• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shagger

Thinking about getting Minecraft...

23 posts in this topic

Never played it before, but £13.59 (probably about $18) for it XBox One, good idea?

It's a really fun game, get a group of people to play with, endless hours of fun.

Faravahar1200 likes this

I agree I did'nt think i would like it, but I bought it and realized it had endless creative opitions and the game is really fun and really deserves the goty awards it recieved

Be warned, there will always be people who fuck with you, such as burning down your house with lava. Just get revenge and you will be fine :)

It's pretty fun. It gets stereotyped as being a kids game way to often.

Just don't get it for Xbox. It's a waste of time.

You should probably elaborate a bit mate, since Shagger's specifically wanting to get it for the Xbox.

And on point; Totally go for it. It's an incredible amount of value for money.

You should probably elaborate a bit mate, since Shagger's specifically wanting to get it for the Xbox.

And on point; Totally go for it. It's an incredible amount of value for money.

Well, I admit that it might be an over-exaggeration as I haven't played a console version of the game, but I highly doubt that it differs much from the tablet knock-off. Camera is weird, controls are clunky and managing your inventory or crafting stuff is a chore.

Well, I admit that it might be an over-exaggeration as I haven't played a console version of the game, but I highly doubt that it differs much from the tablet knock-off. Camera is weird, controls are clunky and managing your inventory or crafting stuff is a chore.

Oh It differs quite a bit from the tablet version mate. I don't think you can ever really compare a tablet version of anything to a console or PC version.

Oh It differs quite a bit from the tablet version mate. I don't think you can ever really compare a tablet version of anything to a console or PC version.

I'm just allergic to controllers, or more precisely, analog sticks. They're annoying. :D

I'm just allergic to controllers, or more precisely, analog sticks. They're annoying. :D

Fair enough, but thankfully Shagger's very competent with them, so I'm sure he'll be fine with Minecraft.

If it comes to that the XBox One is compatible with mouse and keyboard. People have been playing mine craft on console for a while so I don't foresee any problems with control optimization.

If it comes to that the XBox One is compatible with mouse and keyboard. People have been playing mine craft on console for a while so I don't foresee any problems with control optimization.

But if you're playing minecraft on the Xbox One while using the mouse and keyboard, would it not just be easier to buy it for the pc?

Plus a whole ton of mods, texture packs, skins etc that you don't have to buy as DLC

But if you're playing minecraft on the Xbox One while using the mouse and keyboard, would it not just be easier to buy it for the pc?

Plus a whole ton of mods, texture packs, skins etc that you don't have to buy as DLC

Don't have a gaming pc atm, nor do I plan to build one for at least another year after my kid gets a little older. Besides, my internet connection is to slow to make using a digital only platform practical. There's certainly nothing wrong with PCs, I just prefer consoles right now.

Don't have a gaming pc atm, nor do I plan to build one for at least another year after my kid gets a little older. Besides, my internet connection is to slow to make using a digital only platform practical. There's certainly nothing wrong with PCs, I just prefer consoles right now.

That's a pretty good point

That feel when you're the only one left who's still fascinated and plays with legos...

You aren't the only one.

You aren't the only one.

I love legos as well. I took out my box of legos to build something, but I guess in the past 7 years I lost all my creativity..

I would suggest you go for the PC version if you can; it is definitely worth the extra $8-$10.

Minecraft on consoles just simply has too many restrictions compared to on the PC. I will try to make a PC vs Xbox table down here.

PC:

•Always will be ahead of console in updates

•You can play any version of minecraft on PC. - This also means you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to or if you just prefer a previous version, or with the Minecraft launcher you can switch between versions.

•You can make and use any skin you like

•You can find new players on servers

•You can use any texture pack you want without paying and other players don't need same texture pack

•In recent updates it seems that now you can even have new models for objects as well - so mesh packs

• Commands - You can type commands in and do basically anything you like.

•In game chat - I know you said XB1 will be keyboard compatible but I doubt they will have the chat

•You can download other's worlds and saves

•Game doesn't take forever to load or save - in fact its autosave.

•Extending on my first point, new things are always made on the PC and then they decide to move that to console so its impossible for them to ever be ahead of PC

♦ MODS MODS MODS MODS!!!!!! - You can't not do anything with mods!

•Infinite Worlds! - XB1 may be some number of times bigger than 360 minecraft but it will never have the power to do this.

•You don't have to pay to play online - Xbox live is required to play online

•New update doesn't mean you have to abandon your world - On consoles once you discover all of your map there are is nothing more to spawn in other words when there's an update many things won't be able to spawn. Example: When the Jungle update came to 360 I needed a new world because I had alread seen my entire map.

•Player limit is much much higher

•Servers can be open 24/7 for players to join and leave at will

Will never be obsolete - although XBOne won't become 'obsolete' any time soon, it kinda happened already to 360. Edit: I just remembered that they're doing an upgrade sorta thing where you only have to pay $5 I think. That's pretty cool but it kinda reassures the fact that 360 is being left behind.

Xbox 360- Xbox One

•Lower Price

•Easier to play with your friends

•Every world acts as a tiny server (though when you leave it closes)

•Xbox mics are able to be used (though I think you can use things such as teamspeak for PC)

•Easier to build with controller or TV screen is better than PC screen (put them together since they are mostly based on opinion)

•A single player world can just as easily be a multiplayer world

I can't think of any more so just take a look at that , in my opinion its worth it to get PC version instead of Minecraft 360: Shiny Edition

I might be wrong, but as much as I know you can't mod minecraft on xbox in which case.. DO NOT GET IT ON XBOX! It's a waste of money. A minecraft without mods is like a game without gameplay. You'll have fun punching trees for the start and progressing through the game. Even I when I first tried out Minecraft I was surprised that it had a bit of fun.. But soon after that it got completely redundant and I had to run to mods. Otherwise it was just a bad game.

Mods are the lifeblood of Minecraft and without it it's just a bad game not worth its money.

That feel when you're the only one left who's still fascinated and plays with legos...

Lego was mentioned.....Denmark FTW

But anyway, alot of danish people i know still enjoy playing around with lego's as they are so entertaining