• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

frogben998

Should i get GTA V on the xbox one or the pc?

37 posts in this topic

I was wondering if i should get the xbox one version of GTA, or get the PC version, My PC build is a GTX 780, 8GB of ram and Intel i5-4670k

Lets start at the beginning; Why are you even considering getting it on either platform? What made you ask the question?

Shagger likes this

I have to say, I'm with berserker on this. Nobody knows what the PC port is going to be like at this point. I'd put good money on the console version, if any, being more stable at launch, but who can say.

Seriously, I'd wait untill it's out and let the internet play guinea pig for you.

Berserker likes this

With the hardware setup you have it would be a waste to not get it on PC. Even if the PC version has a rocky start it will be short lived, Rockstar has gotten much better with their PC games, case in point Max Payne 3.

Get it on the PC, you will regret it if you don't.

GiraffeOverlord likes this

If you know your PC can handle it, go for it on there.

If you can handle it and the port is decent get it for pc because I'm sure there will be some awesome mods. 

I agree with others on the point of waiting for the reviews or TB's "Wtf is...". Unless you're in such a hurry to buy it as if your life depended on it.

Pc.. but ya wait for some community feedback. I'd imagine the AJSA (me included) will be MUCH more active on the PC version  as well :)

Never, ever, EVER preorder Any game. Wait a few days and see the general consensus of the internet to see if the port is good. Keep in mind this game will be hard on an older pc so make sure your pc is up to par.  Hopefully the community on pc will be better than it is on last gen consoles, people get mad for no reason and it's almost impossible to make any friends. Also MODS :)

The advice you've gotten so far has been pretty much unanimously agreed upon myself included.

While I'm pretty sure the PC version will probably be better, I agree that you should wait until it's actually out. If the PC version is buggy though I'd wait to see if it gets solved before jumping on the xbone. Reason is your PC is good for one, but also because GTA games on the PC can be pretty mod-friendly, and that will improve the replay value too if GTA5 is mod friendly as well. You'll also be able to play online free. or is multiplay gaming on xbone free as well now?

Get the PC version, BUTTTTT!!!!! Don't pre-order because when GTA 4 came out on PC it didn't really go well.....Then it was forgotten.....Then someone made an Iron Man mod and everything changed.

I'm going to go with the PC port, thanks guys!

Legolas_Katarn likes this

I was wondering if i should get the xbox one version of GTA, or get the PC version, My PC build is a GTX 780, 8GB of ram and Intel i5-4670k

i would say xbox one because if history repeats itself, which it normally does with rockstar games - the GTA5 PC version WILL be a console port, no question, and if we look back to GTA4, that sucked for a very long time before anything was playable decently. i do not count 3rd party modders providing dogdy installation files on random modding websites as an excuse to say the PC version is totally ok.

i can almost guarantee, or i am very confident that the day it releases on next gen and PC, the PC version will have many problems out of the box, the PC community will be raging and making death threats all over the place against rockstar, and it will be months before anything is fixed.

meanwhile, xbox one and PS4 versions are going to work flawlessly, just like the 360 and PS3 versions worked flawlessly right out of the box. not only that, the other main reason why you should go console instead of PC is because this game is heavily orientated around the replayable and addictive online mode - of which literally EVERY gamer uses currently the auto aim with a controller.

on the PC this will be no different, everyone's gonna have the auto aim turned on. what exactly is the point in playing a console designed game on the PC competitively online when everyone is just going to be using auto aim? why bother using the kb and mouse with auto aim, you might as well just use a 360 controller for windows. it feels and plays just like a console game....

yet if you played it on an actual console you would have the comfort of your couch which allows for much longer gaming session hours into the late nights rather than an uncomfortable desk chair, and a much larger screen and if you have not been cheap on your living room experience - surround sound.

it will probably get all the online updates with new guns and cars before the PC version as well. if you dont already have a next gen console this is 100% the right time to buy one, because this game is coming and plenty of others which are finally worthy of a purchase have been announced, so it wouldnt be like you bought the console just for gta5.

personally i am highly considering the PS4 version because i also really want to replay last of us remastered, and i want uncharted 4, and there's also bloodborne, evil within and alien isolation that i would prefer to have a living room / TV / playstation network experience of rather than sitting at my gaming PC on my small and pathetic 24 inch monitor compared to the 37 inch in the living room.

Shagger and Berserker like this

i would say xbox one because if history repeats itself, which it normally does with rockstar games - the GTA5 PC version WILL be a console port, no question, and if we look back to GTA4, that sucked for a very long time before anything was playable decently. i do not count 3rd party modders providing dogdy installation files on random modding websites as an excuse to say the PC version is totally ok. i can almost guarantee, or i am very confident that the day it releases on next gen and PC, the PC version will have many problems out of the box, the PC community will be raging and making death threats all over the place against rockstar, and it will be months before anything is fixed. meanwhile, xbox one and PS4 versions are going to work flawlessly, just like the 360 and PS3 versions worked flawlessly right out of the box. not only that, the other main reason why you should go console instead of PC is because this game is heavily orientated around the replayable and addictive online mode - of which literally EVERY gamer uses currently the auto aim with a controller. on the PC this will be no different, everyone's gonna have the auto aim turned on. what exactly is the point in playing a console designed game on the PC competitively online when everyone is just going to be using auto aim? why bother using the kb and mouse with auto aim, you might as well just use a 360 controller for windows. it feels and plays just like a console game.... yet if you played it on an actual console you would have the comfort of your couch which allows for much longer gaming session hours into the late nights rather than an uncomfortable desk chair, and a much larger screen and if you have not been cheap on your living room experience - surround sound. it will probably get all the online updates with new guns and cars before the PC version as well. if you dont already have a next gen console this is 100% the right time to buy one, because this game is coming and plenty of others which are finally worthy of a purchase have been announced, so it wouldnt be like you bought the console just for gta5. personally i am highly considering the PS4 version because i also really want to replay last of us remastered, and i want uncharted 4, and there's also bloodborne, evil within and alien isolation that i would prefer to have a living room / TV / playstation network experience of rather than sitting at my gaming PC on my small and pathetic 24 inch monitor compared to the 37 inch in the living room.

I gotta say fridge, I liked this post not because I fully agree, but because it takes some serious balls to talk up a console like that on these threads. I gotta hand it to ya.

fridgeracer and Berserker like this

Give it a few days. If the reports are good, get it and gobble up all the mods that will inevitably come forward.

I gotta say fridge, I liked this post not because I fully agree, but because it takes some serious balls to talk up a console like that on these threads. I gotta hand it to ya.

PC is better in every way on a technical perspective, but there are just some games that simply aren't PC games and never will be. GTA is one of them. there's plenty of others too and this is why i believe every gamer should have a variety i.e. have a gaming PC and have a console.

i believe instead of people complaining online (not here on these forums, just online in general) about how they normally get a number of crappy PC ports of big hit console games, that they should just get a console to play those games. if you can afford a decent gaming PC, then you have already proved your finances. there's no reason why you cannot plow another £350 into a console that will just work forever (probably) and will be getting games made for it for the better half of a decade.

Shagger likes this

PC is better in every way on a technical perspective, but there are just some games that simply aren't PC games and never will be. GTA is one of them.

Grand Theft Auto has always been a PC game... It debuted on PC for crying out loud..
Gone too likes this

You should get both one for friends and party (xbox) and one for your inner dark ego.

If it's like GTA IV port, XBone.

Otherwise, PC.

But it's really strange that you ask us that, because most of us are PC gamers and might be a tad biased.

Grand Theft Auto has always been a PC game... It debuted on PC for crying out loud..

sorry, you are wrong. as quoted from (under section 2D universe Grand Theft Auto (1997), GTA has always been a multi platform game from the very beginning. ontop of that, millions of people think rockstar games / DMA design are american because their HQ is now in new york - despite that, the game series is British made: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)#History

1965463_10153107375303765_35511961408813

PC>Any other version. It will look better, it will play better + the moddability (GTA4 had a ton of mods. I expect the same from GTA 5.)