• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

kuckitime

Does stutter steping in other games improve your kiting skills in LoL?

9 posts in this topic

So, ever since I started playing League, I felt very comfortable with the adc role because I was already used to attack-move or even targeted kiting during your attack pauses(also known as stutter step). This little technique is needed in many RTS games that involve ranged units, like Warcraft or Starcraft as well as in pretty much every MOBA.

What I'm wondering about is: do you think that you can improve your kiting skills in LoL by playing other games better if they have the same mechanic? Might it be easier to learn how to consistently stutter step perfectly by practising in games like Starcraft or Warcaft?

Or the other way around, will LoL help you to orientate better in fast paced RTS games because you can focus more on other things than micro, or is it just too much difference?

I'm interested in what others think about that, since I'm always playing a lot of RTS games and the only champions I don't suck with after taking a break from LoL, seem to be ranged/adc champs. v_v"

I suppose. I always stutter step so that my opponents fail their abilities

It helps to a certain degree, simply because you familiar with executing the maneuver. But don't let that fool you, practice makes perfect, so continue to do this in LoL and you'll become a great adc in no time.

kuckitime likes this

If you are already good at stutter stepping, I recommend learning how to utitlze attack move. Attack move will have you move in a direction until you have a enemy in range to attack and they you will attack that target. It is best used when not in lane so that you can have the highest possibly uptime on an enemy. If used in conjuction with stutter step, it will increase your damage on the target while keeping you mobile.

Another technique to learn is your adc's attack animation. If you cancel too early then you wont hit, but done at the right time will allow for more movement.

kuckitime likes this

Watch this video to get an idea of what I am talking about.

kuckitime and VincentGK like this

The video recommends to rebind a-move in a way that it works like smartcast. Even though I prefere smartcast on my spells, I don't feel like it's really necessary for attack moving, since I use it the standard way in RTS games too which (usually) require a lot more apm as well as attention to where you clicking because accidentally clicking to far off the battle or on a unit will cause half your army to go on an idle "movecommand-adventure". However, I'm curious how much faster you actually with "smartcasting" your attack move. Any before/after experiences? ^_^

You are changing a double press into a single press. That should theoretically double your reaction speed in the same way smartcast works for abilities. You normally also have to use normal clicks in between as well. You will not really notice it at lower attack speeds but it becomes much more noticeable at high attack speeds since you will alternate between normal clicks and attack move clicks at a faster pace.

kuckitime likes this

Watch this video to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Great video, knew all that stuff but will probably start recommending it to newbies since it explains those things way better than I can.

I've been practicing this lately, reason why I've been playing ADCs a lot now. I use my attack move by hold shift, kind of easier for me.