• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Delrith

*SPOILER* Delrith's Official Destiny Review - READ BEFORE BUY

43 posts in this topic

Very well spoken.. er written Delrith. Exactly the way I'd put it... more or less.

holy shit to sum up dels problems with the loot system heres the end of the nightfall strike that me del and a friend did http://www.twitch.tv/angryjoeshow/c/5120824

Thats Bullshit

By the same token, a guy on my team in a match of Clash today got an Exotic. Random means random.

I feel Bungie lied about what we would get primarily in regards to the story but what we got is still quite fun.

It's an FPS Diablo. You repeat instances over and over again trying to get the better loot so you can go do the same instances again at a higher difficulty for better chances at loot.

There may be more story content in the DLC's but I feel if that's true then that's a cheap way of extending the life of a game and inexcusable in terms of selling a game at full price when you've purposefully extracted a part to sell later.

on the subject of the autoaim. in at least one of the halo games, I believe it was 3,  there was a slightly noticeable aim tracking regardless of if you had auto aim on or not. Caused me to miss a few shots as another target crossed in front and dragged the curser with him ever so slightly.
But regardless I agree with this review. I mean it was over hyped with "180 awards and nominations"  that just baffle me on how they earned. it's like the those giving the nominations played a different game. Also they seemed to have "gear boxed" us. Promising vast explorable "open world" areas in interviews but only released standard "halo" sized maps.

Also the grimorie, there is no excuse for not including it in the game itself somehow, like every other game out there has done in one way or another. audible logs, journals, even books with stories (skyrim for example), or just having the grimorie itself in a separate tab. I should not have to go to your website just to find out what is going on in the game, and just so you can get more page views and ad revenue.

1. Never buy a game at launch.

2. I was buying into hype but was mad it was not on PC so was going to wait any ways.

3. If you can mod this game the wait for PC will be worth it.

4. Even if you're not going to play it on PC wait for them to fix a game before you buy full price for it.

5. You're right, the game should be ready at launch but no game is so stop expecting games to be.

6. Why number this as if I'm listing points for a argument? Because i didn't feel like translating the main ideas of my thoughts into a paragraph because I am lazy.

By the same token, a guy on my team in a match of Clash today got an Exotic. Random means random.

Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

I liked the game and i like to note the fact that to have a review you should focus on the good as equally as the bad because it seem you just wanted to do a rant. I don't know what game you have been playing but in my opinion this game deserves at least and 7 or 8 because this game is different that the generic military shooters coming out these days. To me the gamplay is fun and a larger variety of enemies make every encounter fresh. I will say the game was overhyped due to the fact that everyone keeps saying thats its an mmo. But 12 people is not massive. And I don't know why your so angry about this game you should of had a chance with the beta or alpha so no matter what bungie said you should have know what the game was going to be like. That late in development not a lots going to change. You have to at least pay attention to the story missions to understand whats going on because the story needs to be light because they need to keep some for tens years worth. Destiny is not a bad game i just think that some peoples expectations where too high and other just wanted something to hate on.

johnythehero likes this

I honestly enjoy destiny a lot frankly I was done with fps till planat side 2 for ps4 came out but hey I really like destiny the only time I don't like it is when I play alone. This game is fun with freinds but sucks solo but I'll still be playing it.

Yeah and now Planetside 2 will be out for PS4 which will be the BEST way to play with friends on console (considering it is free to play and promotes teamwork). I can't believe this game just had so bad of a fall down. Can't wait to see what Joe will review this. 

I feel Bungie lied about what we would get primarily in regards to the story but what we got is still quite fun.

It's an FPS Diablo. You repeat instances over and over again trying to get the better loot so you can go do the same instances again at a higher difficulty for better chances at loot.

There may be more story content in the DLC's but I feel if that's true then that's a cheap way of extending the life of a game and inexcusable in terms of selling a game at full price when you've purposefully extracted a part to sell later.

^^^ This. I love playing this game with my AJSA PS4 clanmates. I really enjoy the shooting mechanics and the light RPG mechanics. The worlds are actually pretty big if you try to explore them. But Bungie did a horrible job of storytelling in this game. I go on missions/strikes and have no idea why I'm killing stuff or how it fits in the bigger picture. I see Cabal and Vex fighting and I don't know why they fight each other or if it is important that they are doing so. **SPOILERS** I see Fallen guarding an Awoken and have no answer as to how that happened. **SPOILERS** I pick up some piece of a dead ghost and return it to the Speaker (Peter Dinklage told me it was important to do so), the speaker doesn't say a word, just asks me which loot I want as a reward. There are countless times where narrative elements could have been put in and made sense, but they didn't put them in. I'd give gameplay an 8/10, enjoyable almost addictive for me; and I'd give the story a 4/10 and it only gets the 4 because there are obvious elements of a really cool universe that they could elaborate on but they simply chose not to. So maybe in the end a 6/10 makes sense. Huh... I didn't think I'd come to that conclusion when I started writing this paragraph...

HeroEightyTwo likes this

I cannot see Destiny's main narrative improving. Forget the introduction of decent characters with arcs that wont happen. As for general gameplay mmmm cannot see that improving either. Its obvious as Delrith posited that most of the budget was spent on the charm offensive / advertising. As many critics have already observed this game is just another run and gun game, complete with rinse and repeat mechanics.
What concerns me is that game developers are investing a lot of time and money in creating hype around their game releases. Obviously pre-orders influenced by slick marketing is a money spinner. Another worrying trend is the game expansions packs that is now commonplace. Serve them crap then promise the customer it will get better if they invest more cash in the game. At some point will there be a backlash or has gamers become conditioned to this garbage. I believe it all started when developers started dumbing down games in the late nineties to appeal to a wider market (teens). What we are seeing is it another chapter on the evolution or de-evolution of the gaming industry?  

Man Del, what happened to that 0/10? lol. That was some BS! 

LMAO was that him who got screwed over on those exotics?

Sometimes i think ppl forget this game was published by Activision...........WTF DID YOU EXPECT!!??

Ofcourse there was gonna be a fuck ton of DLC,  ofcourse the game was rushed.  There is a reason COD has been the same shit year after year with dlc poking out its ass.

Im not as angry about how Destiny turned out as it was expecting it to be like this as soon as the Activision name came up.

And how about the mind numbing, eye gouging, flipping repetition! I did my bounties last night, they refreshed this morning and they are EXACTLY THE SAME ONES! For both Vanguard and Queen! Come on Bungie how freaking lazy are you?

Yeah but this game too longer to develop than games such as Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 at launch had over 20 hours of engaging story with memorable characters and alot of humor, side missions that added more to the story, millions of guns(even though everybody pretty much ended up with the same ones), 4 classes that were clearly different in almost every way and stood out, a level cap of 50, and engaging enemies and bosses that were all unique, better strategy to take enemies out (slag enemies then corrosive etc.)

Destiny as of now if basically 4 times longer than the BETA we got. That seems very unacceptable to me.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Massive Borderlands 2 fan here. Eventualy sold my 360 for a little cash boost. Bought the ps4 with Destiny hoping this would be kinda like Borderlands 2.1 and becoming the next big thing. Sure has hell thats not going on at the moment. Reached lvl20 and finished the story. But it doesn't really draw me back into the game due to the grinding grinding and grinding some more. Same lvl, same story, different bounty (or the same, again).

Sure hope they patch the F out of this game. Sure got potential!