• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nya`

The Xbox One just got A LOT more enticing.

40 posts in this topic

Between September 7 and September 13, Microsoft will give one free game to anyone who buys an Xbox One, Xbox One with Kinect, Xbox One Madden NFL 15 bundle, or Xbox One Forza Motorsport 5 bundle, the company announced on Thursday.

Microsoft is offering the free deal on any game that's available at the time of purchase. That means everything from Titanfall to the highly anticipated Destiny is included in the deal.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/09/xbox-september-promotion

So what this essentially means is you can get an Xbox One with two free games next week, you can get a bundle and then also get another game for free. As Destiny is essentially the most highly anticipated game in recent years this should dramatically increase sales.

Anyone who was considering buying a next-gen console to play Destiny I think you pretty much found your in. This undercuts the PlayStation 4 Destiny bundle by $50 ($449) if you get the Xbox One without Kinect ($399) and will only cost $50 more than the PS4 bundle if you get an Xbox One with Kinect bundle ($499) PLUS Destiny on top of that.

Microsoft has become a juggernaut, I'm impressed.

It's a smart sales tactic. Certainly better than their poor PR stunt with Tomb Raider.

I have to say if I didn't have a PS4 I would certainly consider this and I am a playstation faithful fan. I don't think it will make a massive difference to sales though as it only appeals to those looking to buy for Destiny or another release this week. If they do this say for all of December then they will steal the xmas sales market for sure.

Why can't we get deals like this in the UK?

It's a smart sales tactic. Certainly better than their poor PR stunt with Tomb Raider.

I have to say if I didn't have a PS4 I would certainly consider this and I am a playstation faithful fan. I don't think it will make a massive difference to sales though as it only appeals to those looking to buy for Destiny or another release this week. If they do this say for all of December then they will steal the xmas sales market for sure.

Destiny is one of the most anticipated games in recent history, it's a system seller for both the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. The fact that Microsoft is completely undercutting Sony by $50 is not only going to severely cut into Sony's Destiny bundle sales, it's going to boost the Xbox One sales massively and continue to hurt Sony for several weeks.

People have been waiting around for the Destiny PS4 bundle to release, that comes out on the 9th with the game, this Xbox deal runs from the 7th through the 13th, an entire week. What this will obviously do is steal people who were going to buy that bundle on the 9th and not just that, it will force the hand of people who were hesitant and going to get this bundle over the next few weeks to pull the trigger on the Xbox before the sale ends.

This is a total deathblow to Sony as far as Destiny is concerned, at least for a few week period.

This is a total deathblow to Sony as far as Destiny is concerned, at least for a few week period.

It's only going effect people who haven't bought a console yet or were considering getting the XBox One as a second platform and the vast majority of people getting Destiny have picked their platform already, so it's not going to make a huge impact this late in the hour.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

I would disagree on that point. If you consider that current sales show a 2:1 ownership of playstation 4's the sales of Xbox1's over that week could only help level the playing field so I think a deathblow is overstating it a bit.

It's a smart play but will only effect those who were planning to buy a next gen console for Destiny or those with deep pockets who can afford to, as you said pull the trigger ahead of a planned xmas purchase.

It's only going effect people who haven't bought a console yet or were considering getting the XBox One as a second platform and the vast majority of people getting Destiny have picked their platform already, so it's not going to make a huge impact this late in the hour.

You're talking as if the amount of consoles sold this generation is even remotely close to hitting the sales ceiling, we're at about 21 million people out of the 263 million who bought consoles from the last generation... There are plenty of people in the market looking for the right opportunity to buy.

This isn't enticing just Xbox supporters, I've already seen Sony supporters all over the Internet praising this deal, wishing they would have got it and quite a few saying they're going to. $50 is a big deal for a lot of people and a lot of people view Destiny as a system seller, the game is going to be 1080p/30FPS on both systems so experience wise it will be identical, the only difference is Sony has some timed DLC, not a big deal.

If you can get the identical experience for $50 cheaper wouldn't you? A lot of people view things that way, their alliance is what fits into their budget best.

Crazycrab likes this

I agree it is a very good deal. And for those without a next gen or someone considering a second console definitely a system seller. I guess we will have to wait and see just how effective it is.

You're talking as if the amount of consoles sold this generation is even remotely close to hitting the sales ceiling, we're at about 21 million people out of the 263 million who bought consoles from the last generation...

There were still people buying PS3's and Xbox 360's even after the news of PS4 and Xbox1 came out which made up many of those number so not as many people as that will be buying this year or even next year.
Crazycrab likes this

You're talking as if the amount of consoles sold this generation is even remotely close to hitting the sales ceiling, we're at about 21 million people out of the 263 million who bought consoles from the last generation... There are plenty of people in the market looking for the right opportunity to buy.

This isn't enticing just Xbox supporters, I've already seen Sony supporters all over the Internet praising this deal, wishing they would have got it and quite a few saying they're going to. $50 is a big deal for a lot of people and a lot of people view Destiny as a system seller, the game is going to be 1080p/30FPS on both systems so experience wise it will be identical, the only difference is Sony has some timed DLC, not a big deal.

If you can get the identical experience for $50 cheaper wouldn't you? A lot of people view things that way, their alliance is what fits into their budget best.

I'm not surprised allot of PlayStation gamer's are praising this deal (hell, I am to!), my point is with the release just a few days away most have already made up their minds about whether to buy the game now or later and witch platform their picking.  It would have made a much more significant difference if was announced a month or 2 ago when more people hadn't made up their minds yet.

Lol Crazycrab beat me to the punch with his comment :P

HA! Slowpoke!

I don't really see the point of quibbling over $50 when you're already spending $400-500. Best case scenario, that's a 12.5% savings. Whoopie.

Then again, I'm the odd man out in all this Destiny talk because I'm apparently the only guy on the internet not hyped about it.

I'm not surprised allot of PlayStation gamer's are praising this deal (hell, I am to!), my point is with the release just a few days away most have already made up their minds about whether to buy the game now or later and witch platform their picking.  It would have made a much more significant difference if was announced a month or 2 ago when more people hadn't made up their minds yet.

HA! Slowpoke!

If I didn't own both a PlayStation 4 and an Xbox One already and I got wind of this while I was in the market for a console, I would get the Xbox 100%. I have an affinity for the Xbox One more than the PlayStation 4 already due to its advanced functionality but even with that not taken into account a better deal is a better deal.

I don't really see the point of quibbling over $50 when you're already spending $400-500. Best case scenario, that's a 12.5% savings. Whoopie.

Then again, I'm the odd man out in all this Destiny talk because I'm apparently the only guy on the internet not hyped about it.

$50 is a days wage for some people, some people save up for weeks and months to get this stuff. If you're at a minimum wage job and all you want to do is play Destiny, a $50 savings is going to be all the difference in the world, not everyone is financially grounded.

When you take into consideration:

People too lazy to cancel their PS4 pre-orders(Yes, that's a real thing)

People being paid bi-weekly

It's a US deal only

The deal only lasting a week

The timing being for Destiny rather than Black Friday or Christmas(I guess they could set up another deal around those times)

Don't get me wrong.  Destiny is a system seller, but it's on PS3 and 360 and Destiny don't got shit on Santa Claus when it comes to moving gaming units.  I question just how solid this will be in terms of actual sales.  Solid deal though for anyone who was planning to buy into Xbox though.  Not quite as solid as the Mario Kart Wii U bundle, but it's still pretty good.

When you take into consideration:

People too lazy to cancel their PS4 pre-orders(Yes, that's a real thing)

People being paid bi-weekly

It's a US deal only

The deal only lasting a week

The timing being for Destiny rather than Black Friday or Christmas(I guess they could set up another deal around those times)

You're also not taking into consideration people who won't buy Destiny solely because they don't like FPS games.

I myself have only played 3 (not counting the Destiny Beta) since the SNES era, only because those three were free through PS+, and not one of those games addressed the issues that pissed me off way back when. I assume it's valid to assume I'm not the only one like this.

So if you're not going to buy Destiny, because "ew, FPS," what other game besides that and Titanfall does the XBone have at this point and time that would be a system seller?

I'm not hyped either because it's also not on PC but that's just me. But again, this bundle deal is a good move by Microsoft.

So if you're not going to buy Destiny, because "ew, FPS," what other game besides that and Titanfall does the XBone have at this point and time that would be a system seller?

Well depending on your preferences; Ryse, Forza, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, just about all the ID@Xbox games, more Gears of War and Crackdown if third person shooters are acceptable, Killer Instinct, Phantom Dust and Sunset Overdrive.

Plenty of options, and that's just the ones announced, there's still a good few exclusive projects yet to be announced.

Well depending on your preferences; Ryse, Forza, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, just about all the ID@Xbox games, more Gears of War and Crackdown if third person shooters are acceptable, Killer Instinct, Phantom Dust and Sunset Overdrive.

Plenty of options, and that's just the ones announced, there's still a good few exclusive projects yet to be announced.

I meant as far as the free game is concerned. Yeah, there's a lot on the horizon, just not by the end of September 13th.

Where the free game is concerned, your options (including multiplats) would be: Destiny, Ryse, Titanfall, Forza, COD, Battlefield 4, AC: Black Flag, Thief, Madden, Fifa, NHL, NBA, Killer Instinct, Tomb Raider definitive, Sniper Elite V3, Wolfenstein, and others I can't think of off the top of my head.

So you have FPS games, sports games, Action/Adventure games, racing games, a fighting game, 3rd person shooter games, and even a stealth game. Not a bad selection of genres.

I meant as far as the free game is concerned. Yeah, there's a lot on the horizon, just not by the end of September 13th.

My bad, but Chumbry provided a good list, also Watch Dogs.

My bad, but Chumbry provided a good list, also Watch Dogs.

It's alright. You're used to someone coming in to threads like this and trying to start console wars. I can't fault you for your response.

Looking at that list, I see a bunch of games I already own, already played (through PS+), or have no interest in playing.

So for me, personally, a free game at this point in time wouldn't sell me on the console.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal by any stretch, but it seems they're putting all their faith in a multiplatform game to catch up to the PS4's profits, and there's an old saying about all one's eggs in a single basket.

Berserker likes this

Lol microsoft is just getting desperate.  In there own words once a console has reach 10 million units sold (to consumers not shipped to GAME etc) it has won.

Sorry Microsoft but sony has already reached that number.  Its a shame the Xbox one is a good console with some great games but the ps4 just performs better by a mile.

Lol microsoft is just getting desperate.  In there own words once a console has reach 10 million units sold (to consumers not shipped to GAME etc) it has won.

Sorry Microsoft but sony has already reached that number.  Its a shame the Xbox one is a good console with some great games but the ps4 just performs better by a mile.

The PlayStation 4 has been available in 60 countries since February, the Xbox One in only 13 since launch. I would almost entirely attribute that to the success of the PS4 and the rocky road for the XB1. The other being the cost, the bad PR in the beginning faded quickly and became an irrelevance before the system even released.

The only people who really held onto that are irrational thinkers, conspiracy theorists and Sony advocates. If both systems were selling in the same amount of markets for the same time the sales figures would no doubt be shadowing each other. This month will tell the tale, the Xbox One is launching in 28 new countries this month.

Performs better at what? The only thing the PlayStation 4 does better from a performance perspective is the ability to either hit a higher target resolution at the same FPS as the Xbox One or match the resolution with a higher FPS cap. To be completely honest resolution on a console these days is mostly irrelevant, you're sitting on a couch 3 meters away from the TV and everything is being upscaled to 1080p anyways, it's almost indiscernible.

Also as you can tell with developers becoming more familiar and the Xbox getting 10% more GPU capability by disabling Kinect that gap is beginning to close, case in point Destiny being identical on both sides.

Berserker likes this

Nice bundle.

And those that have been waiting for more games to make the generation jump.

(...) the game is going to be 1080p/30FPS on both systems so experience wise it will be identical, the only difference is Sony has some timed DLC, not a big deal.

I wonder how can the Xbone display the game at 1080p if its GPU is capable of only 780p.... I'll need to watch a comparison to see if graphics will reallybe identical.

On the other hand, the memory of past Microsoft PR botches are still too fresh in memory, and I think it will remain a factor for at least half a year.
Consumers seem to have short memories, though.....

I don't think they're getting desperate. More like they're still looking for a fight.
I mean..... you spend millions in developing a console, marketting it, licencing games, purchasing timed exclusives.... you can't just throw the towel, you need to recoup your investment.

Edited by Puntosmx

I wonder how can the Xbone display the game at 1080p if its GPU is capable of only 780p.... I'll need to watch a comparison to see if graphics will reallybe identical.

I'm not a technical expert, and If you won't take my word for it I know Nya can explain the details to you, but I assure you, both the X1 and PS4 are quite capable of displaying native 1080p resolutions.

I don't think they're getting desperate. More like they're still looking for a fight.

I mean..... you spend millions in developing a console, marketting it, licencing games, purchasing timed exclusives.... you can't just throw the towel, you need to recoup your investment.

I agree completely. I think people are too eager to hate on Microsoft. Like you said, the PR massacre of last years E3 might still be fresh in some peoples minds, so they often forget to notice when Microsoft actually does great things, like with this deal.

It's a shame really, because It keeps a certain fog of war on this console generation; People with big voices, like that Black Buster guy on Youtube, only steps up to criticize Microsoft, but neglects to highlights the good parts, something Boogie does very well.

Where on Earth did you hear this? There is absolutely nothing true about that.