• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

JoelMattGarcia

Microsoft Trying to Buy Mojang

39 posts in this topic

The last thing you need is MS producing shitloads of DLC and locking down the code for the PC version for mods.

Ten Minutes after MS takes charge

>Skins cost money for each change

>Modding is unsupported

>Voice Chat Enabled

What MS should really be focusing on, instead of buying other companies, is getting that xbone back in shape. Just saiyin/

There is really no point in this buy. Mojang (as far as I know) haven't made anything besides minecraft. It's not like your buying Rockstar or Naughty Dog.

Also if this happens, Will I not be able to play MC on my PS4?

It's a Kotaku article.  That alone should say enough on the legitimacy of the thing.

It's a Kotaku article.  That alone should say enough on the legitimacy of the thing.

It's also been reported on other sites.

I wonder what eh initial price tag will be, il bet 1.5 billion dollars!

It's also been reported on other sites.

You could have easily linked this Gamespot article instead or one from a dozen other sites...

Linking to Kotaku is the equivalent to saying "I'm a 14-year-old weeaboo dolt who doesn't know shit about shit so please ignore me".  There are better, more reputable sites out there.  And if no one else is reporting it, it's likely BS.

You could have easily linked this Gamespot article instead or one from a dozen other sites...

Linking to Kotaku is the equivalent to saying "I'm a 14-year-old weeaboo dolt who doesn't know shit about shit so please ignore me".  There are better, more reputable sites out there.  And if no one else is reporting it, it's likely BS.

It was the first site I saw it on, so I linked it from there. 

Ok. We don't like Kotaku much lately. No prob on that.

Back on track, I would've liked it more if Microsoft built a programming studio, instead of buying one.
Though, with MS dumping dozens of people, claiming they've got too little talented people, requesting the govt to cough out dozens of work visas for foreigners, and being called for the scheme by other tech companies, "outsourcing talent" from an indie studio doesn't really surprise me.
Sadly.

All you dising Microsoft you dont know what they would do, you stop acting like you know the future

I can see it now...

MS: "We are happy to announce Minecraft 2, for Kinect!".

Oh heeeell no.

Why did i have to read this before bed? I am going to have night terrors now.

All you dising Microsoft you dont know what they would do, you stop acting like you know the future

I don't know the future but i can remember the past *cough* Rare LTD Games *cough*, sorry feeling a bit under the weather.

IrishRogue likes this

Any company would want to buy the most popular game in the world. Stop treating Microsoft like they're the worst people ever for wanting it. (please)

Ok. We don't like Kotaku much lately. No prob on that.

Their rep has been in the mud for a long, long time.  The recent problems only reinforced that perception.

-----

On Topic:  

It looks like the bid will be for $2 BILLION.  How many tons of Gold Ingots and Diamonds would that have to be?

Their rep has been in the mud for a long, long time.  The recent problems only reinforced that perception.

-----

On Topic:  

It looks like the bid will be for $2 BILLION.  How many tons of Gold Ingots and Diamonds would that have to be?

That'd be about 50 metric tons of gold at about $40,120 a kilogram1. I think. Not too sure to be honest.

For diamonds, on the low end of weight it'd probably be about 3 kilograms, though those are five carat diamonds that go for a good three quarters of a million wholesale2.

If anyone more mathematically inclined would like to double check my numbers, I'd appreciate it. My sources are linked.

I don't know the future but i can remember the past *cough* Rare LTD Games *cough*, sorry feeling a bit under the weather.

Add FASA and Ensemble to that too :(

I'm not sure if this is a good purchase for MS especially at 2bn (and with Notch getting out), I think the franchise is at its peak or nearly at its peak and would soon burst much like Angry Birds, and other fad games. Minecraft 2, imo, isn't needed because of the iterative nature of the game. They should buy Activision (COD, Destiny, Skylanders, etc) or 2k (GTV, 2k sports, Bioshock, Borderlands, etc) if they're willing to throw that much money around (not that I wanted that). But hey it's their money :)

Arch likes this

Any company would want to buy the most popular game in the world. Stop treating Microsoft like they're the worst people ever for wanting it. (please)

I don't treat them as the worse people ever but i am allowed to be highly concerned about this judging some of the gaming related decisions. Recently their was the whole Xbox One DRM/Always online/no pre-owned games fiasco. I still refuse to upgrade to an Xbox One because of what they tried to pull. Also lets not forget Rare Games LTD. They were a great developer company with some cool IPs before Microsoft scooped them up and put them to work on bloody Kinect games and now is basically is leaving it to die atm with their members leaving the company.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Ensemble and FASA.

Well, they're not the worst company around.

But they have earned criticism. What they've done with the Xbone and the mass lay offs and the timed exclusives.....

I remain open for a possible change of direction towards better, more constructive strategies. But one can't just pretend they can't be criticized for what they've already done and seem to be about to do again.

GiraffeOverlord likes this

There was a article in the newpaper here in sweden about the deal. I do not know if the article is true but we cant ignore the possibility that it can happen.

Consumer: Woah i new block?

Microsoft: $15 please..