• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MoVe

Pick your crafting profession [excel]

27 posts in this topic

Hey boyz and girls,

I finally got the rights to manage AA subforums, It didnt come free but sometimes you need to sacrifice stuff for better tomorrow eh?

Anyways I made this excel spread sheet, it is really important you take this serious and fill it.

If you are interested in crafting, please use the excel sheet below and add yourself to the list

Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DYeyOD1j8bSpW6pFuE1Vr1KVNrpElkEmSZArJ1hA1Ms/edit#gid=0

About: professions: http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Crafting

About the sheet:

* The goal is to have dedicated crafters that would use our resources efficiently.

* The sheet is divided into groups by importance red-->yellow-->white

* If we do not have at least 2 (prefer patrons or hardcore free players) dedicated crafters of each proffesion in the red group, we are simply fuked as a guild.

* If you want to get anything crafted, you should open the excel sheet find the person responsible for it, get the mats needed and ask that person to craft for you. Its highly inefficient to do it by yourself.

How to use the sheet:

*You simply write your ingame neme on the first column

* Pick only one proffesion that would be your main LP dumpster and type in "P" - Patron "F"- freebie

Short Q&A (will be edited when we have more questions):

Q:Must I pick at least one?

A: No, if you feel that you cant go hard into one proffesion as your main, its best you do not pick anything.

Q: Can I pick whatever I want?

A: Yes, we are not forcing anything, do what you like :). But as I said if we do not have the most important crafting professions we are fuked

Q: Why are we fuked? I can craft best tier bows using Carpentry level 2

A: First you will need more labor points to do that (not so important). The higher tier the better is the chance to proc for a Legendary Unique Mystic gear. If we dont have dedicated craftsmen we will be running around with no labour and white/green/blue items.

DoctorEvil likes this

Q: Due to being able to Master 2 trades, could people interested in it pick both professions? Also, probably it would be a good idea to focus on mastering one, and then going for the second, so probably the list would update as needed.

Q: Which would be the most important professions?

I get that weapon-related tasks would be first priority (weaponry, metalwork, leatherwork, masonry, mining), as well as utilitarian ones (machining, construction, logging, trade), with foodstuff professions taking second seat (cooking, farming, husbandry, gathering, fishing).

A: All the primary ones are important (weaponry, leatherwork, tailoring, machining, carpentry, metal working, handycrafts and cooking). The collection ones husbandry, farming, mining, logging, fishing, ect... are used to support primary. Now the cool ones are left, like composition, Larsony, and printing. An example of composition is you can write music for people to play on special instruments in their houses or from their characters. The higher Larsony you have the more you get out of money bags and the less time your footprints stay following a crime.

Q: Due to being able to Master 2 trades, could people interested in it pick both professions? Also, probably it would be a good idea to focus on mastering one, and then going for the second, so probably the list would update as needed.

A: You can master 3 if you pay for enough snowflakes. However it is best if you master a main one and master a collection one that is needed to do that main one. EG. Leatherworking and husbandry or Cooking and farming. You will need friends who do similar things. An example is for cooking you need: fruit, meat, and grains. So if you Main cooking and have farming to grow fruit and grains; you will need someone like a leatherworker who has husbandry. He kills animals to get leather and hopefully give you his meat.

Another example is machining, construction, and carpentry need each other to build things. But all need logging.

Puntosmx likes this

The great thing about proficiency mastery in this game is you can downgrade it.  Even though you lose the proficiency and everything you put into it, it adds some flexibility if you ever decide to have a "career change".

Also IMO, alchemy is mostly in demand up to 20k proficiency to repair ships and maybe higher for hardcore potion users in pvp (a lot of people will be pumping these).  Every other red labelled proficiency is much longer term and there is no rush to max them because of huge RNG when crafting high tier gear, high cost to make them and Hasla gear exists even though we are locked at tier 1 at launch.  Mining is probably as necessary because we will need someone with 50k mining to even get a castle which will be unlocked in about a month after launch.

Handicrafts. Those necklaces, rings and earrings provide some nice extra stats. :P

ok i'll be on metal and leather work, and if you guys can donate material for i'll be graceful

This is not considered donating. I will ask for you to  make leather when i need it and provide the materials. You would be working for me and I would be saving my labor points for my main Alchemy. If you need potions, I would be working for you. This way we wouldnt be wasting labor points for professions we arent planning to max out.Thats how it suppose to work

I plan on  going Carpentry, and would like to harvest my own mats so therefore, 'I am (also)a lumberjack, and I'm Ok' with that.

I plan on  going Carpentry, and would like to harvest my own mats so therefore, 'I am (also)a lumberjack, and I'm Ok' with that.

You think people will go through the pages of this thread  to search for crafters? I doub it. They will probably just check the excel sheet and pick the first guy they see. Therefore I do not see the point behind your post

I'd love to be a guild blacksmith.

Still not really sure but I guess I'll mark myself under carpentry for now due to the fact I naturally got about 6k carpentry from my own trees I grew/gathered in beta.  Though my primary labor sinks were in mining and artistry, I can easily dump a lot of labor into carpentry proficiency assuming I have the money/logs to do so.  Shouldn't be a problem anyway since i can always trade 100 lumber for 300 logs and endlessly go through this cycle until I run out of labor.

While it's nice people are stating in here what they intend to do, it is essential that you post in MoVe's spreadsheet what you want your two Master Level crafts to be in.

I am planning to be a cook so conatact me for that stuff right now

I am planning to be a cook so conatact me for that stuff right now

Just for my curiosity. Why do people protest on the excel sheet?

I may be interested in playing this shortly. I will be focused on making boats/vehicles if so. I am not going to put my name down as a crafter until I know for sure how much time I will dedicate to this game. I will also probably be playing very casually if I do play.

I plan on going down the piracy route so making ships and stuff will be my main focus.

Alright ive decided on being a cook and alchemist my ingame name is villanbullet

I don't know how useful it will be, but I'm mainly planning on just fishing for now. I suppose since I'll need chum or stuff then cooking will be a by product.

[edit]

Apparently you can't make chum via cooking anymore.

i'll specialize in cooking (and i better not hear anything about that... -.-'' )

i'll specialize in cooking (and i better not hear anything about that... -.-'' )

Hear anything about what? :)

Argh Kizra you too ignore the excel sheet :/ Is it poorly visible? help me improve it

Argh Kizra you too ignore the excel sheet :/ Is it poorly visible? help me improve it

I think people are just too lazy to read or didn't pay too much attention xD

Try putting like, "If you are interested in crafting, please use the excel sheet below and add yourself to the list" and whatever else you need to write and then bald it like I did. Maybe increase the font size. 

I think everyone here understood that YOU are the one who is putting their names in the sheet. You guys are supposed to put your own names in it yourselves.

Also, I just added myself for metalswork, planning to main it. 

And for anyone else reading this, if you wish to do one of the crafting professions, you don't have to post it here in the thread, instead add your in-game name into the sheet like below in the picture, and use F if you are a freebie or P if you are a patron.

Sheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DYeyOD1j8bSpW6pFuE1Vr1KVNrpElkEmSZArJ1hA1Ms/edit#gid=0

wJTEXn8.png

MoVe likes this