbox mechanics weren't completely arbitrary-feeling like they are in virtually every other fighting game to me (basically the #1 reason I can't get into fighting games in general.. other than one must fall.. It also didn't have stupid hitbox mechanics, if both bots hit each other at the same time, they both got hurt at the same time.. none of this one gets hurt and the other doesn't when both clearly gets hit bs I see every other fighting game do).

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC ead the worst fighting game I've ever played.